Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
HollywoodGolightly

Reactions to May 2010 schedule?

*It can't be up in Arizona and not up everywhere else.*

Fred's right, if the schedule was posted we would all be able to see it. It's not posted by time zones.

I think Jarrod may have clicked on another month's schedule by mistake or he may be pulling our leg.

Or he has secret powers.......

It looks like a month-long tribute to THE INVISIBLE MAN to me.

Here's the link where I found the May schedule:

http://www.tcm.com/schedule/index.jsp?startDate=08/05/2008&timezone=PST&cid=N

You will see three tabs across the top, for March, April, then May. You can go to May 1st and start checking out the schedule.

I'm sure everyone can do that.

P.S. I just clicked on it, and all it says is there's some industrial short film about Tupperware. Now I understand what you all were saying! LOL

Edited by: JarrodMcDonald on Mar 1, 2010 6:45 PM

> {quote:title=JarrodMcDonald wrote:}{quote}

> P.S. I just clicked on it, and all it says is there's some industrial short film about Tupperware. Now I understand what you all were saying! LOL

>

I've been getting that screen since about midnight, LOL!

So I wonder what the hold up is. Is the May schedule so awesome that they are making us wait to build up our anticipation? Or maybe it's so bad they are embarrassed to show it to us.

Although I am guessing more likely there is some glitch in the system. :)

*I would hope our Congress a few items that are higher in their agenda...* - HG

Raising money? Investigating the college football Bowl Championship Series? Declaring a National Third-**** Day?

> {quote:title=JarrodMcDonald wrote:}{quote}

> Maybe they are finalizing a deal to show SOME LIKE IT HOT each week, and once that goes through, the schedule will be ready.

Or STALAG 17.

At some point early this morning (I foget what time it was), if you clicked on "Full Schedule" and then picked the "View and Print: month after" a schedule came up. My heart leapt! But then I noticed that it was the April schedule, the same that came up if you chose "View and Print: next month."

Although I've never seen what I'd call a 'bad' schedule on TCM, I'm not getting my hopes up -- the reason for the delay may be a technical glitch: they phoned in it and the answering machine's tape was full.

> {quote:title=PrinceSaliano wrote:}{quote}

> > {quote:title=JarrodMcDonald wrote:}{quote}

> > Maybe they are finalizing a deal to show SOME LIKE IT HOT each week, and once that goes through, the schedule will be ready.

> Or STALAG 17.

I just hope *Father of the Bride* will run a few times....they never run it! ;)

If it's any consolation to the hockey fans out there,

the Canadian Schedule doesn't have any May listings either!

Just that old international favorite: "Wonderful World of Tupperware"

I have been pulling the 3rd month out schedule on the first of every month for many years. It has always been posted by the morning of the first of any month, whether on the weekend or not. This is the FIRST time I have found no posting....except for 3 commercial ads. It's always impossible to actually speak to anyone at TCM and they have never responded to my emails. Perhaps they're going to eliminate the schedule and force everyone to order their magazine (which I get, by the way, but I like seeing what's coming well in advance).

chuckju

As noted in this thread and others, the programmers are super busy right now not only with the regular programming but also all the programming for the Film Festival.

They appear to be running a tad behind on posting the May schedule. I have no doubt it will be posted, we just have to be patient this month.

With all due respect, can it really be true that they can't work on both the regular schedule and the festival at the same time? I understand this is a premiere event and lots of effort is required to make it a success, with hopes it might become an annual event. But why no division of labor? Just curious.

Since it's a very select few who can afford to attend the festival, and they're already committed, why not post a schedule? The attendees aren't going to cancel even if some of those films end up being shown later on the network, I would imagine. Seems like they may be catering to the festival audience rather than their faithful viewers which I feel would be a big mistake in the long run.

Well, put, BLG. As someone who lives more than a mere freeway exit

or two from La Cienega Boulevard, I'm not entirely thrilled (or impressed)

by the explanation that this festival must take priority over the eager

and devoted fans all over the continent who comprise the true TCM

family. How hard could a word of explanation be?

A little consideration, please?

> {quote:title=BelleLeGrand1 wrote:}{quote}

> Seems like they may be catering to the festival audience rather than their faithful viewers which I feel would be a big mistake in the long run.

I would agree with that, too. Hope they will at least let us know what's going on.

> {quote:title=BelleLeGrand1 wrote:}{quote}

> With all due respect, can it really be true that they can't work on both the regular schedule and the festival at the same time? I understand this is a premiere event and lots of effort is required to make it a success, with hopes it might become an annual event. But why no division of labor? Just curious.

>

> Since it's a very select few who can afford to attend the festival, and they're already committed, why not post a schedule? The attendees aren't going to cancel even if some of those films end up being shown later on the network, I would imagine. Seems like they may be catering to the festival audience rather than their faithful viewers which I feel would be a big mistake in the long run.

I'm sorry, but the first instinct is for me is to say, "Wha--?"

1. The festival will be here in April. The May schedule everyone is so eager for won't start playing until AFTER the festival. Which do you think takes more priority?

2. Charlie Tabesh is the TCM programmer and he is hard at work on the festival programming, too, as are many others at TCM. You don't seem to mind people working twice as long in a day just so you get your schedule. The heck with them having home lives, too. I'm eager to see the schedule, too, as I do every month, BUT come on, it isn't an obsession!

3. The film festival is a LOT more complicated than you would think. This isn't a case of the Bijou saying, "Hey, let's hold a three day festival. Call the film distributor and have them send us sixteen Three Stooges shorts while I go print off the flyer from my computer." The TCM people are in Atlanta. The festival is taking place in Los Angeles. Don't you think a whole lot of them are flying back and forth quite constantly as it gets closer and closer to make sure all the logistics are 100% perfect?

4. It sounds like you don't intend to attend. But there are a lot of us who will be going. Just because I am "committed" already, doesn't mean I want them sloughing off on the films they are getting for the festival, the guests who will be attending, the panels they are arranging, the hotel activities, the etc. etc. I bet if you were to win the sweepstakes they are holding now, you would suddenly become much more concerned about the festival being great than delivering another month's schedule to the board that some here are going to bemoan about anyway.

5. I don't know of any one person attending who is worried (or even cares) if a film that is at the festival will be on TCM in May. The people at the festival are going to see the films at a couple of Hollywood's most famous theaters! On a big screen! With someone likely connected to the film introducing it!

This is a once in a lifetime event. How often will one get a chance to see Luise Rainer in person? Let me print something here from a friend of mine in London. He wrote this in January: "We went to the NFT in London to see a special screening of 'The Good Earth' and 'The Great Waltz' to celebrate Luise Rainer's 100th birthday. She made a personal appearance and answered questions from the audience after the screening of 'The Good Earth'. She was totally amazing so animated and amusing and her memory was still so sharp as she recalled her MGM days and her early stage career. She seemed in excellent health and still looks so pretty. I didn't think she would stay for the second film but back she came and stayed to the very end of that film too. Needless to say we were all standing and cheering as she left and she waved and smiled and said goodbye- all very touching really. I have always loved 'The Good Earth' and have always been interested in the filming of 'The Great Waltz'- some stunning phiotography in that one. I managed to get a couple of good photo's of Luise Rainer so was well pleased with the whole afternoon."

I'm looking forward to such an event...VERY MUCH...when she is here! Try to get THAT from a TV showing of "The Good Earth."

6. People here are making seeing this May schedule their life's mission. You said, "Seems like they may be catering to the festival audience rather than their faithful viewers which I feel would be a big mistake in the long run." Umm, hello...the festival audience IS their faithful viewers! And how is trying to make the festival the best they can a big mistake in the long run? You don't get a schedule for two months in the future at the regular time, what's going to happen? I highly doubt you will stop watching. And how many people of the millions who watch TCM are sitting breathlessy, checking every hour on the hour to see if the May schedule is up. It's great to be enthusiastic, sure, but really...

...the schedule will be up when it is up.

And then you can start fretting about the June schedule.