Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
zasupittsfan

ZaSu Pitts is still amazing

I thought that she showed herself to be a good dramatic actress in both GREED (1924), and THE WEDDING MARCH (1928). Evidently only Erich von Stroheim was the only one in Hollywood that saw this quality in her.

She was good in drama, and it is a pity no one in Hollywood could see that. Or, perphaps it was because she was so good with comedy she was too busy to do many dramatic roles. By the way, ZaSu wrote a recipe book on candy. Does anyone know anything about it? Is it still in print? I could use a piece of fudge right now.

> {quote:title=lulu2u wrote:}{quote}

> ZaSu wrote a recipe book on candy. Does anyone know anything about it? Is it still in print? I could use a piece of fudge right now.

>

Her book of candy recipes is also half biography. It's called "ZaSu Pitts Candy Hits". I'm sure it's not still in print.

It was discussed a few months ago on a previous ZaSu Pitts thread, where I remember posting some other comments about it.

You can get ZaSu's book of candy recipes on either amazon or eBay. Some sellers charge far too much, so beware. If you look around you can easily get a good deal, though. A small publishing house called McFarland & Company is supposed to release a ZaSu biography of some sort later this summer...the late author of said book earlier wrote this write-up on ZaSu:

http://www.classicimages.com/articles/2008/08/28/past_articles/pittszasu.txt

Thanks to all for the information about the candy recipe book. I also enjoyed reading the article about ZaSu Pitts. She had an interesting career. I will try to locate a copy of the book.