Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Since a prolific poster seems to take pleasure in jumping the gun on a longtime member who starts all of one thread a month when the new schedule arrives, I thought I'd jump the gun on the prolific poster. :-)

> {quote:title=JarrodMcDonald wrote:}{quote}

> It's a bit early to be posting this thread. It seems snarky and counter-productive to a positive posting environment. There's a word behind this...how do you spell it? Oh yeah. J-E-A-L-O-U-S.

I don't believe this thread is counter-productive. The currently existing May schedule thread was the third of three threads posted about the May schedule before the schedule had been listed. The only thing "counter-productive" in any of the three threads was how antsy posters got because the schedule hadn't been listed yet.

This current June (and the July thread, too) give everyone here a chance to share what they would like on it.

Hmmm...I think there's a place specifically designed for suggestions. This is not it. The thread was started because the OP was annoyed that someone else had begun those other threads. Let's be honest here.

You're putting a more positive spin on it, and that is appreciated.

It's OK Jarrod - they say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

As for the May schedule thread, I started it about 10 minutes before midnight on the last day of last month, because I was under the illusion that perhaps the new thread would instantly materialize at precisely 12:01am on March 1st.

If someone thinks it's wrong for TCM viewers to get excited about the movies that TCM has programmed, well, I'm sorry.

*...because I was under the illusion that perhaps the new thread would instantly materialize at precisely 12:01am on March 1st.* - HGolytely

No, you've been trying to usurp poor classicstarletsfan for months by getting the announcement out before her. Ever since I've been here, she starts one thread a month. How about you? Give her her one thread. Your name doesn't have to be on every single thread.

Who cares who starts the thread? We can just enjoy the discussion whether a thread was started by Person A or Person B. To start fighting over whether someone has a "right" to a certain subject seems really a bit petty, imho. "Usurpation" is a word normally used only in legal or constitutional issues, hardly the kind of stuff you're really concerned about.

This space should be about all of us coming together around a shared interest, not about petty turf battles.

I'm sorry you felt it necessary to post an OP with such a spiteful ring to it, I really don't think that was called for, but if that's how you felt about it....

*J-E-A-L-O-U-S.* - DM

Uhhhhh, jealous that I have neither the time nor the interest in posting 40-50 times a day? No. Jealous that I don't see my name in print at the start of nearly every thread here? No. Jealous that my snarky comments are always deleted, and a couple of other posters' snarky comments aren't? No, just PO'd.

Let classicstarletsfan have her schedule announcement threads back.

Why does there have to be such a sense of entitlement, patful? IMHO, it doesn't really matter who starts the thread. If someone sees something that hasn't been posted by anyone, why not let that person start the discussion? How does it really affect anyone whether the thread has this username, or that username, these are just rather meaningless issues, imho.

*Who cares who starts the thread?* - HG

classicstarletsfan does. She enjoys it. And she's been doing it since I've been here. I enjoy reading her one surprise post each month.

And why was yours left alone, while all the others were locked?

I don't see why it even matters... the discussion can still take place, whether it's Person A or Person B or Person C starting the thread. What's special is that a new schedule is ready, and I think most people here are going to be more concerned about what the movies are which are going to be playing, rather than who starts the thread.

*If someone sees something that hasn't been posted by anyone, why not let that person start the discussion?* - HG

Ah, but the schedule wasn't even out yet, and you asked for a discussion about it? Really? We already had several other threads doing the same thing. Seems to me you were just too impatient to beat classicstarletsfan and get your name on the thread.

Again, why was your thread left alone?

> {quote:title=patful wrote:}{quote}

> *

> And why was yours left alone, while all the others were locked?

Probably because her thread had the most replies. And really who cares who starts a thread. You don't get any prize for doing so. In the end we should all just be happy that the schedule is out.

patful,

I'm sorry that you are upset that your friend didn't start a thread that you wanted her to start. Really, I am. But now it seems you are trying to control others just to benefit your friend. If whenever the schedule comes up your friend is not around, or doesn't see it, I'm sure someone is likely to notice it and start a thread about it - it could be someone else, entirely.

Again, I ask you: where does the sense of entitlement come from? Why do you feel some people should be entitled to have everyone in the forums wait until they get ready to post on a certain subject? Why not simply let whomever sees it first post the thing? I don't have a problem with that. I don't care much if it's your friend, or me, or someone else altogether.

> {quote:title=Kinokima wrote:}{quote}

> > {quote:title=patful wrote:}{quote}

> > *

> > And why was yours left alone, while all the others were locked?

>

>

> Probably because her thread had the most replies. And really who cares who starts a thread. You don't get any prize for doing so. In the end we should all just be happy that the schedule is out.

Thank you, Kinokima - you said it much better than I could. :)

*Probably because her thread had the most replies.* - Kinokima

Actually, the most replies about the new schedule were in the locked thread. Most of the replies in HG's were five pages of jokes and griping.

*In the end we should all just be happy that the schedule is out.*

I am, and I love the new schedule. However, my comments about it are now locked. Will the programming staff see them? No.

*Why not simply let whomever sees it first post the thing?* - HG

That's fine, but you didn't see it. She did.

By your logic, my two threads should be the official new schedule threads. I certainly hope not.

Off to watch Lauren Bacall...

Edited by: patful on Mar 4, 2010 6:58 PM

....After the WebAdmin had already asked everyone to please post their comments to the existing thread... but yet many people choose not to do as the WebAdmins say. Whose fault is that?

Look, if it's going to be this month after month, then I maybe the WebAdmins should simply say they're the only ones who can start the thread about the most recently-announced schedule.

> By your logic, my two threads should be the official new schedule threads. I certainly hope not.

No, that's not the logic of it. The existing thread was created just minutes before the start of March 1st on the East coast, where TCM is based. There was a very reasonable expectation that the thread, which was uncommonly late, might be up on the website within minutes, or maybe a couple of hours at most.

You're starting threads _days or even weeks_ before any reasonable person would expect TCM to release either the June or July schedules.

> {quote:title=patful wrote:}{quote}

>

> Actually, the most replies about the new schedule were in the locked thread. Most of the replies in HG's were five pages of jokes and griping.

>

Well if you were wondering why a thread was locked then perhaps you should have sent a private message to the admin who did so and asked the reason?

Your tone is very accusatory against HG just for posting a thread someone else usually posts. So this person can post the schedule next month or maybe someone entirely different will. I don't really see the harm that has been done here. It's just a post.

Hello

This thread is being locked. This is not a place to vent or harass other members about their threads or the status of their thread. If there is a concern please private message the admin and we will take care of it.

Thank you