Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Reactions to May 2010 schedule?

In a few more minutes, it will be midnight in the East coast and hopefully then, the TCM schedule for May 2010 will go up in the main website - and it won't be a second too soon for those who've been waiting for it for a couple of weeks now.

http://www.tcm.com/schedule/month/?cid=N&timezone=PST&oid=5/1/2010

So, assuming that goes as usual, who'd like to share their reactions to the May 2010 schedule? What's the biggest surprise or biggest disappointment for you? Anything you've been looking forward for a long time that is finally on the schedule for the first time?

Share your thoughts!

I think you might be hoping a little too much. The link is the same, so if we haven't been able to see it so far, we likely won't in a few minutes. At least a couple of times in years past, the "official" third month schedule still didn't work well past the first of the month.

Sorry Holly, it looks like they're making us sweat it out. The last film on the February schedule is at 2:45 am and the first on the March schedule is 4:30 am eastern time. So either the computer is going to kick March over as the current month and add May at 4:30am or maybe wait until the start of TCM's "broadcast day" at 6am. Either way I'm not about to wait up for it.

With all this buildup just for a schedule, I worry that some posters may be setting themselves up for disappointment if the May schedule doesn't knock their socks off with lots of goodies.

There have been some very valid sounding reasons posted here for the delay in the schedule.

I just hope posters aren't disappointed because at this point it's beginning to sound like if it isn't the best schedule ever for some, a lot of people will be posting their disappointment.

And is it fair to put that much pressure on any one schedule?

Schedule's still not up - HOWEVER, I just learned from another website that TCM is going to be showing the world broadcast premiere of the documentary The Eastwood Factor on May 31.

That day also happens to be Clint Eastwood's 80th birthday.

Since Clint made so many of his movies at WB, it's possible that TCM will do more than a 1-day tribute to him - possibly even honor him as Star of the Month, or just give him a month-long showcase.

I just checked the schedule and there's listings! I'm so excited. I can't wait to see this one: *Acai Berry ? EXPOSED.* Sounds suspenseful: "Health Reporter Discovers the Shocking Truth About Acai Berry." Was that a Curtiz film?

> {quote:title=Web wrote:}{quote}

> I just checked the schedule and there's listings! I'm so excited. I can't wait to see this one: *Acai Berry EXPOSED.* Sounds suspenseful: "Health Reporter Discovers the Shocking Truth About Acai Berry." Was that a Curtiz film?

LOL! That was a good one!

> {quote:title=JarrodMcDonald wrote:}{quote}

> It's up now, as of 1 p.m. in Arizona...I'll be back later to discuss it. Enjoy!

It can't be up in Arizona and not up everywhere else.

Archived