Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Any news on a Forbidden Hollywood volume 4

svensk11

i hope it will include some REAL precodes ---

Like the original uncut and uncensored Mata Hari, please give the fans at TCM a break and see it for the way it was intended (the film which caused riots when it was released in 1932 before it was cut up and censored by the so-called decency!

give me a break, some of those pre-codes are silly!

Crawford and Davis made many precodes also

so did Stanwyck and do not forget about Susan Lenox with Garbo and Gable, this was another film which caused rumbles in the decent world!

These are just some suggestions, mind you, but Garbo and Gable together will sell the DVD set

also some very provocative scenes from Mata Haril will intrigue the TCM followers!

• 4 weeks later...

i want the uncensored real version of Mata Hari with Garbo in this Forbidden Hollywood 4

THIS WAS REALLY FORBIDDEN, WHEN IT WAS RE-RELEASED IN 1938, THE CODE WOULD NOT PASS THE STEAMY LOVE SCENES WITH GARBO AND NOVARRO,,,THIS IS REALLY FORBIDDEN TCM SHOULD REALLY GIVE US THIS, IT IS AROUND, IT HAS BEEN SHOWN IN BRUSSELS TWO YEARS AGO, WHY CANNOT WE HAVE THIS AMERICAN FILM IN THE US?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

yes, i agreee, with gable, garbo and harlow, it would get me to buy....the first 3 volumes were ok but i do not consider any of them to be too pre-code we need that Mata Hari uncut, definitely.....only Baby Face in the first volume, i consider to be really pre-code...lets hope for the best!

• 4 weeks later...

I would love to see Red Dust released on DVD. It's one of my favorite Jean Harlow films.

I'd rather Kay Francis get her own box set than have one or two of her excellent pre-codes released with other films.

What about Warren William's pre-codes like Skyscraper Souls, Employee's Entrance, and The Mind Reader?

• 2 weeks later...

> {quote:title=midnight08 wrote:}{quote}

> I know this is fruitless wishful thinking but I would love to see Clara Bow's "Call Her Savage" included in the next FH. Now THAT was pre-code!

Or Hoopla. Another good example. It's too bad Clara Bow dropped out of films after that--she would have at least lasted up through the 30's.

• 2 months later...

I hope they will continue to make this series of box sets! There are so many great pre-code films, they could just keep producing them and folks would gather, as there is such a great fascination and interest in this period of film! I would totally love to see more Warren William and Kay Francis...lots of films from the period!

• 2 weeks later...

I was disappointed that they didn't release one in March (when the FH set usually comes out). Hopefully, they'll release vol. 4 soon - especially since TCM showed "The Story of Temple Drake" at the film festival this year. I'm hoping it would be on the next set. (if not, I REALLY wish they'd show TSOTD on TCM soon)

Edited by: Kellykoop on Aug 24, 2010 10:28 AM

• 3 weeks later...

Archived