Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

WHEN CAN WE EXPECT THE MAY SCHEDULE ?

> {quote:title=mr6666 wrote:}{quote}

> MAY !

> Are you kidding? I'm _still_ waiting for my February issue of the NP Guide !!

> Any idea when I can Expect THAT???

Sounds like the post office struck again. Give them a call at the subscription number (800-TCM-1002). I don't know if they still have any extra copies they could send you, but at least they'll extend your subscription for an extra issue. I've discovered that if I don't have it by the beginning of the last week of the previous month, they'll mail a replacement if I call.

> {quote:title=mr6666 wrote:}{quote}

> thanks, mark,

> but been there, done that, twice already.

> maybe if I keep it up, I'll get a whole free year out of them, all delivered 15 days too late. woopee.

>

I had that problem a few years ago: about one out of three issues would never arrive and I had to keep calling for replacements.

It may be the *Race and Hollywood* series and acquiring the films for that weekly series that is holding up the publication of the schedule.

It's just a thought. Past *RAH* series have more than been worth the wait. Here's hoping this one is as well.

> {quote:title=clore wrote:}{quote}

> Maybe they looked at the thread about overplayed films and realized that two-dozen of the usual suspects were scheduled for May. :)

Or maybe the pre-1960 faction is battling with the post-1960 faction. Helen Twelvetrees vs. Sigourney Weaver.

I'm surprised that nobody has figured it out yet. The theme for May will be "Mystery Month". Not mystery movies, but the mystery will be what TCM will be showing. No published schedule. They'll have all the titles on a big dartboard in the program office and every afternoon they'll take turns throwing darts and picking out the films for the next day.

Here's a bit of info -

The Essentials titles for May are -

May 1st - *A Foreign Affair*

May 8th - *The Lion In Winter*

May 15th - *The Blue Dahlia*

May 22nd - *The Hunchback Of Notre Dame*

May 29th - *The Best Years Of Our Lives*

You can see the schedule for the entire year here -

http://i.cdn.turner.com/v5cache/TCM/2009/essentials/documents/essentials_schedule_2010.pdf