Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Edward G. Robinson

I agree. I never thought I was a big fan, but I found myself taping a lot of his movies. They are just great. I know he is known for his gangster movies, but I especially like him in comedy, such as A Slight Case of Murder.

I know what you mean. I just recently took notice of him in a couple of gangster/tough guy roles. There was something about him that impressed me a lot. Then came TCM's tribute to him the other day and I decided to watch more. Yes, I can see why he was such a hit playing the gangster roles, but I especially loved him in Brother Orchid as the gangster-turned-monk who retains his grittiness and streetwise talk while converting from his self-serving attitudes; what a great role. I am so glad that I recorded a bunch of his movies because now I'm looking forward to seeing him in more non-gangster roles such as the comedy you spoke of. And as an added bonus, I found a very inexpensive Edward G Robinson DVD at Best Buy that has four more of his movies. Now I have enough Edward G to last quite a while.

special short he was such a classy actor and made 'real' whatever part he was in. Shame some if not most actors today learned nothing from him, as well as other's like Tracy, Bogart etc...But then again, suppose one can't blame them. After all, most films today are so heavily into special effects which for my taste are not so special or even effective!

So there.

How was the quality on that Eddie G DVD you got at Best Buy? I've seen a few of those for sale there and have been very tempted but have not known how good the transfer is. I know it's hard to quibble on such a purchase but I've gotten burned a couple of times quality wise and hate to pay for something that isn't worth a nickel.

Thanks!