Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

maybe it's just ME who feels this way....

but leonardo that needs to DIEcaprio is making some movie on the life of Howard Hughes ....well,anyways....i was looking at photos from this movie and well......GWEN STEFANI is playing JEAN HARLOW???!!!!! CATE BECKINSALE IS PLAYING AVA GARDNER?!!!! and CATE BLANCHETT IS PLAYING KATHARINE HEPBURN!!!!! too bad from what i DID see,Miss Cate looks like a damn boy and Katharine looked nothing like a boy!!!! UGGGGGGGGGGH. so yeah........comments on this? you can go to imdb.com for more info by the way.....*kills self*

I can't say I agree with you. I think this movie might be interesting. The casting is done pretty well. I saw pictures in People and Gwen looks a lot like Jean and so on and so forth. I don't think this movie will be as bad as you are making it out to be. It's better than another remake.

After three or four times around with the log in/log out routine (and I'm sure glad no one else is having problems with this), I'd like to at last say that after seeing Blanchett in Veronica Guerin, I think she'll be able to play Hepburn as the tomboyish woman that she was. She doesn't look like KH but she has something of the Kate quality to her.

I don't think Stefani looks anything like Jean Harlow but it, apparently, is a very minor role so it's not that important that she look like Harlow or even that she can act, which is doubtful.

The film is being made by Scorses so I am confident that it won't be another Gable and Lombard, for instance.

Ariel

I don't know how big Gwen's part as Jean is, but if it's not extensive with little speaking, then it's fine. I saw pics of her as Jean, and I personally don't feel justice was done, but... *shrug*. I doubt Jean is losing any angel feathers over it.

The ultimate choice for Jean, IMHO, is Reece Witherspoon.

As a complete fan of Cate Blanchett's work, all I gotta say, Judygarland4liz, is OUCH!! I think she's a wonderful actress and as for Kate Beckinsale, I would watch her in just about anything! She could play the lead in a four-hour epic on the history of tax reform and I would buy a ticket. She's sublime AND has talent! At least I think so. As for Blanchett, I can't think of a more competent actress, except for maybe Julianne Moore, to attempt a portrayal of Hepburn.

I personally see nothing wrong with this production. I think it's pretty cool that Hollywood is even willing to produce a film that includes depictions of classic film stars. As staid and formulaic as many Hollywood films have become, it's a blessing they even remember these icons of yesteryear. 'The Aviator,' which you mention, may be a complete mess or a complete surprise. Either way, I am intrigued by the idea and will definitely go see it......

nah i was not trying to diss the stars in the movie,i just dont agree with people portraying people and them not look like the people they are portraying. i personally think that if you cant find someone near enough to resemble someone,then don't even go through with the project because i personally feel it is an insult. but yeah....it may be a good movie and all....i just don't support the people who are portraying them....

Judygarland4liz,

But what happens if you find someone who looks the part and then you cast them and they can't pull the acting part of the deal off? I would prefer the most competent performance over the fact that the actor looks exactly like whatever non-fictional character they are portraying. But that's just me. Anyway, I didn't really think you were trying to diss the stars of the film, as much as the IDEA of the film.

But BRACKENHE says it best. At least it's an original idea and after a summer of remakes, sequels, and the usual schlocky blockbusters, I am ready for some quality entertainment at the theater. I usually get that when I go to one of the local arthouse theaters, via Foreign and Independent films, but I am ready to head back to the multiplex and not walk out ashamed of paying to see something lousy....and I have done that SEVERAL times this summer.