Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Warner Archive Wish Lists

There have been several threads posted about the Warner Archive DVD series, some pro- and some con-. I'm grateful to the series myself--despite being pricier than the average DVD, the series has included many titles I thought I'd never be able to own at home.

But--since we classic movie fans are never satisfied--there are a number of titles not yet released that I'd like to see. My current wish list includes:

Life Begins (1932)

In Caliente (1935)

Broadway Gondolier (1935)

I Married a Doctor (1936)

The Singing Marine (1937)

From This Day Forward (1946)

Two Guys from Texas (1948)

Night Song (1948)

Susan Slept Here (1954)

The Girl Most Likely (1958)

Some of these I suspect are likely to be released (Susan Slept Here), some of them I'm not holding my breath (I Married a Doctor, Night Song). But I'd be delighted to own them all.

The Archive Series appears to be pretty well planned--each new batch of movies seems to revolve around particular themes or stars. Does anyone know--do they accept suggestions for titles to release?

I am not sure if the same situation exists now, but I think HELL ON FRISCO BAY was a Jaguar Production owned by the Ladd Estate. The films I would like to see released are THE BREAKING POINT , THE HASTY HEART ,RATON PASS and THE MACOMBER AFFAIR.

> {quote:title=cody1949 wrote:}{quote}

> The films I would like to see released are THE BREAKING POINT , THE HASTY HEART ,RATON PASS and THE MACOMBER AFFAIR.

The Hasty Heart has already been released on DVD as part of The Ronald Reagan Signature collection.

Kinokima,

I didn't even know that *OLD HEIDELBERG* was on Youtube. Clips from *THE BIG PARADE, THE COSSACKS, THE CIRCLE,* and numerous other MGM Silents were removed clear back in last June yet,. But these haven't been released through Warner Archive or the TCM Vault collections.

I did like to see:

Blowing Wild

The Breaking Point

Mara Maru

Hell in Frisco Bay

The Inspector General

South of St Louis

Stop, You Are Killing Me!

Juarez

Bugles in the Afternoon

Drumbeat

The Big Land

At Sword's Point

Too Much, Too Soon

Swordsman of Siena

Guns of the Timberland

> {quote:title=gagman66 wrote:}{quote}

> Kinokima,

>

> I didn't even know that *OLD HEIDELBERG* was on Youtube. Clips from *THE BIG PARADE, THE COSSACKS, THE CIRCLE,* and numerous other MGM Silents were removed clear back in last June yet,. But these haven't been released through Warner Archive or the TCM Vault collections.

It was up there at least a month ago (which is how I finally managed to see it. Of course I would rather have seen it on a normal size screen but sometimes YT is the only way)

I guess I don't have a lot of hope that it will be released but it would be nice. It's such a wonderful little film (I would like to see The Big Parade and The Crowd released too for that matter but at least I have those on DVD-R).

Well, they did release *TIDE OF EMPIRE* in January. That had a few clips on Youtube before being pulled. I don't mind the clips being removed providing they are releasing those movies, or at least posting clips of them on in the TCM Media room. Otherwise, I you say no one gets to see anything at all of these films. I mean *THE COSSACKS* and *THE CIRCLE* for example have never even been on TCM yet.

*OLD HEIDELBERG* has probably had a more recent transfer that the Thames presentation produced in the early 80's, and released on MGM laser-disc in 1989. Still waiting to see the newly restored *THE BIG PARADE* premier on TCM.

I would like to see the non-Oscar winning films of Luise Rainer:

DRAMATIC SCHOOL

THE TOY WIFE

BIG CITY

THE EMPEROR'S CANDLESTICKS

ESCAPADE

I would also like to see some of the more obscure MGM films starring Van Johnson:

NO LEAVE, NO LOVE

GROUNDS FOR MARRIAGE

HIGH BARBAREE

However I would hope the still-unreleased Bette Davis films such as DANGEROUS AND JUAREZ appear in one more non-Archive Warners box set!

> {quote:title=Web wrote:}{quote} The Hasty Heart has already been released on DVD as part of The Ronald Reagan Signature collection.

People looking for that or other titles which were only released in sets should check the independent sellers at amazon. Many times there are folks who break up sets and sell the titles as singles. I've picked up both THE HASTY HEART and SERGEANT RUTLEDGE (from a John Ford set) that way.

Thanks to everyone who has responded so far--those are some great suggestions!

I, too, hope to see more silent films, but I don't even know which of those are available in decent prints.

For the most part, though, I'm assuming that any old Warners, MGM or RKO film that has a print good enough to be shown on TCM is fair game for the Archives. (I still can't get over titles like Sweet Kitty Bellairs being included in the Archives series!)

> {quote:title=HollywoodGolightly wrote:}{quote}

> I remember watching The Wild North on TCM. I may even have recorded it, but I'd be mighty tempted to buy it if they released it through the Warner Archives - Granger and Charisse seemed to have pretty good chemistry there, imho.

I remember watching it late one night back in July, when they had Stewart Granger as SOTM. It's OK, but there's not enough of Charisse in it.