Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Poor Marilyn's turning over in her grave

earth to TCM?!?! hello?!?!

The month of August happens to be 31 days long , for 31 days in a row TCM showing a daily movie-thon featuring 31 of Hollywood's golden era's hottest male and female stars.

Unfortunatly, sweet Marilyn Monroe is NOWHERE ( and I mean absolutely NOWHERE!?!) to be found on TCM's schdeule for the entire month of August !! this is a travesty !

TCM has dissed Norma Geane! how rude ! (and oh so SAD ! ) heck it's downright scandalous!!!!

sure, we all know Charlton Heston got the shaft too but he's a card carying member of the NRA so I don't blame 'em for ignoring him!

WHY was Marilyn overlooked ? sure we know this is TCM and not the Fox movie channel, BUT STILL !!

Eisenhower administration's era Hollywood would've been oh so boring without her great work ! her 1953-1959 work is such a 1950's staple one cannot discuss 1950's Hollywood without mentioning one or even 2 (or more) of her splendid and wonderful films.

I think (I think therefore i'm right!)that a Marilyn tribute on "summer under the stars" should be definitely included and it's an outrage that it's not !

And to add insult to injury ,given the fact that Marilyn passed away in the month of August, 42 years ago,(08/05/1962) it should've been all the more reason to honor , remember and reminisce about her and make a tribute to her.

I'm very dissapointed and hurt ,as are, i'm sure, millions of her present day fans and TCM subscribers.

who knows, maybe a Marilyn-a-thon would be part of TCM's 12 days of Christmas special (one must only hope)

shame!

Hey TCM programming meister, thanks for the reply oh and I'm sorry for coming off so hot and bothered but Marilyn holds a special place in my heart *R.I.P NGB*

thing is , I do not subscribe to the Fox movie channel.

,but ... then again I don't get the Fox news channel either. coincidence? go figure. hehe .