Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm glad 30 Days of Oscar is about to end

I'm ready for Silent Sunday Night and the pre-code movies. A lot of the nominated films aren't any good. Like that awful Greatest Show On Earth and the original Cimmeron. I'd like to see those early Cary Grant movies they advertise for sale be shown.

I thought I wouldn't watch or tape nearly as many films this month, but the backlog of tapes seems just as large as ever. Some terrific TCM premieres in February, such as Seconds, Kitty, The Snake Pit, and Alexander's Ragtime Band.

I agree, usually. However I did watch many of the movies this time around!! =) I missed the Snake Pit! No way! I am bummed about that. But I loved Alexanders Rag Time Band and was so happy they aired it.

Ah, there is always a new generation of young folk just discovering some of these films (and the stories behind them). 31 Days of Oscar is a great way each year for newbies to see a good batch of nominees and winners in one concentrated period.

If there's anything I miss it's the old practice of the graphics intro showing what nominations/wins the film received. Maybe next year...

Yeah, why did they stop doing that. That really irks me (the lack of nominations listed) Too expensive for graphics? RO doesnt always say all the categories (or people involved) in his intros.....

I don't mind having "31 days", I just wish they'd not show a movie that was shown just a few weeks before. There should be a 2-3 month.

I also wish I knew why, when I try to post a message, I get errors and have to jump out/in the internet and repost.

I like the 31 Days of Oscar (and also Summer Under the Stars). It's a time for getting the very best of Hollywood's past all day long. I think it is also probably the time when TCM gets more new viewers than any other, and that's a good thing.

I also missed the nominations and/or wins earned by the movies being listed ahead of the movie. What happened? We want to know why a movie is being shown. Is it for writing, song, acting, or other? I hope they go back to it next year.

I too am glad it's over. I think part of the problem is that frequently the Academy makes the wrong choice, in addition to that, I've seen most of them anyway & am now ready for some new stuff. I also would have liked to know what the particular films got the award for.

They havent listed the awards and nominations for about 3 years now. Dunno why they stopped doing it. I really dont care about the linking up of actors like they did this year.......I'd prefer grouping films by categories.......