Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Decades of wondering!

I'm hoping someone out there will remember this film. I saw it decades ago and I can't remember the title.

It was back in the mid-seventies. The film was a color Frankenstein film, perhaps Hammer. I remember the cinematography was similar to the old Hammer films, anyway. Film appears to be set in either the 18th or 19th century.

All I remember about the plot is a young man and a friend return to the home of the young man. His sister is there waiting for him. I think he was the one who was building the monster, but I'm not sure. His friend has no idea of what's going on, he thinks he's just going for a visit. I believe the man building the monster murders his friend to use his body for the monster.

The only other part I remember is a scene on a ship. It's snowing and the monster is sitting on the deck of the ship. He's leaning forward with his head in his hands.

I've made attempts over the years to find the name of this movie but have had no luck. It was on TV so it may have been made for television but I'm inclined to doubt that because of the strong resemblance to Hammer.

I know it's not much to go on but if anyone knows, I would love to hear from you.

This might be Frankenstein: The True Story. Leonard Whiting (Romeo) was Victor and Michael Sarrazin was the monster. I remember the scene on the ship in the snow.

I have this DVD - it was a TV movie...and it's a good one. Hope this is the one you remember!