Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Endless Night: A Valentine to Film Noir

There has been a lot of talk about this video recently - partly because it was selected to be shown at a prominent film noir festival. However as you can see in YouTube, it has been around for quite a while now.

I think the editing is terrific, and the chosen clips totally awesome (although of course there's a few other noirs she could have included also).

Had anyone seen this before? Did you like it or dislike it? What did you like/dislike about it?

SoCalGal,

Just to give credit where credit is due, the video was reportedly edited by a 20-year-old college student working out of her iBook. She has posted in the comments section of the YouTube page, perhaps she has even mentioned the name of the song (I personally don't know it).

And as nice as it is in a YouTube page, it looks 100x better in a large theater screen, with an audience that is eager to watch a double feature of classic noir. ;)

In one of the very nicest surprises so far at Noir City 8, Czar of Noir Eddie Muller introduced to the audience tonight the young student who put together this fantastic montage and gave her a nice present on behalf of the Film Noir Foundation.

("The Endless Night" continues to draw very enthusiastic responses from the audience whenever it is shown before the main feature).

Someone in the audience asked her during the intermission how old she was when she watched her first film noir - I believe she said she must have been around 14 or so, and that her favorite noir is In a Lonely Place.

She seemed really nice. :D