Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
HollywoodGolightly

Reactions to May 2010 schedule?

It is true that the head of programming is pulling multiple jobs right now - preparing the Film Festival, the recently announced "roadshow" edition of the Film Festival that will take place in five cities across the country in April (Free Of Charge!) and the schedule for the channel.

TCM runs a very lean staff for a cable network. I don't know how many persons make up the "programming department" but the temporary "loss" of one (or two) persons to other projects could disrupt the smooth operation of the department and delay the announcement of an upcoming schedule.

We don't know what is planned for TCM in May 2010. It may be another month with a very elaborate schedule of special events/hosting. If it is "Race In Hollywood" month, there may be issues with securing the appropriate films and commentators. Perhaps TCM decided to move "Race In Hollywood" from May to June or July and had to create a "new" month of programming "from scratch". Or maybe TCM got lucky again and they've gotten unexpected access to a special group of films that they want to include on the May schedule. That's what happened last May when TCM was able to show the Sean Connery "James Bond" films. So it could be due to "problems" or due to "plusses." Who knows.

Perhaps delaying the announcement of the schedule two months out is TCM's way of putting an end to the complaints about titles removed from the schedule announced three months in advance. And we all have read those angry posts about films that were removed from the earliest announced schedules for unforeseen reasons. Maybe TCM isn't going to announce a schedule for the channel until they know it won't have to be changed for issues like "rights" or "undeliverablity".

But it definitely isn't a sign of disregard for the television audience. I would hope it is clear to everyone that TCM does not take their viewers for granted or treat their devotion to TCM lightly.

It is only March 2nd. If today was May 2nd and no May schedule had been announced yet, that would be something to be upset about.

Kyle In Hollywood

> {quote:title=hlywdkjk wrote:}{quote}

> It is true that the head of programming is pulling multiple jobs right now - preparing the Film Festival, the recently announced "roadshow" edition of the Film Festival that will take place in five cities across the country in April (Free Of Charge!) and the schedule for the channel.

>

By the way, thanks for mentioning the free screenings TCM is organizing in the five cities. I posted the information both here and in the CFU; there were some positive reactions over at the CFU, but here, only you have commented on it.

In case anyone missed it, here is the thread with the announcement:

http://forums.tcm.com/jive/tcm/thread.jspa?threadID=151567&tstart=0

filmlover,

I agree with much of what you said but take great exception to this statement:

"Umm, hello...the festival audience IS their faithful viewers!"

I live in Michigan where the economy has hit harder than anywhere else in the USA. I LOVE TCM and classic movies, but do not have the money or the means to get to Los Angeles for this festival. I know I am not alone in this situation.

I am anxious to see the May schedule but am willing to be patient.

I am as big a TCM and Classic Movie Fan as anybody!

> {quote:title=classicmoviefan09 wrote:}{quote}

> filmlover,

>

> I agree with much of what you said but take great exception to this statement:

>

> "Umm, hello...the festival audience IS their faithful viewers!"

>

> I live in Michigan where the economy has hit harder than anywhere else in the USA. I LOVE TCM and classic movies, but do not have the money or the means to get to Los Angeles for this festival. I know I am not alone in this situation.

What I was trying to say is that it is the fan of TCM that is coming out to see this festival. I don't see Joe Blow wandering in off the street, "Here's $499. Give me a pass." This festival is catering to the TCM fan. The classic movie fan who wants to be able to talk to the great old stars (when possible), see Robert Osborne in person, meet the TCM staff, etc.

The site for the "Road To Hollywood" Festival taking place across the country (and where one can download a free ticket) can be found here -

http://www.tcm.com/roadtohollywood/

I hope 'classicmoviefan09' can get to Chicago and see *North By Northwest* with Robert Osborne and Eva Marie Saint - For FREE!

Kyle In Hollywood

And don't forget to enter the sweepstakes for a FREE trip to LA for the Festival!

http://www.tcm.com/festival/

Edited by: hlywdkjk on Mar 2, 2010 8:04 PM

Hey HollywoodGolightly while you wait for the May 2010 schedule can you handle this one:

Can you connect Susan Hayward with Luis Bu?uel in two steps?

> {quote:title=jcbjcb wrote:}{quote}

> Hey HollywoodGolightly while you wait for the May 2010 schedule can you handle this one:

>

> Can you connect Susan Hayward with Luis Bu?uel in two steps?

Susan Hayward was in Tulsa with Pedro Armend?riz

Pedro Armend?riz was in El Bruto, directed by Luis Bu?uel

And a Whaa? back to you.

I merely asked a question about why/how the work on the festival had any connection to the scheduling issue since I'm not privy to the inner workings of TCM. It just seemed unlikely that TCM would have their regular scheduling people working on both projects.

Did you completely bypass my second sentence? Where did I suggest that anyone should work overtime or not have a life? As for the condescending attitude displayed in your third talking point, I highly resent your implication that I couldn't possibly comprehend what goes into such a monumental undertaking. And I'm sorry you think I'm not entitled to an opinion (point number 6). Oh, and I'm not losing sleep wondering when the schedule is coming out. In fact, I'd be happier if they used this opportunity to shorten the lead time, since they rarely stay the same three months out anyway.

Just consider yourself fortunate that you can afford/live close enough/can find the time to attend the festival and have a great time.

Thank you for your reasoned post. It's very helpful and informative. I agree that the schedule is probably submitted too far in advance anyway.

Sorry I haven't read all of the posts in all of the threads, but has anyone posited that maybe the May schedule will be up once "31 Days of Oscar" is over? Just wishful thinking, perhaps, but better than complaining.

I never understood why the schedule was posted so far in advance, especially since unwelcome changes are made by the time the month rolls around. But everybody got used to it. I've a feeling the practice is being discontinued.

Forgive me for being out-of-step, but I love the fact that's it's "late."

Usually, when a new schedule comes out, there might be one or two movies that excite me. The rest of the good ones I've either seen recently or their appearance in the schedule reminds me that I've haven't watched it lately and so I pop in the DVD. (This month is a very rare exception -- *Kurosawa* !! !! !! !! !! !!)

If May's schedule had been 'on time,' it surely would have been anti-climatic. Seeing all the people here running around like chickens with their heads cut off has been far more amusing.

> {quote:title=Capuchin wrote:}{quote}

> If May's schedule had been 'on time,' it surely would have been anti-climatic. Seeing all the people here running around like chickens with their heads cut off has been far more amusing.

If you really want to read a "Chicken Little" reaction, check out this blog at the Classic Film Union:

http://fan.tcm.com/_TCMs-May-Schedule/blog/1929445/66470.html

Someone wrote in the comments that they were afraid maybe the TCM Film Festival was TCM's farewell bash and that the channel was going to go away at the end of April.

> {quote:title=HollywoodGolightly wrote:}{quote}

> >

> Someone wrote in the comments that they were afraid maybe the TCM Film Festival was TCM's farewell bash and that the channel was going to go away at the end of April.

>

Now you're REALLY beginning to scare me!

I doubt very much it could be something like that. Of course, nothing's outside the realm of the possible during a tough economic crisis. But more than likely, they're just working extra hard on the upcoming schedule.

>Someone wrote in the comments that they were afraid maybe the TCM Film Festival was TCM's farewell bash and that the channel was going to go away at the end of April.

I wondered how long it would take for that to come up.

> {quote:title=movieman1957 wrote:}{quote}

> >Someone wrote in the comments that they were afraid maybe the TCM Film Festival was TCM's farewell bash and that the channel was going to go away at the end of April.

>

> I wondered how long it would take for that to come up.

Actually, the world is going to come to an end at the end of April and only TCM knows it. Shhhh! Don't tell anybody!

> {quote:title=karlofffan wrote:}{quote}

> > {quote:title=movieman1957 wrote:}{quote}

> > >Someone wrote in the comments that they were afraid maybe the TCM Film Festival was TCM's farewell bash and that the channel was going to go away at the end of April.

> >

> > I wondered how long it would take for that to come up.

>

> Actually, the world is going to come to an end at the end of April and only TCM knows it. Shhhh! Don't tell anybody!

>

Hey, if TCM goes away, what else is there?

> {quote:title=musicalnovelty wrote:}{quote}

> Hey, if TCM goes away, what else is there?

Oh, don't even go there! I'll get a nightmare!

I very much doubt TCM is going off the air as a matter of fact they have the whole years schedule for The Essentials so it doessn't seem likely at all. I don't understand why the May schedule is not up yet. maybe they are havig contractual problems with some of the airings. Hopefully they are getting the paramount and Universal films going. Maybe to make up for it they will put June up with it.

Let's try this again... ;)

http://www.tcm.com/schedule/month/?cid=&oid=5/1/2010

*Schedule May 2010*

_All Times Eastern_

*_Saturday, May 1_*

*Annabel Takes A Tour* (1938) 6am

A movie star on tour gets thrown into a variety of wacky publicity stunts. Cast: Lucille Ball, Jack Oakie, Ruth Donnelly. Dir: Lew Landers. BW-67 mins, TV-G, CC

*Andy Hardy Comes Home* (1958) 7:30am

In a sequel to the popular film series, Andy Hardy returns to Carvel to negotiate a land deal. Cast: Mickey Rooney, Fay Holden, Cecilia Parker. Dir: Howard W. Koch. BW-80 mins, TV-G, CC

*Never Give A Sucker An Even Break* (1941) 9:00am

A filmmaker tries to sell a script about con artists taking on the Russian millionaires of Mexico. Cast: W.C. Fields, Gloria Jean, Leon Errol. Dir: Edward Cline. BW-71 mins, TV-PG

*Angels Alley* (1948) 10:30am

An ex-con cousin of one of the Bowery Boys gets them into trouble with the law. Cast: Leo Gorcey, Huntz Hall, Frankie Darro. Dir: William Beaudine. BW-68 mins,

*Sergeants 3* (1962) 12:00pm

Three adventurous Cavalry officers and their bugler take on a renegade chief. Cast: Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis, Jr. Dir: John Sturges. C-113 mins, TV-PG, CC, Letterbox Format

*The Sons of Katie Elder* (1965) 2:00pm

A ranch-owner's four sons vow to avenge their father's death. Cast: John Wayne, Dean Martin, Martha Hyer. Dir: Henry Hathaway. C-122 mins, TV-14, CC, Letterbox Format

*My Darling Clementine* (1946) 4:15pm

When the Clantons steal his family's cattle and kill his brother, Wyatt Earp signs on as sheriff of Tombstone and vows to bring them in. Cast: Henry Fonda, Victor Mature, Walter Brennan. Dir: John Ford. BW-97 mins, TV-PG, CC, Letterbox Format

*Back From Eternity* (1956) 6:00pm

When an airliner crashes in the jungle, the repaired plane can only hold five of the survivors. Cast: Robert Ryan, Anita Ekberg, Rod Steiger. Dir: John Farrow. BW-97 mins, TV-PG, CC

*A Foreign Affair* (1948) 8:00pm

A prim Congresswoman gets caught up in the romantic decadence of post-war Germany. Cast: Marlene Dietrich, Jean Arthur, John Lund. Dir: Billy Wilder. BW-112 mins, TV-PG

*Some Like It Hot* (1959) 10:15pm

Two musicians on the run from gangsters masquerade as members of an all-girl band. Cast: Jack Lemmon, Marilyn Monroe, Tony Curtis. Dir: Billy Wilder. BW-121 mins, TV-PG, CC, Letterbox Format

*The Fortune Cookie* (1966) 12:30am

A crooked lawyer trumps up an insurance case for a cameraman injured at a pro football game. Cast: Jack Lemmon, Walter Matthau, Cliff Osmond. Dir: Billy Wilder. BW-126 mins, TV-PG, CC, Letterbox Format

*The Major and the Minor* (1942) 2:45am

A woman disguises herself as a little girl and ends up in a military academy. Cast: Ginger Rogers, Ray Milland, Diana Lynn. Dir: Billy Wilder. BW-100 mins, TV-G

*Billy Wilder Speaks* (2006) 4:30am

TCM original documentary on prolific director, writer and producer Billy Wilder. BW-71 mins, TV-MA, CC

*_Sunday, May 2_*

*Les Girls* (1957) 6:00am

Three showgirls recall different versions of their time together touring Europe. Cast: Gene Kelly, Mitzi Gaynor, Kay Kendall. Dir: George Cukor. C-114 mins, TV-PG, CC, Letterbox Format

*Without Reservations* (1946) 8:00am

A woman writer falls for a war hero who's a perfect match for the hero of her latest novel. Cast: Claudette Colbert, John Wayne, Don DeFore. Dir: Mervyn LeRoy. BW-101 mins, TV-PG, CC

*Goodbye Mr. Chips* (1939) 10:00am

A cold-hearted teacher becomes the school favorite when he's thawed by a beautiful young woman. Cast: Robert Donat, Greer Garson, Paul Henreid. Dir: Sam Wood. BW-114 mins, TV-PG, CC, DVS

*Mr. Lucky* (1943) 12:00pm

A gambling-ship owner is out to fleece a beautiful society woman, but falls in love. Cast: Cary Grant, Laraine Day, Charles Bickford. Dir: H.C. Potter. BW-100 mins, TV-G, CC

*Yours, Mine And Ours* (1968) 2:00pm

A widow with eight children marries a widower with ten, then gets pregnant. Cast: Lucille Ball, Henry Fonda, Van Johnson. Dir: Melville Shavelson. C-111 mins, TV-PG, CC, Letterbox Format

*The Black Swan* (1942) 4:00pm

When he's named governor of Jamaica, a former pirate sets out to clean up the Caribbean. Cast: Tyrone Power, Maureen O'Hara, Anthony Quinn. Dir: Henry King. C-85 mins, TV-PG

*Close Encounters Of The Third Kind* (1977) 5:30pm

A blue-collar worker's encounter with a UFO leaves him a changed man. Cast: Richard Dreyfuss, Francois Truffaut, Teri Garr. Dir: Steven Spielberg. C-137 mins, TV-MA, CC

*Dragonwyck* (1946) 8:00pm

A farm girl signs on as governess in a gloomy mansion. Cast: Gene Tierney, Walter Huston, Vincent Price. Dir: Joseph L. Mankiewicz. BW-103 mins, TV-14, CC

*All This, And Heaven Too* (1940) 10:00pm

A French nobleman falls in love with his children's governess. Cast: Bette Davis, Charles Boyer, Barbara O'Neil. Dir: Anatole Litvak. BW-143 mins, TV-PG, CC, DVS

*Captain Salvation* (1927) 12:30am

In this silent film, a divinity student risks his future to help a prostitute. Cast: Lars Hanson, Pauline Starke, Ernest Torrence. Dir: John S. Robertson. BW-87 mins, TV-G

*Anna Christie (German)* (1930) 2:00am

German-language adaptation of Eugene O'Neill's classic about a romantic streetwalker in love with a shipwrecked sailor. Cast: Greta Garbo, Salka Viertel. Dir: Jacques Feyder. BW-85 mins, TV-PG

*Garbo* (2005) 3:30am

Documentary that explores the life and career of screen legend Greta Garbo. BW-86 mins, TV-PG, CC

*The Single Standard* (1929) 5:00am

In this silent film, a free-spirited debutante tries to prove that women can love as carelessly as men. Cast: Greta Garbo, Nils Asther, John Mack Brown. Dir: John S. Robertson. BW-71 mins, TV-PG

*_Monday, May 3_*

*Beau Brummel* (1924) 6:15am

In this silent film, the legendary dandy takes on British society to court a lady above his station. Cast: John Barrymore, Mary Astor, Willard Louis. Dir: Harry Beaumont. BW-128 mins, TV-G

*The Runaway Bride* (1930) 8:30am

A criminal gang goes after the jewels their dying leader stashed in a woman's handbag. Cast: Mary Astor, Lloyd Hughes, David Newell. Dir: Donald Crisp. BW-66 mins, TV-G

*The Sin Ship* (1931) 9:45am

A ship's captain fights to protect a female passenger from his crew. Cast: Louis Wolheim, Mary Astor, Ian Keith. Dir: Louis Wolheim. BW-65 mins, TV-G

*Smart Woman* (1931) 11:00am

A woman plots to make her cheating husband jealous. Cast: Mary Astor, Robert Ames, Edward Everett Horton. Dir: Gregory La Cava. BW-68 mins, TV-G

*Dinky* (1935) 12:15pm

A military school cadet's mother is framed and sent to prison. Cast: Jackie Cooper, Mary Astor, Roger Pryor. Dir: D. Ross Lederman. BW-65 mins, TV-G

*Woman Against Woman* (1938) 1:30pm

A divorcee decides she wants her husband back after he's re-married. Cast: Mary Astor, Herbert Marshall, Virginia Bruce. Dir: Robert Sinclair. BW-61 mins, TV-PG

*There's Always a Woman* (1938) 2:45pm

While working on a simple case, married private eyes uncover a murder. Cast: Joan Blondell, Melvyn Douglas, Mary Astor. Dir: Alexander Hall. BW-81 mins, TV-G

*Midnight* (1939) 4:15pm

An unemployed showgirl poses as Hungarian royalty to infiltrate Parisian society. Cast: Claudette Colbert, Don Ameche, John Barrymore. Dir: Mitchell Leisen. BW-94 mins, TV-G

*The Great Lie* (1941) 6:00pm

Believing her husband to be dead, a flyer's wife bargains with his former love to adopt the woman's baby. Cast: Bette Davis, Mary Astor, George Brent. Dir: Edmund Goulding. BW-108 mins, TV-PG, CC

*Can't Help Singing* (1944) 8:00pm

A senator's daughter follows her boyfriend in the days of the California gold rush. Cast: Deanna Durbin, Robert Paige, Akim Tamiroff. Dir: Frank Ryan. C-90 mins,

*Moon Over Miami* (1941) 9:45pm

Two sisters from Texas travel to Florida looking for rich husbands. Cast: Don Ameche, Betty Grable, Robert Cummings. Dir: Walter Lang. C-91 mins,

*Cover Girl* (1944) 11:30pm

A nightclub dancer makes it big in modeling, leaving her dancer boyfriend behind. Cast: Gene Kelly, Rita Hayworth, Phil Silvers. Dir: Charles Vidor. C-107 mins, TV-G

*The Harvey Girls* (1946) 1:30am

Straitlaced waitresses battle saloon girls to win the West for domesticity. Cast: Judy Garland, John Hodiak, Angela Lansbury. Dir: George Sidney. C-101 mins, TV-G, CC, DVS

*Oklahoma!* (1955) 3:30am

Pride and a lecherous ranch hand stand between an amorous cowboy and his farm girl sweetheart. Cast: Shirley Jones, Gordon MacRae, Rod Steiger. Dir: Fred Zinnemann. C-140 mins, TV-PG, CC, Letterbox Format

*_Tuesday, May 4_*

*Suzy* (1936) 6:00am

A French air ace discovers that his showgirl wife's first husband is still alive. Cast: Jean Harlow, Cary Grant, Franchot Tone. Dir: George Fitzmaurice. BW-93 mins, TV-G, CC

*The Three Musketeers* (1935) 8:00am

Alexandre Dumas's classic swashbuckler about a young guardsman fighting for the queen's honor. Cast: Walter Abel, Paul Lukas, Margot Grahame. Dir: Rowland V. Lee. BW-96 mins, TV-G, CC

*Oil For The Lamps Of China* (1935) 10:00am

An American oil company representative almost sacrifices his marriage for his career. Cast: Pat O'Brien, Josephine Hutchinson, Jean Muir. Dir: Mervyn LeRoy. BW-97 mins, TV-G

*The White Angel* (1936) 12:00pm

In this true story, Florence Nightingale defies military leaders to organize humanitarian nursing services during the Crimean War. Cast: Kay Francis, Ian Hunter, Donald Woods. Dir: William Dieterle. BW-92 mins, TV-G, CC

*Green Mansions* (1959) 2:00pm

A young adventurer falls in love with a mystical woman in the South American jungle. Cast: Audrey Hepburn, Anthony Perkins, Lee J. Cobb. Dir: Mel Ferrer. C-104 mins, TV-PG, Letterbox Format

*Roman Holiday* (1953) 4:00pm

A runaway princess in Rome finds love with a reporter who knows her true identity. Cast: Gregory Peck, Audrey Hepburn, Eddie Albert. Dir: William Wyler. BW-118 mins, TV-G, CC

*Breakfast At Tiffany's* (1961) 6:00pm

A young writer gets caught up in a party girl's carefree existence. Cast: Audrey Hepburn, George Peppard, Patricia Neal. Dir: Blake Edwards. BW-115 mins, TV-G, CC, Letterbox Format

*Stagecoach* (1939) 8:00pm

A group of disparate passengers battle personal demons and each other while racing through Indian country. Cast: John Wayne, Claire Trevor, George Bancroft. Dir: John Ford. BW-96 mins, TV-G, CC

*The Searchers* (1956) 10:00pm

An Indian-hating Civil War veteran tracks down the tribe that slaughtered his family and kidnapped his niece. Cast: John Wayne, Jeffrey Hunter, Natalie Wood. Dir: John Ford. C-119 mins, TV-PG

*Cheyenne Autumn* (1964) 12:15am

A reluctant calvary Captain must track a defiant tribe of migrating Cheyennes. Cast: Richard Widmark, Carroll Baker, Karl Malden. Dir: John Ford. C-156 mins, TV-G, Letterbox Format

*Fort Apache* (1948) 3:00am

An experienced cavalry officer tries to keep his new, by-the-books commander from triggering an Indian war. Cast: John Wayne, Henry Fonda, Shirley Temple. Dir: John Ford. BW-128 mins, TV-PG, CC, DVS

*MGM Parade Show #24* (1955) 5:15am

Judy Garland and Mickey Rooney perform in a clip from "Strike Up the Band"; John Gilbert and Renee Adoree perform in a clip from "The Big Parade." Hosted by George Murphy. BW-25 mins, TV-G

*_Wednesday May 5_*

*Marie Antoinette* (1938) 6:00am

Lavish biography of the French queen who "let them eat cake." Cast: Norma Shearer, Tyrone Power, Robert Morley. Dir: W.S. Van Dyke II. BW-157 mins, TV-G, CC

*Break of Hearts* (1935) 8:45am

An unknown composer tries to save the conductor she loves from his drinking problem. Cast: Katharine Hepburn, Charles Boyer, John Beal. Dir: Philip Moeller. BW-78 mins, TV-G, CC

*Night Song* (1948) 10:15am

A socialite pretends to be blind to win the love of a blind concert pianist. Cast: Dana Andrews, Merle Oberon, Ethel Barrymore. Dir: John Cromwell. BW-102 mins, TV-G, CC

*The Hucksters* (1947) 12:00pm

A war veteran fights for honesty in the advertising game. Cast: Clark Gable, Deborah Kerr, Ava Gardner. Dir: Jack Conway. BW-116 mins, TV-PG, CC

*So Well Remembered* (1947) 2:00pm

A mill-owner's ambitious daughter almost ruins her husband's political career. Cast: John Mills, Martha Scott, Trevor Howard. Dir: Edward Dmytryk. BW-115 mins, TV-G, CC

*The Bribe* (1949) 4:00pm

A sultry singer tries to tempt a federal agent from the straight-and-narrow. Cast: Robert Taylor, Ava Gardner, Charles Laughton. Dir: Robert Z. Leonard. BW-98 mins, TV-PG, CC

*In Our Time* (1944) 6:00pm

A Polish count and his English wife battle Nazi invaders. Cast: Ida Lupino, Paul Henreid, Alla Nazimova. Dir: Vincent Sherman. BW-111 mins, TV-PG, CC

*Shadow Of The Thin Man* (1941) 8:00pm

High society sleuths Nick and Nora Charles run into a variety of shady characters while investigating a race-track murder. Cast: William Powell, Myrna Loy, Donna Reed. Dir: W.S. Van Dyke II. BW-97 mins, TV-G, CC

*The Courtship Of Andy Hardy* (1942) 9:45pm

A teenager dates a girl whose parents' divorce is being decided by his father. Cast: Mickey Rooney, Lewis Stone, Donna Reed. Dir: George B. Seitz. BW-95 mins, TV-G, CC

*Calling Dr. Gillespie* (1942) 11:30pm

A wheelchair-bound doctor fights off a homicidal maniac. Cast: Lionel Barrymore, Philip Dorn, Donna Reed. Dir: Harold S. Bucquet. BW-84 mins, TV-G

*Dr. Gillespie's Criminal Case* (1943) 1:00am

A wheelchair-bound doctor tries to prove a convicted killer's innocence. Cast: Lionel Barrymore, Van Johnson, Donna Reed. Dir: Willis Goldbeck. BW-89 mins, TV-PG

*Babes on Broadway* (1941) 2:45am

Show-biz hopefuls stage a benefit for an orphanage. Cast: Judy Garland, Mickey Rooney, Virginia Weidler. Dir: Busby Berkeley. BW-118 mins, TV-PG, CC

*The Human Comedy* (1943) 5:00am

A small-town telegraph boy deals with the strains of growing up during World War II. Cast: Mickey Rooney, Frank Morgan, James Craig. Dir: Clarence Brown. BW-117 mins, TV-PG, CC

*_Thursday, May 6_*

*The Bugle Sounds* (1942) 7:00am

An old-time cavalry sergeant's resistance to change could cost him his post. Cast: Wallace Beery, Marjorie Main, Lewis Stone. Dir: S. Sylvan Simon. BW-102 mins, TV-G, CC

*Apache Trail* (1942) 8:45am

An outlaw and his brother are on opposite sides of a stagecoach robbery. Cast: Lloyd Nolan, Donna Reed, William Lundigan. Dir: Richard Thorpe. BW-66 mins, TV-G

*Gentle Annie* (1944) 10:00am

A frontierswoman turns her family into a band of bank robbers. Cast: Donna Reed, Marjorie Main, Henry Morgan. Dir: Andrew Marton. BW-80 mins, TV-G, CC

*Journey Into Fear* (1942) 11:30am

A munitions expert gets mixed up with gunrunners in Turkey. Cast: Joseph Cotten, Orson Welles, Dolores del Rio. Dir: Norman Foster. BW-68 mins, TV-PG, CC

*The Tartars* (1961) 12:45pm

A barbarian army attacks Viking settlements along the Russian steppes. Cast: Orson Welles, Victor Mature, Folco Lulli. Dir: Richard Thorpe. C-83 mins, TV-PG, CC, Letterbox Format

*The Stranger* (1946) 12:45pm

A small-town schoolteacher suspects her new husband may be an escaped Nazi war criminal. Cast: Edward G. Robinson, Orson Welles, Loretta Young. Dir: Orson Welles. BW-95 mins, TV-PG

*The Third Man* (1949) 4:00pm

A man's investigation of a friend's death uncovers corruption in post-World War II Vienna. Cast: Joseph Cotten, Orson Welles, Alida Valli. Dir: Carol Reed. BW-104 mins, TV-14, CC

*Citizen Kane* (1941) 5:45pm

The investigation of a publishing tycoon's dying words reveals conflicting stories about his scandalous life. Cast: Orson Welles, Joseph Cotten, Agnes Moorehead. Dir: Orson Welles. BW-120 mins, TV-PG, CC, DVS

*The Outsider* (1962) 8:00pm

A Native veteran who helped raise the flag at Iwo Jima suffers from survivor's guilt. Cast: Tony Curtis, James Franciscus, Gregory Walcott. Dir: Delbert Mann. BW-108 mins,

*Walk The Proud Land* (1956) 10:00pm

A government agent tries to treat the Apaches with respect. Cast: Audie Murphy, Anne Bancroft, Pat Crowley. Dir: Jesse Hibbs. C-89 mins,

*The Far Horizons* (1955) 12:00am

Romanticized version of Lewis and Clarks voyage of discovery through the American West. Cast: Fred MacMurray, Charlton Heston, Donna Reed. Dir: Rudolph Mat. C-108 mins, TV-PG, CC, Letterbox Format

*Apache* (1954) 2:00am

Refusing to accept peace, a renegade leads a one-man war against the U.S. Cavalry. Cast: Burt Lancaster, Jean Peters, Charles Bronson. Dir: Robert Aldrich. C-87 mins, TV-PG, CC

*Navajo Joe* (1967) 3:45am

An Indian takes vengeance on the outlaw band that killed his tribe. Cast: Burt Reynolds, Nicholetta Machiavelli, Fernando Rey. Dir: Sergio Corbucci. C-92 mins, TV-14, Letterbox Format

*Stay Away Joe* (1968) 5:30am

A young Indian tries to save his failing reservation by selling grazing rights to a corrupt tycoon. Cast: Elvis Presley, Burgess Meredith, Joan Blondell. Dir: Peter Tewksbury. BW-101 mins, TV-PG, CC, Letterbox Format

*_Friday, May 7_*

*It's A Big Country* (1951) 7:15am

Seven stories celebrate the glorious diversity of American life. Cast: Ethel Barrymore, Van Johnson, Gene Kelly. Dir: Richard Thorpe, Don Weis, John Sturges, Don Hartman, William A. Wellman, BW-89 mins, TV-PG, CC

*Man Of The West* (1958) 9:00am

A reformed outlaw is among the hostages when his former colleagues rob a train. Cast: Gary Cooper, Lee J. Cobb, Julie London. Dir: Anthony Mann. C-99 mins, TV-PG, CC, Letterbox Format

*Meet John Doe* (1941) 10:45am

A reporter's fraudulent story turns a tramp into a national hero and makes him a pawn of big business. Cast: Gary Cooper, Barbara Stanwyck, Edward Arnold. Dir: Frank Capra. BW-122 mins, TV-G, CC, DVS

*Sergeant York* (1941) 1:00pm

True story of the farm boy who made the transition from religious pacifist to World War I hero. Cast: Gary Cooper, Walter Brennan, Margaret Wycherly. Dir: Howard Hawks. BW-134 mins, TV-G, CC, DVS

*Mr. Deeds Goes to Town* (1936) 3:30pm

When he inherits a fortune, a small-town poet has to deal with the corruption of city life. Cast: Gary Cooper, Jean Arthur, Lionel Stander. Dir: Frank Capra. BW-116 mins, TV-G, CC

*The Fountainhead* (1949) 5:30pm

An idealistic architect battles corrupt business interests and his love for a married woman. Cast: Gary Cooper, Patricia Neal, Raymond Massey. Dir: King Vidor. BW-113 mins, TV-PG, CC, DVS

*MGM Parade Show #24* (1955) 7:30pm

Judy Garland and Mickey Rooney perform in a clip from "Strike Up the Band"; John Gilbert and Renee Adoree perform in a clip from "The Big Parade." Hosted by George Murphy. BW-25 mins, TV-G

*The Sound Barrier* (1952) 8:00pm

A veteran pilot marries into a family in the aviation business. Cast: Ralph Richardson, Ann Todd, Nigel Patrick. Dir: David Lean. BW-118 mins,

*Doctor Zhivago* (1965) 10:00pm

Illicit lovers fight to stay together during the turbulent years of the Russian Revolution. Cast: Omar Sharif, Julie Christie, Rod Steiger. Dir: David Lean. C-200 mins, TV-PG, CC, Letterbox Format, DVS

*Zaat* (1972) 2:00am

A mad scientist transforms himself into an aquatic killer. Cast: Marshall Grauer, Wade Popwell, Paul Galloway. Dir: Don Barton. C-99 mins, TV-14

*Tentacles* (1977) 3:45am

A giant octopus attacks a seaside resort. Cast: John Huston, Shelley Winters, Henry Fonda. Dir: Ovidio G. Assonitis. C-102 mins,

*Short Film: Duck and Cover* (1951) 5:30am

A monkey's prank on a turtle demonstrates how to survive a nuclear attack. Cast: Leo M. Langlois, Ray J. Mauer, Robert Middleton. Dir: Anthony Rizzo. BW-9 mins,

*_Saturday, May 8_*

*Jewel Robbery* (1932) 6:00am

A jewel thief falls for a tycoon's wife in Vienna. Cast: William Powell, Kay Francis, Hardie Albright. Dir: William Dieterle. BW-68 mins, TV-G

*The Kennel Murder Case* (1933) 7:30am

Society sleuth Philo Vance investigates a murder tied to a Long Island dog show. Cast: William Powell, Mary Astor, Eugene Pallette. Dir: Michael Curtiz. BW-73 mins, TV-G, CC

*The Lady From Shanghai* (1948) 9:00am

A romantic drifter gets caught between a corrupt tycoon and his voluptuous wife. Cast: Rita Hayworth, Orson Welles, Everett Sloane. Dir: Orson Welles. BW-87 mins, TV-PG, CC

*Jinx Money* (1948) 10:30am

The Bowery Boys find a dead gangster's loot-and the mob out to get it back. Cast: Leo Gorcey, Huntz Hall, Sheldon Leonard. Dir: William Beaudine. BW-68 mins,

*King Kong* (1933) 12:00pm

A film crew discovers the "eighth wonder of the world," a giant prehistoric ape, and brings him back to New York, where he wreaks havoc. Cast: Fay Wray, Robert Armstrong, Bruce Cabot. Dir: Merian C. Cooper, Ernest B. Schoedsack. BW-105 mins, TV-PG, CC, DVS

*The Story of G.I. Joe* (1945) 2:00pm

War correspondent Ernie Pyle joins an Army platoon during World War II to learn what battle is really about. Cast: Burgess Meredith, Robert Mitchum, Freddie Steele. Dir: William A. Wellman. BW-108 mins, TV-14

*Hang 'Em High* (1968) 4:00pm

A mysterious drifter survives a lynching then goes back for revenge. Cast: Clint Eastwood, Ed Begley, Inger Stevens. Dir: Ted Post. C-115 mins, TV-14, CC, Letterbox Format

*The Great Train Robbery* (1979) 6:00pm

Three crooks plot to steal a fortune in gold from a moving train. Cast: Sean Connery, Donald Sutherland, Lesley-Anne Down. Dir: Michael Crichton. C-111 mins, TV-MA, CC, Letterbox Format

*The Lion In Winter* (1968) 8:00pm

England's Henry II and his estranged queen battle over the choice of an heir. Cast: Katharine Hepburn, Peter O'Toole, Anthony Hopkins. Dir: Anthony Harvey. C-134 mins, TV-14, CC, Letterbox Format

*The Adventures of Robin Hood* (1938) 10:30pm

The bandit king of Sherwood Forest leads his Merry Men in a battle against the corrupt Prince John. Cast: Errol Flynn, Olivia de Havilland, Basil Rathbone. Dir: William Keighley, Michael Curtiz. C-102 mins, TV-G, CC, DVS

*Robin and Marian* (1976) 12:30am

An aging Robin Hood comes home to resume his relationship with Maid Marian and his battles against the Sheriff of Nottingham. Cast: Sean Connery, Audrey Hepburn, Robert Shaw. Dir: Richard Lester. C-107 mins, TV-14, Letterbox Format

*Becket* (1964) 2:30am

England's King Henry II appoints his best friend Archbishop of Canterbury then turns on him. Cast: Richard Burton, Peter O'Toole, John Gielgud. Dir: Peter Glenville. C-148 mins, TV-PG, CC, Letterbox Format

*Hollywood Without Make-Up* (1966) 5:00am

In this special, Ken Murray hosts his own behind-the-scenes home movies of some of Hollywood's greatest stars. Cast: Host: Ken Murray BW-50 mins, TV-G

*_Sunday, May 9_*

*Short Film: Now Playing May* (2010) 6:00am

Features highlights of the month's programming on TCM, including festivals and stars. BW-30 mins,

*Bachelor Mother* (1939) 6:30am

A fun-loving shop girl is mistaken for the mother of a foundling. Cast: Ginger Rogers, David Niven, Charles Coburn. Dir: Garson Kanin. BW-82 mins, TV-G, CC

*Three Daring Daughters* (1948) 8:00am

Three young girls try to help their widowed mother find the right husband. Cast: Jane Powell, Jeanette MacDonald, Jose Iturbi. Dir: Fred M. Wilcox. C-115 mins, TV-G

*The Magnificent Ambersons* (1942) 10:00am

A possessive son's efforts to keep his mother from remarrying threaten to destroy his family. Cast: Tim Holt, Joseph Cotten, Agnes Moorehead. Dir: Orson Welles. BW-88 mins, TV-PG, CC, DVS

*The Catered Affair* (1956) 11:30am

A working-class mother fights to give her daughter a big wedding whether the girl wants it or not. Cast: Bette Davis, Ernest Borgnine, Debbie Reynolds. Dir: Richard Brooks. BW-94 mins, TV-G, CC, Letterbox Format

*Mildred Pierce* (1945) 1:15pm

A woman turns herself into a business tycoon to win her selfish daughter a place in society. Cast: Joan Crawford, Ann Blyth, Jack Carson. Dir: Michael Curtiz. BW-111 mins, TV-PG, CC, DVS

*To Each His Own* (1946) 3:15pm

A single mother gives up her son, then fights to remain a part of his life. Cast: Olivia de Havilland, John Lund, Roland Culver. Dir: Mitchell Leisen. BW-122 mins, TV-PG, CC

*I Remember Mama* (1948) 5:30pm

Norwegian immigrants face the trials of family life in turn-of-the-century San Francisco. Cast: Irene Dunne, Barbara Bel Geddes, Oscar Homolka. Dir: George Stevens. BW-134 mins, TV-G, CC, DVS

*So Big* (1953) 8:00pm

A schoolteacher-turned-farmer fights to save the land and her son. Cast: Jane Wyman, Sterling Hayden, Richard Beymer. Dir: Robert Wise. BW-102 mins, TV-PG

*Gypsy* (1962) 10:00pm

A domineering mother pushes her two daughters to burlesque stardom. Cast: Natalie Wood, Rosalind Russell, Karl Malden. Dir: Mervyn LeRoy. C-143 mins, TV-PG, CC, Letterbox Format

*The Patsy* (1928) 12:30am

In this silent film, a romantic young woman falls for her sister's fiance, then discovers her sister is cheating on him. Cast: Marion Davies, Orville Caldwell, Marie Dressler. Dir: King Vidor. BW-77 mins, TV-G

*Mamma Roma* (1964) 2:00am

A streetwalker tries to save her son from a life of crime. Cast: Anna Magnani, Ettore Garofolo, Franco Citti. Dir: Pier Paolo Pasolini. BW-106 mins, TV-14, Letterbox Format

*Frances* (1982) 4:00am

Actress Frances Farmer's mind snaps under the pressures of Hollywood life and a domineering mother. Cast: Jessica Lange, Sam Shepard, Kim Stanley. Dir: Graeme Clifford. C-140 mins, TV-MA, CC, Letterbox Format

*_Monday, May 10_*

*The Trail Of '98* (1928) 6:30am

San Francisco boys risk their lives to scout gold in the Klondike. Cast: Dolores Del Rio, Ralph Forbes, Harry Carey. Dir: Clarence Brown. BW-88 mins, TV-G

*Navy Blues* (1929) 8:00am

A sailor on leave falls for a dance-hall girl. Cast: William Haines, Anita Page, Karl Dane. Dir: Clarence Brown. BW-75 mins, TV-PG

*The Son-Daughter* (1932) 9:30am

Young Asians in San Francisco find their love thwarted by clan warfare. Cast: Ramon Novarro, Helen Hayes, Lewis Stone. Dir: Clarence Brown. BW-79 mins, TV-PG

*Chained* (1934) 11:00am

A kept woman finds herself drawn to a charismatic South American rancher. Cast: Joan Crawford, Clark Gable, Otto Kruger. Dir: Clarence Brown. BW-76 mins, TV-PG, CC

*The Gorgeous Hussy* (1936) 12:30pm

President Andrew Jackson's friendship with an innkeeper's daughter spells trouble for them both. Cast: Joan Crawford, Robert Taylor, Lionel Barrymore. Dir: Clarence Brown. BW-103 mins, TV-PG, CC

*Edison, The Man* (1940) 2:15pm

Thomas Edison fights to turn his dreams into reality. Cast: Spencer Tracy, Rita Johnson, Charles Coburn. Dir: Clarence Brown. BW-107 mins, TV-G, CC, DVS

*Intruder In The Dust* (1949) 4:15pm

Only a young boy and an old woman stand between an innocent black man and a lynch mob. Cast: Juano Hernandez, Elizabeth Patterson, David Brian. Dir: Clarence Brown. BW-87 mins, TV-G

*When In Rome* (1952) 5:45pm

A con artist disguises himself as a priest, then begins to believe the role. Cast: Van Johnson, Paul Douglas, Joseph Calleia. Dir: Clarence Brown. BW-78 mins, TV-G, CC

*Short Film: Now Playing May* (2010) 7:30pm

Features highlights of the month's programming on TCM, including festivals and stars. BW-30 mins,

*Elmer Gantry* (1960) 8:00pm

A young drifter finds success as a traveling preacher until his past catches up with him. Cast: Burt Lancaster, Jean Simmons, Shirley Jones. Dir: Richard Brooks. C-147 mins, TV-PG, CC, Letterbox Format

*For Me And My Gal* (1942) 10:30pm

An unscrupulous song-and-dance man uses his partner and his best friend to get ahead. Cast: Judy Garland, Gene Kelly, George Murphy. Dir: Busby Berkeley. BW-104 mins, TV-G, CC

*Love Me Or Leave Me* (1955) 12:30am

True story of torch singer Ruth Etting's struggle to escape the gangster who made her a star. Cast: Doris Day, James Cagney, Cameron Mitchell. Dir: Charles Vidor. C-122 mins, TV-PG, CC, Letterbox Format

*Random Harvest* (1942) 2:45am

A woman's happiness is threatened when she discovers her husband has been suffering from amnesia. Cast: Greer Garson, Ronald Colman, Susan Peters. Dir: Mervyn LeRoy. BW-127 mins, TV-G, CC

*Hallelujah, I'm a Bum* (1933) 5:00am

A tramp rescues the mayor's girlfriend from a suicide attempt. Cast: Al Jolson, Madge Evans, Frank Morgan. Dir: Lewis Milestone. BW-83 mins, TV-PG

*_Tuesday, May 11_*

*MGM Parade Show #24* (1955) 6:30am

*The Runaway Bus* (1954) 7:00am

A London motor coach gets lost in the fog with a cache of stolen gold aboard. Cast: Margaret Rutherford, Petula Clark, George Coulouris. Dir: Val Guest. BW-74 mins, TV-G

*Murder At The Gallop* (1963) 8:30am

Elderly sleuth Miss Marple suspects foul play when an old friend is supposedly scared to death by a cat. Cast: Margaret Rutherford, Robert Morley, Flora Robson. Dir: George ****. BW-81 mins, TV-G, CC, Letterbox Format

*Murder Ahoy* (1964) 10:00am

Elderly sleuth Miss Marple takes to the seas to investigate murder on a naval training ship. Cast: Margaret Rutherford, Lionel Jeffries, Miles Malleson. Dir: George ****. BW-93 mins, TV-G, CC, Letterbox Format

*Murder Most Foul* (1964) 11:45am

Elderly sleuth Miss Marple joins a small-town theatre to investigate a murder. Cast: Margaret Rutherford, Ron Moody, Francesca Annis. Dir: George ****. BW-91 mins, TV-G, CC, Letterbox Format

*Murder In The Air* (1940) 1:30pm

A secret service agent fights to keep enemy spies away from top secret government plans. Cast: Ronald Reagan, John Litel, James Stephenson. Dir: Lewis Seiler. BW-55 mins, TV-PG

*Murder in the Clouds* (1934) 2:30pm

A hotshot pilot takes on enemy agents to fly a scientist and his new explosive to Washington. Cast: Lyle Talbot, Ann Dvorak, Gordon Westcott. Dir: D. Ross Lederman. BW-61 mins, TV-PG

*Murder In The Fleet* (1935) 3:45pm

Seamen hunt down a deadly saboteur. Cast: Robert Taylor, Jean Parker, Jean Hersholt. Dir: Edward Sedgwick. BW-70 mins, TV-G

*Murder In The Private Car* (1934) 5:00pm

A speeding train becomes the setting for murder. Cast: Russell Hardie, Charles Ruggles, Una Merkel. Dir: Harry Beaumont. BW-63 mins, TV-G, CC

*Murder, My Sweet* (1944) 6:15pm

Detective Philip Marlowe's search for a two-timing woman leads him to blackmail and murder. Cast: Dick Powell, Claire Trevor, Anne Shirley. Dir: Edward Dmytryk. BW-95 mins, TV-PG, CC

*Drums Along the Mohawk* (1939) 8:00pm

A young couple fights off Indian attacks to start a farm in the Mohawk Valley. Cast: Claudette Colbert, Henry Fonda, Edna May Oliver. Dir: John Ford. C-104 mins, , CC, Letterbox Format

*Northwest Passage* (1940) 10:00pm

True story of Rogers' Rangers and their fight to open up new frontiers for Colonial America. Cast: Spencer Tracy, Robert Young, Walter Brennan. Dir: King Vidor. C-127 mins, TV-G, CC

*The Last of the Mohicans* (1992) 12:15am

A Native's adopted son falls for the British officer's daughter he's assigned to protect during the French and Indian War. Cast: Daniel Day-Lewis, Madeleine Stowe, Russell Means. Dir: Michael Mann. C-112 mins, TV-14

*Distant Drums* (1951) 2:30am

Soldiers fight through the Everglades to return home after destroying a Seminole fort. Cast: Gary Cooper, Mari Aldon, Richard Webb. Dir: Raoul Walsh. C-101 mins,

*Bugles in the Afternoon* (1952) 4:15am

Old enemies stationed together at an Army post vie for the same woman. Cast: Ray Milland, Helena Carter, Hugh Marlowe. Dir: Roy Rowland. C-85 mins,

*Chuka* (1967) 5:45am

A group under siege at an Army fort grapple with painful memories. Cast: Rod Taylor, Ernest Borgnine, John Mills. Dir: Gordon Douglas. C-105 mins,

*_Wednesday, May 12_*

*The Strawberry Blonde* (1941) 7:45am

A man's infatuation with a gold-digging beauty continues after his marriage. Cast: James Cagney, Olivia de Havilland, Rita Hayworth. Dir: Raoul Walsh. BW-99 mins, TV-G, CC

*Best Foot Forward* (1943) 9:30am

A movie star wreaks havoc when she accepts an invitation to a military academy dance. Cast: Lucille Ball, June Allyson, Gloria DeHaven. Dir: Edward Buzzell. C-95 mins, TV-G, CC

*Romance On The High Seas* (1948) 11:15am

A singer on a Caribbean cruise gets mixed up in a series of romantic problems. Cast: Doris Day, Jack Carson, Janis Paige. Dir: Michael Curtiz. C-99 mins, TV-PG, CC

*Grounds For Marriage* (1950) 1:00pm

An opera singer and her ex-husband find that their romance refuses to die with their marriage. Cast: Van Johnson, Kathryn Grayson, Barry Sullivan. Dir: Robert Z. Leonard. C-90 mins, TV-G, CC

*Just This Once* (1952) 2:30pm

A playboy hands control of his dwindling fortune to a pretty girl. Cast: Janet Leigh, Peter Lawford, Richard Anderson. Dir: Don Weis. BW-90 mins, TV-G

*Village of Daughters* (1962) 4:15pm

A traveling salesman stumbles into the job of matchmaker in a small Italian village. Cast: Eric Sykes, Scilla Gabel, Gregoire Aslan. Dir: George ****. BW-86 mins, TV-G, Letterbox Format

*The Happy Road* (1957) 6:00pm

Two single parents join forces when their children run away from a French boarding school. Cast: Gene Kelly, Barbara Laage, Michael Redgrave. Dir: Gene Kelly. BW-100 mins, TV-PG, CC, Letterbox Format

*The Picture of Dorian Gray* (1945) 8:00pm

A man remains young and handsome while his portrait shows the ravages of age and sin. Cast: Hurd Hatfield, Angela Lansbury, Donna Reed. Dir: Albert Lewin. BW-110 mins, TV-G, CC

*Last Time I Saw Paris* (1954) 10:00pm

A writer recalls his turbulent marriage to an expatriate heiress. Cast: Elizabeth Taylor, Van Johnson, Donna Reed. Dir: Richard Brooks. C-116 mins, TV-PG, CC, Letterbox Format

*Green Dolphin Street* (1947) 12:00am

In 19th-century New Zealand, two sisters compete for the same man against a backdrop of political unrest and natural disaster. Cast: Lana Turner, Van Heflin, Donna Reed. Dir: Victor Saville. BW-141 mins, TV-G, CC

*The Man From Down Under* (1943) 2:30am

A World War I veteran sneaks two orphans back to his native Australia. Cast: Charles Laughton, Binnie Barnes, Donna Reed. Dir: Robert Z. Leonard. BW-103 mins, TV-PG

*Mokey* (1942) 4:30am

A newlywed tries to deal with her troubled stepchild. Cast: Dan Dailey, Donna Reed, Robert Blake. Dir: Wells Root. BW-88 mins, TV-G, CC

*_Thursday, May 13_*

*Raiders Of The Seven Seas* (1953) 6:00am

A legendary pirate captures a Spanish galleon and tries to claim a countess as his bride. Cast: John Payne, Donna Reed, Lon Chaney, Jr. Dir: Yves Allegret, Sydney Salkow. C-88 mins, TV-G, CC

*Gun Fury* (1953) 7:30am

A cowboy trails the outlaws who kidnapped his fiancee during a stagecoach robbery. Cast: Rock Hudson, Donna Reed, Lee Marvin. Dir: Raoul Walsh. C-82 mins, TV-PG, CC

*They Rode West* (1954) 9:00am

A Calvary doctor defies orders to treat Native Americans. Cast: Robert Francis, Donna Reed, Philip Carey. Dir: Phil Karlson. C-84 mins, TV-PG

*Three Hours to Kill* (1954) 10:30am

After escaping a lynch mob, an innocent man returns to find out who framed him for murder. Cast: Dana Andrews, Donna Reed, Dianne Foster. Dir: Alfred L. Werker. BW-77 mins, TV-PG, CC

*The Big Gusher* (1951) 12:00pm

Two oil-field roughnecks try to protect their land from a con artist until they can strike oil. Cast: Wayne Morris, Preston Foster, Dorothy Patrick. Dir: Lew Landers. BW-68 mins,

*Flame of Stamboul* (1951) 1:15pm

A U.S. agent guards defense plans at a conference in Istanbul. Cast: Richard Denning, Lisa Ferraday, Norman Lloyd. Dir: Ray Nazarro. BW-68 mins,

*Smuggler's Gold* (1951) 2:30pm

The head of a smuggling ring sucks his niece's fianc? into his operation. Cast: Cameron Mitchell, Amanda Blake, Carl Benton Reid. Dir: William Berke. BW-64 mins,

*The Case Against Brooklyn* (1958) 3:45pm

A rookie cop takes on criminals who have the local government in their pocket. Cast: Darren McGavin, Margaret Hayes, Warren Stevens. Dir: Paul Wendkos. BW-81 mins, TV-PG, Letterbox Format

*Good Day for a Hanging* (1958) 5:15pm

A reformed bank robber has to choose between his former gang and doing the right thing. Cast: Fred MacMurray, Margaret Hayes, Robert Vaughn. Dir: Nathan Juran. BW-86 mins, TV-PG, CC, Letterbox Format

*The Hired Gun* (1957) 6:45pm

A bounty hunter tries to prove his beautiful quarry innocent of murder. Cast: Rory Calhoun, Anne Francis, Vince Edwards. Dir: Ray Nazarro. BW-64 mins, TV-G, Letterbox Format

*The Unforgiven* (1960) 8:00pm

Indians try to reclaim a rancher's adopted daughter. Cast: Burt Lancaster, Audrey Hepburn, Audie Murphy. Dir: John Huston. C-121 mins, TV-14, CC, Letterbox Format

*Dances With Wolves* (1990) 10:15pm

A soldier stationed in North Dakota leaves his post to join a nearby Sioux tribe. Cast: Kevin Costner, Mary McDonnell, Graham Greene. Dir: Kevin Costner. C-181 mins, TV-14, Letterbox Format

*Black Robe* (1991) 1:30am

A young priest journeys to 17th century Quebec to take over a mission. Cast: Lothaire Bluteau, Aden Young, Sandrine Holt. Dir: Bruce Beresford. C-101 mins,

*Run Of The Arrow* (1957) 3:15am

A bitter Confederate veteran joins a Sioux tribe to keep his war against the Union going. Cast: Rod Steiger, Sarita Montiel, Brian Keith. Dir: Samuel Fuller. C-86 mins, TV-PG, Letterbox Format

*White Comanche* (1968) 4:45am

Twin half-breeds clash when one sides with settlers and the other with the Indians. Cast: William Shatner, Joseph Cotten, Perla Cristal. Dir: Gilbert Kay. C-95 mins, TV-PG, CC

*_Friday, May 14_*

*Rachel And The Stranger* (1948) 6:30am

A mail-order bride finds herself attracted to a handsome drifter. Cast: Loretta Young, William Holden, Robert Mitchum. Dir: Norman Foster. BW-79 mins, TV-PG, CC

*Duel In The Sun* (1946) 8:00am

A fiery half-breed comes between a rancher's good and evil sons. Cast: Jennifer Jones, Gregory Peck, Joseph Cotten. Dir: King Vidor. C-144 mins, TV-14, CC

*Gaslight* (1944) 10:30am

A newlywed fears she's going mad when strange things start happening at the family mansion. Cast: Charles Boyer, Ingrid Bergman, Angela Lansbury. Dir: George Cukor. BW-114 mins, TV-PG, CC, DVS

*Thunder Rock* (1942) 12:30pm

A disillusioned writer moves into a lighthouse where some ghostly visitors restore his faith. Cast: Michael Redgrave, Barbara Mullen, James Mason. Dir: Roy Boulting. BW-107 mins, TV-G

*North By Northwest* (1959) 2:30pm

An advertising man is mistaken for a spy, triggering a deadly cross-country chase. Cast: Cary Grant, Eva Marie Saint, James Mason. Dir: Alfred Hitchcock. C-136 mins, TV-PG, CC, Letterbox Format, DVS

*Lolita* (1962) 5:00pm

Vladimir Nabokov's racy classic focuses on an aging intellectual in love with a teenager. Cast: James Mason, Shelley Winters, Peter Sellers. Dir: Stanley Kubrick. BW-153 mins, TV-14, CC, Letterbox Format, DVS

*Red, Hot And Blue* (1949) 8:00pm

An actress's rising career is threatened when she finds a dead gangster in her apartment. Cast: Betty Hutton, Victor Mature, William Demarest. Dir: John Farrow. C-84 mins, TV-G

*It Should Happen To You* (1954) 9:30pm

A dizzy model in love with fame rents a billboard and puts her name on it. Cast: Judy Holliday, Jack Lemmon, Peter Lawford. Dir: George Cukor. BW-87 mins, TV-G, Letterbox Format

*Chatterbox* (1936) 11:00pm

A country girl tries to talk her way into a stage career. Cast: Anne Shirley, Phillips Holmes, Edward Ellis. Dir: George Nichols, Jr. BW-68 mins, TV-G

*What Price Hollywood?* (1932) 12:15am

A drunken director whose career is fading helps a waitress become a Hollywood star. Cast: Constance Bennett, Lowell Sherman, Neil Hamilton. Dir: George Cukor. BW-88 mins, TV-G

*Putney Swope* (1969) 2:00am

An unexpected member of the executive board of an advertising firm is accidentally put in charge. Cast: Stanley Gottlieb, Allen Garfield, Arnold Johnson. Dir: Robert Downey, Sr. BW-85 mins, TV-MA, Letterbox Format

*Greaser's Palace* (1972) 3:30am

A parable based on the life of Christ that takes place in a Western setting. Cast: Luana Anders, Jim Antonio, Allan Arbus. Dir: Robert Downey Sr.. C-90 mins, TV-MA

*Short Film: Match Your Mood* (1968) 5:30am

Westinghouse shows women how to improve their lives by decorating their refrigerators. C-7 mins,

*Short Film: The Corvair In Action* (1960) 5:45am

Technicians herald the arrival of a new car that "delivers the goods as no other compact car can." C-6 mins,

*_Saturday, May 15_*

*Little Men* (1940) 6:00am

A con artist tries to save the boarding school where his son has found a home. Cast: Kay Francis, Jack Oakie, George Bancroft. Dir: Norman Z. McLeod. BW-83 mins, TV-G, CC

*Anne Of Green Gables* (1934) 7:30am

A young orphan goes to stay with elderly relatives in the country. Cast: Anne Shirley, Tom Brown, O.P. Heggie. Dir: George Nichols, Jr. BW-78 mins, TV-G, CC, DVS

*Horse Feathers* (1932) 9:00am

In an effort to beef up his school's football team, a college president mistakenly recruits two loonies. Cast: The Marx Brothers, Thelma Todd, David Landau. Dir: Norman Z. McLeod. BW-67 mins, TV-G, CC

*Smugglers' Cove* (1948) 10:30am

The Bowery Boys take on a gang of German smugglers. Cast: Leo Gorcey, Huntz Hall, Martin Kosleck. Dir: William Beaudine. BW-66 mins,

*The Swimmer* (1968) 12:00pm

A tortured man reflects on past mistakes while "swimming" home through his neighbors' pools. Cast: Burt Lancaster, Janice Rule, Joan Rivers. Dir: Frank Perry. C-95 mins, TV-14

*International Velvet* (1978) 2:00pm

In this sequel to National Velvet, a former racing champ helps turn a delinquent girl into an Olympic rider. Cast: Tatum O'Neal, Christopher Plummer, Anthony Hopkins. Dir: Bryan Forbes. C-116 mins, TV-G, Letterbox Format

*The Big Heat* (1953) 4:15pm

A police detective whose wife was killed by the mob teams with a scarred gangster's moll to bring down a powerful gangster. Cast: Glenn Ford, Gloria Grahame, Lee Marvin. Dir: Fritz Lang. BW-90 mins, TV-14, CC

*The Thomas Crown Affair* (1968) 6:00pm

A bored tycoon turns to bank robbery and courts the insurance investigator assigned to bring him in. Cast: Steve McQueen, Faye Dunaway, Paul Burke. Dir: Norman Jewison. C-102 mins, TV-14, CC, Letterbox Format

*The Blue Dahlia* (1946) 8:00pm

A veteran fights to prove he didn't kill his cheating wife. Cast: Alan Ladd, Veronica Lake, William Bendix. Dir: George Marshall. BW-99 mins, TV-PG, CC

*Days of Wine and Roses* (1962) 8:00pm

A husband and wife fight to conquer alcoholism. Cast: Jack Lemmon, Lee Remick, Jack Klugman. Dir: Blake Edwards. BW-117 mins, TV-14, CC, Letterbox Format

*Please Don't Eat The Daisies* (1960) 12:00am

A drama critic and his family try to adjust to life in the country. Cast: Doris Day, David Niven, Janis Paige. Dir: Charles Walters. C-111 mins, TV-G, CC, Letterbox Format, DVS

*What's Up, Tiger Lily?* (1966) 2:00am

Woody Allen dubbed in comic dialogue for this outrageous spoof of secret-agent thrillers. Cast: Voices of Woody Allen, Louise Lasser, Mickey Rose. Dir: Woody Allen. C-80 mins, TV-PG, CC, Letterbox Format

*Brother Orchid* (1940) 3:30am

After a failed hit, a mob chief recuperates in a monastery. Cast: Edward G. Robinson, Ann Sothern, Humphrey Bogart. Dir: Lloyd Bacon. BW-88 mins, TV-PG, CC

*The Blue Gardenia* (1953) 5:00am

A telephone operator kills in self-defense but can't remember the details of the encounter. Cast: Anne Baxter, Raymond Burr, Richard Conte. Dir: Fritz Lang. BW-88 mins, TV-PG, CC

*_Sunday, May 16_*

*I Love a Mystery* (1945) 6:30am

A detective tries to protect a man who has predicted his murder will take place in three days. Cast: Jim Bannon, Nina Foch, George Macready. Dir: Henry Levin. BW-69 mins, , CC

*New Moon* (1940) 8:00am

A revolutionary leader romances a French aristocrat in Louisiana. Cast: Jeanette MacDonald, Nelson Eddy, Mary Boland. Dir: Robert Z. Leonard. BW-105 mins, TV-PG, CC

*The Strongest Man in the World* (1975) 10:00am

A student discovers the key to super strength by mixing chemicals with his breakfast cereal. Cast: Kurt Russell, Joe Flynn, Eve Arden. Dir: Vincent McEveety. C-92 mins, TV-PG, CC

*Gidget Goes Hawaiian* (1961) 12:00pm

A surfer girl triggers romantic confusion during a Hawaiian vacation. Cast: James Darren, Michael Callan, Deborah Walley. Dir: Paul Wendkos. C-102 mins, TV-G

*On The Waterfront* (1954) 2:00pm

A young stevedore takes on the mobster who rules the docks. Cast: Marlon Brando, Eva Marie Saint, Rod Steiger. Dir: Elia Kazan. BW-108 mins, TV-PG, CC, Letterbox Format

*Picnic* (1955) 4:00pm

A handsome drifter ignites passions at a small-town Labor Day picnic. Cast: William Holden, Kim Novak, Rosalind Russell. Dir: Joshua Logan. C-113 mins, TV-PG, CC, Letterbox Format

*The Goodbye Girl* (1977) 6:00pm

A dancer discovers her runaway boyfriend has sublet her apartment to an aspiring actor. Cast: Richard Dreyfuss, Marsha Mason, Quinn Cummings. Dir: Herbert Ross. C-111 mins, TV-MA, CC, Letterbox Format

*Hail The Conquering Hero* (1944) 8:00pm

A group of veterans help a small-town fraud convince his family he was a war hero. Cast: Eddie Bracken, Ella Raines, Raymond Walburn. Dir: Preston Sturges. BW-101 mins, TV-G, CC

*About Face* (1952) 10:00pm

Two military school cadets discover their best friend is married. Cast: Gordon MacRae, Eddie Bracken, Dick Wesson. Dir: Roy Del Ruth. C-94 mins,

*The Better 'Ole* (1926) 12:00am

In this silent film, friends face misadventures during World War I Cast: Sydney Chaplin, Doris Hill, Harold Goodwin. Dir: Charles Reisner. BW-95 mins, TV-PG

*Tokyo Story* (1953) 2:00am

An aging couple visits their children in Tokyo only to find heartache and rejection. Cast: Chishu Ryu, Chieko Higashiyama, Setsuko Hara. Dir: Yasujiro Ozu. BW-136 mins, TV-PG

*The Sunshine Boys* (1975) 4:30am

A feuding comedy team reunites for a television comeback. Cast: Walter Matthau, George Burns, Richard Benjamin. Dir: Herbert Ross. C-111 mins, TV-14, CC, Letterbox Format, DVS

*_Monday, May 17_*

McGuerins From Brooklyn, The (1942) 6:30am

Two cab drivers try to make a beat up cab into their ticket to success. Cast: William Bendix, Grace Bradley, Max Baer. Dir: Kurt Neumann. BW-46 mins, TV-G

*Seven Days' Leave* (1942) 7:30am

A serviceman has one week to wed an heiress and inherit $100,000. Cast: Victor Mature, Lucille Ball, Harold Peary. Dir: Tim Whelan. C-87 mins, TV-G

*Heavenly Days* (1944) 9:00am

When they're named Mr. and Mrs. Average Man, a small-town couple embarks on a whirlwind tour of Washington. Cast: Jim Jordan, Marian Jordan, Eugene Pallette. Dir: Howard Estabrook. BW-71 mins, TV-G

*They Met In Argentina* (1941) 10:15am

An oil tycoon's representative finds love when he tries to buy a South American race horse. Cast: Maureen O'Hara, James Ellison, Buddy Ebsen. Dir: Leslie Goodwins. BW-76 mins, TV-PG

*This Time For Keeps* (1942) 11:45am

A newlywed goes to work for his disapproving father-in-law. Cast: Ann Rutherford, Robert Sterling, Guy Kibbee. Dir: Charles Riesner. BW-73 mins, TV-G

*The Courtship Of Andy Hardy* (1942) 1:00pm

A teenager dates a girl whose parents' divorce is being decided by his father. Cast: Mickey Rooney, Lewis Stone, Donna Reed. Dir: George B. Seitz. BW-95 mins, TV-G, CC

*The Girl From Mexico* (1939) 2:45pm

An ad man tours Mexico trying to cast a new radio show. Cast: Lupe Velez, Donald Woods, Leon Errol. Dir: Leslie Goodwins. BW-72 mins, TV-G

*When Ladies Meet* (1941) 4:00pm

A female novelist doesn't realize her new friend is the wife whose husband she's trying to steal. Cast: Joan Crawford, Robert Taylor, Greer Garson. Dir: Robert Z. Leonard. BW-105 mins, TV-G, CC

*Idiot's Delight* (1939) 6:00pm

A hoofer and a fake Russian countess are caught behind enemy lines at the outbreak of World War II. Cast: Clark Gable, Norma Shearer, Edward Arnold. Dir: Clarence Brown. BW-110 mins, TV-G, CC

*Summertime* (1955) 8:00pm

A schoolteacher is surprised to find love on a Venetian vacation. Cast: Katharine Hepburn, Rossano Brazzi, Isa Miranda. Dir: David Lean. C-100 mins, TV-PG

*Rome Adventure* (1962) 8:00pm

A rebellious teacher moves to Rome and finds love. Cast: Suzanne Pleshette, Troy Donahue, Angie Dickinson. Dir: Delmer Daves. C-119 mins,

*The Story of Esther Costello* (1957) 12:15am

A bitter divorcee works to educate a deaf and blind girl. Cast: Joan Crawford, Rossano Brazzi, Heather Sears. Dir: David Miller. BW-103 mins, TV-14

*Light In The Piazza* (1962) 2:15am

A woman's efforts to marry off her daughter are hindered by a family secret. Cast: Olivia de Havilland, Yvette Mimieux, George Hamilton. Dir: Guy Green. C-102 mins, TV-PG, CC, Letterbox Format

*Count Your Blessings* (1959) 4:00am

After a wartime separation, an Englishwoman discovers her French husband is a womanizer. Cast: Deborah Kerr, Maurice Chevalier, Rossano Brazzi. Dir: Jean Negulesco. C-102 mins, TV-PG, CC, Letterbox Format

*_Tuesday, May 18_*

*Gold Diggers Of 1933* (1933) 6:00am

Three chorus girls fight to keep their show going and find rich husbands. Cast: Joan Blondell, Ruby Keeler, Dick Powell. Dir: Mervyn LeRoy. BW-98 mins, TV-G, CC

*Gold Diggers Of 1935* (1935) 8:00am

A socialite is bamboozled into producing a stage show in her home. Cast: Dick Powell, Adolphe Menjou, Alice Brady. Dir: Busby Berkeley. BW-95 mins, TV-G, CC

*Gold Diggers Of 1937* (1936) 10:00am

A group of insurance salesmen try to get into show business. Cast: Dick Powell, Joan Blondell, Glenda Farrell. Dir: Lloyd Bacon. BW-101 mins, TV-G, CC

*Gold Diggers In Paris* (1938) 12:00pm

Three showgirls travel to Paris in search of rich husbands. Cast: Rudy Vallee Rosemary Lane, Hugh Herbert. Dir: Ray Enright. BW-97 mins, TV-G

*Rich, Young And Pretty* (1951) 2:00pm

A rancher's daughter visits Paris to meet her mother and find love. Cast: Danielle Darrieux, Wendell Corey, Jane Powell. Dir: Norman Taurog. C-95 mins, TV-PG, CC

*The French Line* (1954) 4:00pm

A Texas heiress masquerades as a model in hopes of finding true love. Cast: Jane Russell, Gilbert Roland, Mary McCarty. Dir: Lloyd Bacon. C-102 mins, TV-G, CC

*Gentlemen Marry Brunettes* (1955) 6:00pm

A sister act in Paris tries to top their aunts' escapades there during the roaring twenties. Cast: Jane Russell, Jeanne Crain, Alan Young. Dir: Richard Sale. C-99 mins, TV-G, Letterbox Format

*Davy Crockett, Indian Scout* (1950) 8:00pm

One of Davy Crockett's descendants leads a wagon train through perilous territory. Cast: George Montgomery, Ellen Drew, Philip Reed. Dir: Lew Landers. BW-71 mins, TV-G

*One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest* (1975) 9:30pm

A small-time criminal fakes insanity in hopes of doing easy time in a mental hospital. Cast: Jack Nicholson, Louise Fletcher, Brad Dourif. Dir: Milos Forman. C-133 mins,

*A Man Called Horse* (1970) 12:00am

A English lord kidnapped by Indians becomes a part of their tribe. Cast: Richard Harris, Judith Anderson, Manu Tupou. Dir: Elliot Silverstein. C-115 mins, TV-MA, Letterbox Format

*Windwalker* (1980) 2:00am

A dead Native chief returns to help his tribe fight off invaders. Cast: Trevor Howard, Nick Ramus, James Remar. Dir: Keith Merrill. C-108 mins,

*Flap* (1970) 4:00am

An aging Native American mounts a one-man rebellion against the U.S. government. Cast: Anthony Quinn, Claude Akins, Shelley Winters. Dir: Carol Reed. C-106 mins,

*_Wednesday, May 19_*

*Now Playing: June* (2010) 6:00am

Cast: Dir: C-0 mins,

*Armored Car Robbery* (1950) 6:30am

A police officer tries to find half a million dollars stolen by gangsters. Cast: Charles McGraw, Adele Jergens, William Talman. Dir: Richard Fleischer BW-68 mins, TV-PG

*Destination Murder* (1950) 7:45am

A woman infiltrates the mob to find her father's killer. Cast: Joyce MacKenzie, Hurd Hatfield, Albert Dekker. Dir: Edward L. Cahn. BW-73 mins, TV-PG, CC

*The People Against O'Hara* (1951) 9:00am

A defense attorney jeopardizes his career to save his client. Cast: Spencer Tracy, Diana Lynn, Pat O'Brien. Dir: John Sturges. BW-102 mins, TV-PG, CC

*The Unknown Man* (1951) 11:00am

A scrupulously honest lawyer discovers that the client he's gotten off was really guilty. Cast: Walter Pidgeon, Ann Harding, Lewis Stone. Dir: Richard Thorpe. BW-86 mins, TV-PG

*Clash By Night* (1952) 12:30pm

An embittered woman seeks escape in marriage, only to fall for her husband's best friend. Cast: Barbara Stanwyck, Robert Ryan, Marilyn Monroe. Dir: Fritz Lang. BW-105 mins, TV-PG, CC, DVS

*Beware, My Lovely* (1952) 2:30pm

A widow discovers her handyman is an escaped mental patient. Cast: Ida Lupino, Robert Ryan, Taylor Holmes. Dir: Harry Horner. BW-77 mins, TV-PG, CC

*Angel Face* (1953) 4:00pm

An unscrupulous woman murders her loved ones for profit. Cast: Robert Mitchum, Jean Simmons, Herbert Marshall. Dir: Otto Preminger. BW-91 mins, TV-G, CC

*Code Two* (1953) 5:45pm

Three young men train to become motorcycle cops. Cast: Ralph Meeker, Sally Forrest, Keenan Wynn. Dir: Fred M. Wilcox. BW-69 mins,

*Hidden Values: The Movies of the '50s* (2001) 7:00pm

A look at some of the movies that defined the decade and what they said about Americans and American culture. BW-47 mins, TV-PG, CC

*Trouble Along the Way* (1953) 8:00pm

A famous football coach uses underhanded means to turn a bankrupt college's team into winners. Cast: John Wayne, Donna Reed, Charles Coburn. Dir: Michael Curtiz. BW-110 mins, TV-PG

*Saturday's Hero* (1951) 10:00pm

A college athlete finds his life consumed by football. Cast: John Derek, Donna Reed, Sidney Blackmer. Dir: David Miller. BW-110 mins, TV-G

*Ransom!* (1956) 12:00am

A wealthy couple tries to cope with the press and the police when their son is kidnapped. Cast: Glenn Ford, Donna Reed, Leslie Nielsen. Dir: Alex Segal. BW-102 mins, TV-PG, CC

*Scandal Sheet* (1952) 2:00am

A tabloid editor assigns a young reporter to solve a murder the editor committed himself. Cast: John Derek, Donna Reed, Broderick Crawford. Dir: Phil Karlson. BW-82 mins, TV-PG

*The Whole Truth* (1958) 3:30am

A woman tries to prove her cheating husband didn't murder his mistress. Cast: Stewart Granger, Donna Reed, George Sanders. Dir: Dan Cohen, John Guillerman. BW-84 mins, TV-PG

*Eyes In The Night* (1942) 5:00am

Blind detective Duncan Maclain gets mixed up with enemy agents and murder when he tries to help an old friend with a rebellious stepdaughter. Cast: Edward Arnold, Donna Reed, Ann Harding. Dir: Fred Zinnemann. BW-80 mins, TV-G, CC

*_Thursday, May 20_*

*The Get-Away* (1941) 6:30am

A jailed cop befriends a mob chieftain and stages a breakout with him. Cast: Robert Sterling, Dan Dailey, Donna Reed. Dir: Edward Buzzell. BW-89 mins, TV-PG, CC

*Navy Blue And Gold* (1937) 8:15am

Three buddies fight to survive the rigorous training at Annapolis. Cast: Robert Young, James Stewart, Billie Burke. Dir: Sam Wood. BW-94 mins, TV-G, CC

*Mr. Smith Goes to Washington* (1939) 10:00am

An idealistic Senate replacement takes on political corruption. Cast: James Stewart, Jean Arthur, Claude Rains. Dir: Frank Capra. BW-130 mins, TV-G, CC

*The Mortal Storm* (1940) 12:15pm

The Third Reich's rise tears apart a German family. Cast: Margaret Sullavan, James Stewart, Robert Young. Dir: Frank Borzage. BW-100 mins, TV-PG, CC

*Bell, Book and Candle* (1959) 2:00pm

A beautiful witch puts a love spell on an unknowing publisher. Cast: James Stewart, Kim Novak, Jack Lemmon. Dir: Richard Quine. C-102 mins, TV-PG, CC, Letterbox Format

*The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance* (1962) 4:00pm

An experienced gunman and a peace-loving tenderfoot clash with a Western bully. Cast: John Wayne, James Stewart, Lee Marvin. Dir: John Ford. BW-123 mins, TV-14, CC, Letterbox Format

*The Man From Laramie* (1955) 6:15pm

A wandering cowboy gets caught in the rivalry between an aging rancher's sons. Cast: James Stewart, Arthur Kennedy, Donald Crisp. Dir: Anthony Mann. C-102 mins, TV-PG, CC, Letterbox Format

*Devil's Doorway* (1950) 8:00pm

A Native American Civil War hero returns home to fight for his people. Cast: Robert Taylor, Louis Calhern, Paula Raymond. Dir: Anthony Mann. BW-84 mins, TV-PG, CC

*Little Big Man* (1970) 9:30pm

An American pioneer raised by Indians ends up fighting alongside General Custer. Cast: Dustin Hoffman, Faye Dunaway, Chief Dan George. Dir: Arthur Penn. C-140 mins, TV-14, CC, Letterbox Format

*Billy Jack* (1971) 12:15am

A former Green Beret fights to protect a school for runaways in the desert. Cast: Tom Laughlin, Delores Taylor, Clark Howat. Dir: Tom Laughlin. C-114 mins, TV-14

*Thunderheart* (1992) 2:15am

An FBI man gets back in touch with his Native roots investigating a murder on a reservation. Cast: Val Kilmer, Sam Shepard, Graham Greene. Dir: Michael Apted. C-119 mins,

*Jim Thorpe--All American* (1951) 4:30am

The famous Native American athlete fights prejudice in his pursuit of sports stardom. Cast: Burt Lancaster, Phyllis Thaxter, Charles Bickford. Dir: Michael Curtiz. BW-106 mins, TV-PG, CC

*_Friday, May 21_*

*The Big House* (1930) 6:30am

An attempted prison break leads to a riot. Cast: Chester Morris, Wallace Beery, Robert Montgomery. Dir: George Hill. BW-87 mins, TV-PG, CC

*The Divorcee* (1930) 8:00am

The double standard destroys a liberal couple's marriage. Cast: Norma Shearer, Chester Morris, Robert Montgomery. Dir: Robert Z. Leonard. BW-82 mins, TV-G, CC

*Private Lives* (1931) 9:30am

A divorced couple rekindles the spark after landing in adjoining honeymoon suites with new mates. Cast: Norma Shearer, Robert Montgomery, Una Merkel. Dir: Sidney Franklin. BW-84 mins, TV-G

*Faithless* (1932) 11:00am

A spoiled rich girl is wiped out by the Depression. Cast: Tallulah Bankhead, Robert Montgomery, Hugh Herbert. Dir: Harry Beaumont. BW-77 mins, TV-PG

*Hide-Out* (1934) 12:30pm

Farmers take in an injured racketeer and try to reform him. Cast: Robert Montgomery, Maureen O'Sullivan, Mickey Rooney. Dir: W.S. Van Dyke II. BW-81 mins, TV-G, CC

*Night Must Fall* (1937) 2:00pm

A charming young man worms his way into a wealthy woman's household, then reveals a deadly secret. Cast: Robert Montgomery, Rosalind Russell, Dame May Whitty. Dir: Richard Thorpe. BW-116 mins, TV-PG, CC

*The Last Of Mrs. Cheyney* (1937) 4:00pm

A chic jewel thief in England falls in love with one of her marks. Cast: Joan Crawford, Robert Montgomery, William Powell. Dir: Richard Boleslawski. BW-98 mins, TV-G, CC

*Lady In The Lake* (1947) 5:45pm

Philip Marlowe searches for a missing woman in this mystery shot entirely from the detective's viewpoint. Cast: Robert Montgomery, Audrey Totter, Lloyd Nolan. Dir: Robert Montgomery. BW-103 mins, TV-PG, CC

*Joan Allen* (2008) 7:30pm

Celebrities reveal the classic movies that influenced their lives in interviews with acclaimed film critic/interviewer Elvis Mitchell. C-27 mins, TV-PG, CC, Letterbox Format

*Kind Hearts and Coronets* (1949) 8:00pm

An ambitious young man sets out to kill everyone who stands between him and a fortune. Cast: Alec Guinness, Dennis Price, Joan Greenwood. Dir: Robert Hamer. BW-106 mins, TV-PG

*Forever Ealing* (2002) 10:00pm

A documentary that explores the history and influence of England's Ealing Studios. Dir: Andrew Snell. BW-50 mins, TV-G, CC

*The Ladykillers* (1955) 11:00pm

An eccentric bandit gang moves into a little old lady's boardinghouse to plot a major heist. Cast: Alec Guinness, Peter Sellers, Katie Johnson. Dir: Alexander Mackendrick. BW-91 mins, TV-G, Letterbox Format

*The Lavender Hill Mob* (1951) 12:45am

An overlooked gold transporter with twenty years service plots to steal a million pounds of gold. Cast: Alec Guinness, Stanley Holloway, Sidney James. Dir: Charles Crichton. BW-81 mins, TV-G

*Poor Pretty Eddie* (1975) 2:15am

When her car breaks down, a jazz singer is held hostage by a deranged Elvis impersonator. Cast: Leslie Uggams, Shelley Winters, Michael Christian. Dir: Chris Robinson, David Worth. C-85 mins, TV-MA, Letterbox Format

*Hootenanny Hoot!* (1963) 3:45am

Television producers discover country/western music at a small-town college. Cast: Peter Breck, Ruta Lee, Johnny Cash. Dir: Gene Nelson. BW-92 mins, TV-G

*Short Film: The Children Must Learn* (1940) 5:30am

Educators attempt to raise the level of living in an Appalachian community. Cast: Myron McCormick. Dir: Willard Van Dyke. BW-13 mins,

*_Saturday, May 22_*

*Tycoon* (1947) 6:00am

While building a tunnel through the Andes, an engineer falls in love with his possessive boss's daughter. Cast: John Wayne, Laraine Day, Cedric Hardwicke. Dir: Richard Wallace. C-129 mins, TV-PG, CC

*The Front Page* (1931) 8:30am

A crusading newspaper editor tricks his retiring star reporter into covering one last case. Cast: Pat O'Brien, Adolphe Menjou, Edward Everett Horton. Dir: Lewis Milestone. BW-100 mins, TV-G, CC

*Trouble Makers* (1948) 10:30am

The Bowery Boys pose as bellhops to solve a murder. Cast: Leo Gorcey, Huntz Hall, Lionel Stander. Dir: Reginald LeBorg. BW-67 mins,

*The Apple Dumpling Gang* (1975) 12:00pm

Two bumbling outlaws try to help a trio of orphans protect their gold strike. Cast: Bill Bixby, Susan Clark, Don Knotts. Dir: Norman Tokar. C-100 mins, TV-G, CC, Letterbox Format

*The Natural* (1984) 1:45pm

An overaged baseball player comes out of nowhere to save his team. Cast: Robert Redford, Glenn Close, Kim Basinger. Dir: Barry Levinson. C-138 mins, TV-14, CC, Letterbox Format

*Tarzan, The Ape Man* (1932) 4:15pm

A British lord raised by apes kidnaps a beautiful noblewoman exploring Africa with her father. Cast: Johnny Weissmuller, Maureen O'Sullivan, C. Aubrey Smith. Dir: W.S. Van Dyke II. BW-100 mins, TV-G, CC, DVS

*Never Cry Wolf* (1983) 6:00pm

A government researcher fights to survive when he's marooned in the Canadian wilderness. Cast: Charles Martin Smith, Brian Dennehy, Zachary Ittimangnaq. Dir: Carroll Ballard. C-105 mins, TV-PG, CC, Letterbox Format

*The Hunchback Of Notre Dame* (1939) 8:00pm

A deformed bell ringer rescues a gypsy girl falsely accused of witchcraft and murder. Cast: Charles Laughton, Maureen O'Hara, Cedric Hardwicke. Dir: William Dieterle. BW-117 mins, TV-PG, CC, DVS

*Nicholas Nickleby* (1947) 10:15pm

A fatherless boy tries to make his fortune despite interference from his rich uncle. Cast: Cedric Hardwicke, Derek Bonde, Sally Ann Howes. Dir: Alberto Cavalcanti. BW-108 mins, TV-G, CC

*On Borrowed Time* (1939) 12:15am

An old man and his grandson trap Death in a tree. Cast: Lionel Barrymore, Cedric Hardwicke, Beulah Bondi. Dir: Harold S. Bucquet. BW-99 mins, TV-G, CC

*King Solomon's Mines* (1937) 2:00am

African explorers enlist an exiled native chief to help them find a legendary treasure. Cast: Cedric Hardwicke, Paul Robeson, Anna Lee. Dir: Robert Stevenson. BW-80 mins, TV-G

*The Desert Fox* (1951) 3:30am

Following his work with the Afrika Korps, Field Marshall Rommell joins in a plot to assassinate Hitler. Cast: James Mason, Cedric Hardwicke, Jessica Tandy Dir: Henry Hathaway. BW-88 mins,

*Valley Of The Sun* (1942) 5:00am

A government spy goes after a crooked Indian agent in Arizona. Cast: James Craig, Lucille Ball, Dean Jagger. Dir: George Marshall. BW-78 mins, TV-G

*_Sunday, May 23_*

*The Captain's Paradise* (1953) 6:30am

A ferryboat captain keeps different wives at each end of his line. Cast: Alec Guinness, Celia Johnson, Yvonne de Carlo. Dir: Anthony Kimmins. BW-89 mins, TV-G, CC

*Double Wedding* (1937) 8:15am

A dress designer tries to break her sister's engagement to a free-living artist, only to discover the man is falling for her instead. Cast: William Powell, Myrna Loy, Florence Rice. Dir: Richard Thorpe. BW-87 mins, TV-G, CC

*Marty* (1955) 10:00am

A lonely butcher finds love despite the opposition of his friends and family. Cast: Ernest Borgnine, Betsy Blair, Esther Minciotti. Dir: Delbert Mann. BW-94 mins, TV-PG, CC

*Roustabout* (1964) 12:00pm

A female carnival owner hires a hot-blooded young singer to save her touring show. Cast: Elvis Presley, Barbara Stanwyck, Joan Freeman. Dir: John Rich. C-101 mins, TV-PG, CC, Letterbox Format

*In Cold Blood* (1967) 2:00pm

Two vagrants try to outrun the police after committing a savage crime in this real-life shocker. Cast: Robert Blake, Scott Wilson, John Forsythe. Dir: Richard Brooks. BW-134 mins, TV-14, CC, Letterbox Format

*The Wild One* (1953) 4:30pm

Motorcycle-riding delinquents take over a small town. Cast: Marlon Brando, Mary Murphy, Lee Marvin. Dir: Laszlo Benedek. BW-79 mins, TV-14

*Sounder* (1972) 6:00pm

Black sharecroppers during the Depression fight to get their children a decent education. Cast: Paul Winfield, Cicely Tyson, Kevin Hooks. Dir: Martin Ritt. C-105 mins, TV-PG, CC, Letterbox Format

*A Kid For Two Farthings* (1956) 8:00pm

A boy in the slums buys a young goat he thinks is a unicorn. Cast: Celia Johnson, Diana Dors, David Kossoff. Dir: Carol Reed. BW-96 mins,

*The Rising of the Moon* (1957) 10:00pm

Three stories examine the lives of the Irish living under British oppression. Cast: Tyrone Power, Cyril Cusack, Donald Donnelly. Dir: John Ford. BW-81 mins,

Now Playing: June (2010) 11:30pm

*The Big Parade* (1925) 12:00am

In this silent film, a young innocent enlists for World War I service but soon learns the horrors of war. Cast: John Gilbert, Renee Adoree, Karl Dane. Dir: King Vidor. BW-126 mins, TV-G

*The Story Of Adele H.* (1975) 2:15am

After years of living under her father's shadow, the daughter of author Victor Hugo goes mad for love. Cast: Isabele Adjani, Bruce Robinson, Sylvia Marriott. Dir: Francois Truffaut. C-97 mins, TV-PG, Letterbox Format

*Les Miserables* (1935) 4:00am

An obsessed policeman relentlessly pursues an escaped convict. Cast: Fredric March, Charles Laughton, Cedric Hardwicke. Dir: Richard Boleslawski. BW-109 mins, TV-PG, CC

*Les Miserables* (1952) 5:00am

An obsessive policeman relentlessly hunts a man who escaped prison after stealing bread. Cast: Michael Rennie, Debra Paget, Robert Newton. Dir: Lewis Milestone. BW-106 mins, TV-PG, CC

*_Monday, May 24_*

*Before I Hang* (1940) 7:00am

A mad scientist experiments with a serum tainted with a psychopath's blood. Cast: Boris Karloff, Evevlyn Keyes, Bruce Bennett. Dir: Nick Grinde. BW-62 mins, TV-PG, CC

*The Face Behind the Mask* (1941) 8:15am

When a fire leaves him hideously scarred, an immigrant turns to crime. Cast: Peter Lorre, Evelyn Keyes, George E. Stone. Dir: Robert Florey. BW-68 mins,

*Flight Lieutenant* (1942) 9:30am

A disgraced pilot sets out to regain his son's respect. Cast: Pat O'Brien, Glenn Ford, Evelyn Keyes. Dir: Sidney Salkow. BW-80 mins, TV-PG

*Dangerous Blondes* (1943) 11:00am

A mystery writer and his wife investigate the murder of a couturier's wife. Cast: Allyn Joslyn, Evelyn Keyes, Edmund Lowe. Dir: Leigh Jason. BW-81 mins,

*Nine Girls* (1944) 12:30pm

When a sorority girl is found murdered, her classmates set out to solve the case. Cast: Ann Harding, Evelyn Keyes, Anita Louise. Dir: Leigh Jason. BW-78 mins, TV-PG

*Strange Affair* (1944) 2:00pm

A mystery writer and his wife investigate a murder at a charity benefit. Cast: Allyn Joslyn, Evelyn Keyes, Edgar Buchanan. Dir: Alfred E. Green. BW-78 mins,

*There's Something About a Soldier* (1943) 3:30pm

Five officer candidates fight to prove their mettle during training. Cast: Tom Neal, Evelyn Keyes, Bruce Bennett. Dir: Alfred E. Green. BW-81 mins,

*Renegades* (1946) 5:00pm

A prominent citizen's daughter marries an outlaw's son. Cast: Evelyn Keyes, Willard Parker, Larry Parks. Dir: George Sherman. C-87 mins,

*Johnny O'Clock* (1947) 6:30pm

Gambling hall owners get mixed up with a cop on the take, leading to murder and mystery. Cast: Dick Powell, Evelyn Keyes, Lee J. Cobb. Dir: Robert Rossen. BW-96 mins,

*For Whom The Bell Tolls* (1943) 8:00pm

A U.S. mercenary and an army of peasants fight for Spain. Cast: Gary Cooper, Ingrid Bergman, Akim Tamiroff. Dir: Sam Wood. C-170 mins, TV-PG, CC

*The Old Man and the Sea* (1958) 11:00pm

A Cuban fisherman believes his long dry spell will end when he catches a legendary fish. Cast: Spencer Tracy, Felipe Pazos, Harry Bellaver. Dir: John Sturges. C-86 mins,

*A Farewell To Arms* (1932) 12:30am

An American serving in World War I falls for a spirited nurse. Cast: Gary Cooper, Helen Hayes, Adolphe Menjou. Dir: Frank Borzage. BW-89 mins, TV-G

*The Gun Runners* (1958) 2:15am

A charter boat captain runs guns during the Cuban revolution. Cast: Audie Murphy, Everett Sloane, Eddie Albert. Dir: Don Siegel. BW-82 mins,

*To Have And Have Not* (1944) 3:45am

A skipper-for-hire's romance with a beautiful drifter is complicated by his growing involvement with the French resistance. Cast: Humphrey Bogart, Lauren Bacall, Walter Brennan. Dir: Howard Hawks. BW-100 mins, TV-G, CC, DVS

*Now Playing: June* (2010) 5:30am

*_Tuesday, May 25_*

*This Side Of Heaven* (1934) 6:00am

An eccentric family tries to work together when the father is accused of embezzlement. Cast: Lionel Barrymore, Fay Bainter, Una Merkel. Dir: William K. Howard. BW-77 mins, TV-G

*The Soldier and the Lady* (1937) 7:30am

A Russian courier struggles to deliver a message to the troops fighting Tartar invaders. Cast: Anton Walbrook, Elizabeth Allan, Margot Grahame. Dir: George Nichols, Jr. BW-85 mins, TV-G

*Mother Carey's Chickens* (1938) 9:00am

A widow with four children fights to keep her home. Cast: Anne Shirley, Ruby Keeler, Fay Bainter. Dir: Rowland V. Lee. BW-82 mins, TV-G

*The Shining Hour* (1938) 10:30am

A nightclub dancer marries into society and has to contend with her jealous sister-in-law. Cast: Joan Crawford, Melvyn Douglas, Margaret Sullavan. Dir: Frank Borzage. BW-77 mins, TV-PG, CC

*Yes, My Darling Daughter* (1939) 12:00pm

A freethinker's liberal ways are tested when her daughter announces plans for a premarital fling. Cast: Priscilla Lane, Jeffrey Lynn, Fay Bainter. Dir: William Keighley. BW-86 mins, TV-G, CC

*Young Tom Edison* (1940) 1:30pm

As a precocious child, Tom Edison defies authority to develop his first inventions. Cast: Mickey Rooney, Fay Bainter, Virginia Weidler. Dir: Norman Taurog. BW-86 mins, TV-G, CC

*The War Against Mrs. Hadley* (1942) 3:15pm

A Washington matron tries to ignore the effects of World War II. Cast: Fay Bainter, Edward Arnold, Richard Ney. Dir: Harold S. Bucquet. BW-86 mins, TV-G

*The Heavenly Body* (1943) 4:45pm

An astronomer's neglected wife takes up astrology and a handsome astrologer. Cast: William Powell, Hedy Lamarr, James Craig. Dir: Alexander Hall. BW-95 mins, TV-G, CC

*She Went To The Races* (1945) 6:30pm

A pretty scientist with a system for horse-race betting falls in love with a trainer. Cast: James Craig, Frances Gifford, Ava Gardner. Dir: Willis Goldbeck. BW-86 mins, TV-G

*Squaw Man* (1914) 8:00pm

In this silent film, a wrongly accused man escapes to the West and takes an Indian bride. Cast: Dick La Strange, Foster Knox, Joe E. Singleton. Dir: Cecile B. DeMille. BW-74 mins, TV-PG

*Lakota Woman: Return to Wounded Knee* (1994) 9:30pm

A Native woman's activism leads her to take part in an armed confrontation with the U.S. government. Cast: Irene Bedard, Peter Weller, Tantoo Cardinal. Dir: Frank Pierson. C-100 mins,

*Smoke Signals* (1998) 11:30pm

When his best friend's father dies, a Native funds their trip to deal with the remains. Cast: Adam Beach, Evan Adams, Irene Bedard. Dir: Chris Eyre. C-89 mins,

*Naturally Native* (1999) 1:15am

Three Native American sisters decide to try to sell a line of cosmetics. Cast: Valerie Red-Horse, Irene Bedard, Kimberly Norris Guerrero. Dir: Valerie Red-Horse, Jennifer Wynne Farmer. C-107 mins,

*Ramona* (1910) 3:15am

In this silent short, a rancher's daughter runs off with a Native. Cast: Mary Pickford, Henry B. Walthall, Francis J. Grandon. Dir: D.W. Griffith. C-17 mins,

*Last of the Mohicans* (1920) 3:45am

In this silent film, an Indian guide tries to help two sisters caught up in the French and Indian War. Cast: Wallace Beery, Barbara Bedford, Alan Roscoe. Dir: Maurice Tourneur, Clarence Brown. BW-73 mins, TV-G

*MGM Parade Show #24* (1955) 5:15am

*_Wednesday, May 26_*

*Haunted Gold* (1932) 6:00am

A cowboy and his girl fight bandits and a ghost over an abandoned mine. Cast: John Wayne, Sheila Terry, Slim Whitaker. Dir: Mack V. Wright. BW-58 mins, TV-G

*Ride Him, Cowboy* (1932) 7:00am

A cowboy tames a wild horse suspected of killing a man, then rides out to find the real culprit. Cast: John Wayne, Ruth Hall, Frank Hagney. Dir: Fred Allen. BW-55 mins, TV-G

*The Big Stampede* (1932) 8:00am

A new sheriff faces the rustlers who killed his predecessor. Cast: John Wayne, Noah Beery, Luis Alberni. Dir: Tenny Wright. BW-54 mins, TV-G

*Baby Face* (1933) 9:00am

A beautiful schemer sleeps her way to the top of a banking empire. Cast: Barbara Stanwyck, George Brent, John Wayne. Dir: Alfred E. Green. BW-76 mins, TV-PG, CC

*Sagebrush Trail* (1934) 10:15am

A man wrongly imprisoned for murder, escapes to track down the real killer. Cast: John Wayne, Bob Burns, Charles "Slim" Whitaker. Dir: Armand Schaefer. BW-53 mins, TV-G

*Somewhere in Sonora* (1933) 11:15am

A young cowhand gets roped into the outlaw's life when he's falsely accused of a crime. Cast: John Wayne, Henry B. Walthall, Shirley Palmer. Dir: Mack V. Wright. BW-58 mins, TV-G

*The Life Of Jimmy Dolan* (1933) 12:30pm

A boxer facing a murder charge finds refuge in a children's home. Cast: Douglas Fairbanks, Jr., Loretta Young, Fifi D'Orsay. Dir: Archie Mayo. BW-88 mins, TV-G

*The Man From Monterey* (1933) 2:00pm

A U.S. Cavalry officer tries to protect Spanish landowners in California. Cast: John Wayne, Lillian Leighton, Donald Reed. Dir: Mack V. Wright. BW-57 mins, TV-G, CC

*The Telegraph Trail* (1933) 3:00pm

An Army scout volunteers to string telegraph wires through Indian territory. Cast: John Wayne, Marceline Day, Frank McHugh. Dir: Tenny Wright. BW-54 mins, TV-G

*Randy Rides Alone* (1934) 4:00pm

An undercover agent searches for a murderous outlaw. Cast: John Wayne, Alberta Vaughn, George Hayes. Dir: Harry Fraser. BW-52 mins, TV-G

*The Star Packer* (1934) 5:00pm

A U.S. Marshall takes on the job of defeating a mysterious criminal. Cast: John Wayne, Verna Hillie, George 'Gabby' Hayes. Dir: Robert N. Bradbury. BW-55 mins, TV-G

*Stagecoach* (1939) 6:00pm

A group of disparate passengers battle personal demons and each other while racing through Indian country. Cast: John Wayne, Claire Trevor, George Bancroft. Dir: John Ford. BW-96 mins, TV-G, CC

*From Here To Eternity* (1953) 8:00pm

Enlisted men in Hawaii fight for love and honor on the eve of World War II. Cast: Burt Lancaster, Montgomery Clift, Frank Sinatra. Dir: Fred Zinnemann. BW-118 mins, TV-PG, CC

*They Were Expendable* (1945) 10:15pm

A Navy commander fights to prove the battle-worthiness of the PT boat at the start of World War II. Cast: Robert Montgomery, John Wayne, Donna Reed. Dir: John Ford. BW-135 mins, TV-PG, CC, DVS

*See Here, Private Hargrove* (1944) 12:45am

A green recruit has a series of madcap adventures in the Army. Cast: Robert Walker, Donna Reed, Keenan Wynn. Dir: Wesley Ruggles. BW-101 mins, TV-G, CC

*Faithful In My Fashion* (1946) 2:30am

A sailor on leave causes problems at the department store his girlfriend manages. Cast: Tom Drake, Donna Reed, Edward Everett Horton. Dir: Sidney Salkow. BW-81 mins, TV-G, CC

*Thousands Cheer* (1943) 4:00am

An egotistical acrobat joins the Army and falls in love with his commander's daughter. Cast: Gene Kelly, Kathryn Grayson, Judy Garland. Dir: George Sidney. C-125 mins, TV-G, CC

*_Thursday, May 27_*

*Today We Live* (1933) 6:15am

An aristocratic English girl's tangled love life creates havoc during World War I. Cast: Joan Crawford, Gary Cooper, Robert Young. Dir: Howard Hawks. BW-113 mins, TV-G, CC

*Tomorrow We Live* (1942) 8:15am

A master criminal uses mind control to force an ex-con to commit crimes. Cast: William Marshall, Emmett Lynn, Ray Miller. Dir: Edgar G. Ulmer. BW-63 mins, TV-PG

*Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow* (1963) 9:30am

Three tales of very different women using their sexuality as a means to getting what they want. Cast: Sophia Loren, Marcello Mastroianni, Aldo Giuffre. Dir: Vittorio De Sica. C-114 mins, TV-14, Letterbox Format

*Wednesday's Child* (1934) 11:30am

After testifying at his parents' divorce trial, a young boy is shipped off to military school when neither parent wants him around. Cast: Frankie Thomas, Edward Arnold, Karen Morley. Dir: John S. Robertson. BW-68 mins, TV-G

*Saturday's Children* (1940) 12:45pm

A young inventor's new marriage is jeopardized by financial problems. Cast: John Garfield, Claude Rains, Anne Shirley. Dir: Vincent Sherman. BW-102 mins, TV-PG

*Saturday's Heroes* (1938) 2:30pm

A college football star rebels against the exploitation of the game and its players. Cast: Van Heflin, Marian Marsh, Richard Lane. Dir: Edward Killy. BW-60 mins, TV-G

*Sunday Punch* (1942) 3:45pm

A young girl copes with a boarding house full of boxers. Cast: Jean Rogers, William Lundigan, Guy Kibbee. Dir: David Miller. BW-76 mins, TV-G

*Sunday In New York* (1963) 5:30pm

A philandering pilot gets real moral, real fast when his sister contemplates a premarital fling. Cast: Cliff Robertson, Rod Taylor, Jane Fonda. Dir: Peter Tewksbury. C-105 mins, TV-PG, CC

*Now Playing: June* (2010) 7:30pm

*Nanook of the North* (1922) 8:00pm

This pioneering documentary depicts the harsh life of an eskimo and his family. Cast: Nanook. Dir: Robert Flaherty. BW-65 mins,

*The Exiles* (1961) 9:15pm

Three young Native Americans feel lost and isolated when they leave the reservation for the big city. Cast: Mary Donahue, Homer Nish, Clydean Parker. Dir: Kent MacKenzie. BW-72 mins,

*Incident at Oglala* (1992) 11:00pm

When two federal agents are killed in a shootout with Native Americans, only one man stands trial, although many are convinced of his innocence. Cast: Norman Zigrossi, Robert Sikma, Leonard Peltier. Dir: Michael Apted. C-89 mins,

*Broken Rainbow* (1985) 1:00am

The government relocation of 10,000 Navajo sheds light on continuing mistreatment of Native Americans. Cast: Martin Sheen, Buffy Sainte-Marie, Burgess Meredith. Dir: Victoria Mudd. C-70 mins,

*The Return of a Man Called Horse* (1976) 2:30am

An English lord who had once lived among the Indians returns to save his tribe from ruthless trappers. Cast: Richard Harris, Gale Sondergaard, Geoffrey Lewis. Dir: Irvin Kershner. C-126 mins, TV-14, Letterbox Format

*Prairie Thunder* (1937) 5:00am

A scout risks his life to repair telegraph wires torn down by the Indians. Cast: Dick Foran, Ellen Clancy, Wilfred Lucas. Dir: B. Reeves Eason. BW-55 mins, TV-G

*_Friday, May 28_*

*The Lost Patrol* (1934) 6:00am

A British army troop fights off Arab snipers while holed up in an oasis. Cast: Victor McLaglen, Boris Karloff, Wallace Ford. Dir: John Ford. BW-72 mins, TV-PG, CC

*Dive Bomber* (1941) 7:15am

A crusading scientist fights to prevent bomber pilots from blacking out. Cast: Errol Flynn, Fred MacMurray, Alexis Smith. Dir: Michael Curtiz. C-132 mins, TV-G, CC

*Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo* (1944) 9:30am

General Jimmy Doolittle trains American troops for the first airborne attacks on Japan. Cast: Spencer Tracy, Van Johnson, Robert Walker. Dir: Mervyn LeRoy. BW-138 mins, TV-PG, CC, DVS

*Command Decision* (1948) 12:00pm

A senior officer faces the horror of sending his men on suicide missions over Germany during the last days of World War II. Cast: Clark Gable, Van Johnson, Walter Pidgeon. Dir: Sam Wood. BW-112 mins, TV-PG, CC

*God Is My Co-Pilot* (1945) 2:00pm

A flyer dismissed as too old fights to prove himself against the Japanese. Cast: Dennis Morgan, Raymond Massey, Alan Hale. Dir: Robert Florey. BW-88 mins, TV-PG, CC

*Battleground* (1949) 3:30pm

American soldiers in France fight to survive a Nazi siege just before the Battle of the Bulge. Cast: Van Johnson, John Hodiak, Ricardo Montalban. Dir: William A. Wellman. BW-119 mins, TV-PG, CC, DVS

*Sergeant York* (1941) 5:30pm

True story of the farm boy who made the transition from religious pacifist to World War I hero. Cast: Gary Cooper, Walter Brennan, Margaret Wycherly. Dir: Howard Hawks. BW-134 mins, TV-G, CC, DVS

*Stalag 17* (1953) 8:00pm

A cynical serviceman in a World War II POW camp has to prove he's not an informer. Cast: William Holden, Don Taylor, Otto Preminger. Dir: Billy Wilder. BW-120 mins, TV-PG, CC

*The Great Escape* (1963) 10:15pm

Thrown together by the Germans, a group of captive Allied troublemakers plot a daring escape. Cast: James Garner, Steve McQueen, Richard Attenborough. Dir: John Sturges. C-172 mins, TV-PG, CC, Letterbox Format

*The Bridge On The River Kwai* (1957) 1:15am

The Japanese Army forces World War II POWs to build a strategic bridge in Burma. Cast: William Holden, Alec Guinness, Sessue Hayakawa. Dir: David Lean. C-162 mins, TV-PG, CC, Letterbox Format

*King Rat* (1965) 4:00am

A U.S. officer in a World War II Japanese POW camp tries to raise money to buy his fellow prisoners' freedom. Cast: George Segal, Tom Courtenay, James Fox. Dir: Bryan Forbes. BW-134 mins, TV-PG, Letterbox Format

*_Saturday, May 29_*

*You're In The Army Now* (1941) 6:30am

Two incompetent door-to-door salesmen enlist by accident. Cast: Jimmy Durante, Phil Silvers, Jane Wyman. Dir: Lewis Seiler. BW-79 mins, TV-G

*Buck Privates* (1941) 8:00am

Two small-time con artists enlist in the Army to avoid the police. Cast: Bud Abbott, Lou Costello, The Andrews Sisters. Dir: Arthur Lubin. BW-84 mins, TV-G, CC

*In Harm's Way* (1965) 9:30am

An aging Naval officer leads his men against the Japanese after Pearl Harbor. Cast: John Wayne, Kirk Douglas, Patricia Neal. Dir: Otto Preminger. BW-167 mins, TV-14, CC, Letterbox Format

*Battle Of The Bulge* (1965) 12:30pm

A crack Nazi unit holds off the Allies during World War II. Cast: Henry Fonda, Robert Shaw, Robert Ryan. Dir: Ken Annakin. C-156 mins, TV-14, Letterbox Format

*The Battle Of Britain* (1969) 3:15pm

England defends itself against the Nazi Blitz. Cast: Sir Laurence Olivier, Michael Caine, Christopher Plummer. Dir: Guy Hamilton. C-132 mins, TV-PG, Letterbox Format

*Midway* (1976) 5:30pm

Spectacular re-creation of the World War II battle that turned the tide for the U.S. in the Pacific. Cast: Charlton Heston, Henry Fonda, Robert Mitchum. Dir: Jack Smight. C-131 mins, TV-MA, Letterbox Format

*The Best Years Of Our Lives* (1946) 8:00pm

Three returning servicemen fight to adjust to life after World War II. Cast: Fredric March, Dana Andrews, Myrna Loy. Dir: William Wyler. BW-170 mins, TV-PG, CC

*Pride Of The Marines* (1945) 11:00pm

A blinded Marine tries to adjust to civilian life. Cast: John Garfield, Eleanor Parker, Dane Clark. Dir: Delmer Daves. BW-120 mins, TV-G, DVS

*Birdy* (1984) 1:15am

A wounded Vietnam veteran tries to help a shell-shocked friend who believes he's a bird. Cast: Matthew Modine, Nicholas Cage, Sandy Baron. Dir: Alan Parker. C-120 mins,

*Let There Be Light* (1946) 3:30am

In this documentary, soldiers with debilitating emotional trauma and depression receive treatment. Dir: John Huston. BW-58 mins,

*The Secret Invasion* (1964) 4:45am

Five criminals win early pardons to infiltrate a Nazi outpost. Cast: Stewart Granger, Raf Vallone, Mickey Rooney. Dir: Roger Corman. C-98 mins, TV-PG, Letterbox Format

*_Sunday, May 30_*

*Battle Cry* (1955) 6:30am

A group of Marines eagerly await deployment during World War II. Cast: Van Heflin, Aldo Ray, Tab Hunter. Dir: Raoul Walsh. C-149 mins, TV-PG

*Darby's Rangers* (1958) 9:30am

An Army Major leads his men behind enemy lines during World War II. Cast: James Garner, Etchika Choureau, Jack Warden. Dir: William A. Wellman. C-121 mins,

*The Dirty Dozen* (1967) 12:00pm

A renegade officer trains a group of misfits for a crucial mission behind enemy lines. Cast: Lee Marvin, John Cassavetes, Charles Bronson. Dir: Robert Aldrich. C-150 mins, TV-PG, CC, Letterbox Format, DVS

*The Guns of Navarone* (1961) 2:45pm

A team of Allied saboteurs fight their way behind enemy lines to destroy a pair of Nazi guns. Cast: Gregory Peck, David Niven, Anthony Quinn. Dir: J. Lee-Thompson. C-157 mins, TV-PG, CC, Letterbox Format

*The Green Berets* (1968) 5:30pm

After vigorous training, two Army detachments see service in Vietnam. Cast: John Wayne, David Janssen, Jim Hutton. Dir: John Wayne, Ray Kellogg. C-142 mins, TV-14, CC, Letterbox Format

*Mister Roberts* (1955) 8:00pm

A naval officer longing for active duty clashes with his vainglorious captain. Cast: Henry Fonda, James Cagney, Jack Lemmon. Dir: John Ford, Mervyn LeRoy. C-121 mins, TV-PG, Letterbox Format

*Operation Petticoat* (1959) 10:15pm

During World War II, the crew of a decrepit submarine takes on a team of Navy nurses. Cast: Cary Grant, Tony Curtis, Dina Merrill. Dir: Blake Edwards. C-121 mins, TV-G, CC, Letterbox Format

*What Price Glory* (1926) 12:30am

Friendly rivals help each other cope with the horrors of World War I. Cast: Edmund Lowe, Victor McLaglen, Dolores del Rio. Dir: Raoul Walsh. BW-116 mins,

*Paisan* (1946) 2:45am

Short vignettes reveal the personal effects of the Allied invasion of Italy. Cast: Dots Johnson, Maria Michi, Harriet Medin. Dir: Roberto Rossellini. BW-112 mins, TV-PG

*Nazty Nuisance* (1943) 5:00am

Hitler summons the Axis leaders to a secret island meeting with disastrous results. Cast: Bobby Watson, Joe Devlin, Johnny Arthur. Dir: Glenn Tryon. BW-43 mins, TV-PG

*_Monday, May 31_*

*The First Traveling Saleslady* (1956) 6:00am

A corset designer takes a job selling barbed wire in the wild West. Cast: Ginger Rogers, Carol Channing, Clint Eastwood. Dir: Arthur Lubin. C-92 mins, TV-G, CC

*A Fistful Of Dollars* (1964) 8:00am

A mysterious stranger plays dueling families against each other in a Mexican border town. Cast: Clint Eastwood, Gian Maria Volonte, Marianne Koch. Dir: Sergio Leone. C-100 mins, TV-14, CC, Letterbox Format

*For a Few Dollars More* (1965) 9:45am

Two bounty hunters join forces to bring an outlaw to justice. Cast: Clint Eastwood, Lee Van Cleef, Gian Maria Volonte. Dir: Sergio Leone. C-132 mins, TV-14, CC, Letterbox Format

*The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly* (1966) 12:00pm

Three men seek hidden loot during the Civil War. Cast: Clint Eastwood, Eli Wallach, Lee Van Cleef. Dir: Sergio Leone. C-163 mins, TV-14, CC, Letterbox Format

*Hang 'Em High* (1968) 3:00pm

A mysterious drifter survives a lynching then goes back for revenge. Cast: Clint Eastwood, Ed Begley, Inger Stevens. Dir: Ted Post. C-115 mins, TV-14, CC, Letterbox Format

*Where Eagles Dare* (1969) 5:00pm

An Allied team sets out to free an American officer held by the Nazis in a mountaintop castle. Cast: Richard Burton, Clint Eastwood, Mary Ure. Dir: Brian G. Hutton. C-155 mins, TV-14, CC, Letterbox Format

*Kelly's Heroes* (1970) 8:00pm

An American platoon tries to recover buried treasure behind enemy lines. Cast: Clint Eastwood, Telly Savalas, Donald Sutherland. Dir: Brian G. Hutton. C-144 mins, TV-14, CC, Letterbox Format, DVS

*The Eastwood Factor* (2010) 10:30pm

*Dirty Harry* (1971) 12:15am

A maverick San Francisco cop tracks down a deranged sniper. Cast: Clint Eastwood, Harry Guardino, Andrew Robinson. Dir: Don Siegel. C-102 mins, TV-14

*Magnum Force* (1973) 2:00am

A maverick San Francisco police detective hunts down a band of vigilante cops. Cast: Clint Eastwood, Hal Holbrook, David Soul. Dir: Ted Post. C-124 mins, TV-14

*The Eastwood Factor* (2010) 4:15am