Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

> {quote:title=FredCDobbs wrote:}{quote}

> That?s why I said:

>

> ?That?s why they needed a ?color coordinator? for Technicolor, and that was to correct the colors BEFORE they were photographed, by means of manipulating the colors of the clothing, wall colors, make-up color skin-tones, and lighting colors (color filters on lights).?

>

> What we see on the screen is white. That?s what I was talking about. That?s why I said they adjust the colors of the clothing, walls, etc.

>

Colors on-set weren't "corrected," they were chosen, the same as they are nowadays, though the demands of the three-strip system, and the hard Klieg lights (which haven't been used in decades) imposed different choices than later mono-pack film stocks do.

> {quote:title=FredCDobbs wrote:}{quote}

> Please stop stalking me and stop constantly telling me I?m wrong. Leave me alone.

Everyone posting here or any other online forum, including me, is subject to comment and/or contradiction. If your delicate sensibilities can't withstand criticism, then I suggest you cease contributing and merely read what others have written.

WORST, WORST , _WORST_

wor-hur-hur-hur-hurst

movie to EVER win the Best Picture Oscar.

Makes The Greatest Show on Earth look like Citizen Kane

There.

I said it.

Sue me.

ps- *WORST*

Edited by: JonnyGeetar on Feb 8, 2010 1:01 PM to add an ounce more of vitriol.

For the record, the movie lasted about the time it took for the ship to go from struck to sunk. In the long run that's not much time to face your death.

I first heard about it in July of 1997 when James St.James talked about it on his radio show. It was over budget, had production problems, and many thought it would be Waterworld II. When it came out in December, I was amazed that both our local paper's critics gave it 31/2 stars when they almost never agreed on anything. Then I heard the version of the theme that had actual film dialogue and decided to see it. It was worth it.

Seeing the size of the ship made you realize why it was considered unsinkable. You thought of all the manpower that went into building of it seemingly for nothing. While you know putting human values on is wrong, you couldn't help but feel sad that those who died were mostly the ones who did the low-wage laboring so the wealthy could live it up. It was a tragedy that need never have happened except for human arrogance and pride.

I agree-Victor Garber should have been an Oscar nominee that year-along with Leonardo DiCaprio. In order to believe that Rose would leave money for love Jack had to be believable and he was. I know he was a hit with young girls and I hoped they saw in his respect for Rose's mind and heart as well as desire for her how they want to be treated by the boys they know. The movie was a bit long at the end but that deserved everything it got.

> {quote:title=wouldbestar wrote:}{quote}

> I first heard about it in July of 1997 when James St.James talked about it on his radio show. It was over budget, had production problems, and many thought it would be Waterworld II. When it came out in December, I was amazed that both our local paper's critics gave it 31/2 stars when they almost never agreed on anything. Then I heard the version of the theme that had actual film dialogue and decided to see it. It was worth it.

That might just be one of the best reasons to never believe the hype. For almost six months, the media treated the movie like it was going to be a huge disaster and sink at the box-office without a trace.

Hardly how things turned out indeed...