Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Invaders from Mars (1953)

I get confused...which version has the additional footage with the discussion about the types of UFOs? Where the kid is obviously older than he is during the rest of the film?

Isnt the UK version the one that has removed the 'it was a dream...uh oh!' sequence at the end??

I think TCM would show the version as originally shot, with it being a dream that is now about to happen.

The British version is the one with the extra footage, shot a few years after the film's original release, according to star Jimmy Hunt. Not only does he look taller in the scene, but his sweater seems to appear and disappear at will. lol Jimmy will be back for Con III on October 16-17 in New York City. Details posted on site blog. http://www.myspace.com/captaincelluloid9000

• 1 month later...

The British version has the additional footage. I had Jimmy Hunt at my Con last year, and we watched it together during the event. He got a chuckle when his sweater, in the observatory scene, was sort of appearing and disappearing at will.

• 4 months later...