Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Between Two Worlds black out??!!

Did anyone else notice a black out signal about 18 minutes in on today's showing of Between Two Worlds? I've been waiting for this film to air again because I missed it last time and I get a several minute blackout!!!

I didn't record it today (already have it) so I can't check, but I happened to watched about the first 35-40 minutes from DirecTV and it was OK. I could have missed a few seconds, but anything longer than that I would have noticed. It might have been an issue with your cable system.

At least, it's not a film that's rarely shown on TCM. Seems like it makes the schedule at least a couple of times a year.

And it was the best part of the movie too. Garfield even mentions your board name Toddfan and something about "won't ever be able to see this." I thought it odd and out of place at the time but now I understand.

The broadcast of *Between Two Worlds* (1944) on Time Warner digital cable in upstate New York did appear to have a glitch in transmission for a few minutes of this movie the other day. As Markfp pointed out, this film does pop up on the TCM schedule periodically.

Although it may not be the ideal way to see this movie, you can see it on youtube, beginning [here|http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6AP4Mc4wWs] . Perhaps you would like to see the segment you missed there.

What a soaring Max Steiner score was featured in this movie!

> {quote:title=moirafinnie6 wrote:}{quote}

> The broadcast of *Between Two Worlds* (1944) on Time Warner digital cable in upstate New York did appear to have a glitch in transmission for a few minutes of this movie the other day. As Markfp pointed out, this film does pop up on the TCM schedule periodically.

>

> Although it may not be the ideal way to see this movie, you can see it on youtube, beginning [here|http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6AP4Mc4wWs] . Perhaps you would like to see the segment you missed there.

>

> What a soaring Max Steiner score was featured in this movie!

The problem lasted for about four minutes, beginning about 53 minutes in. Happily we didn't miss any Sydney Greenstreet!

Time Warner New York in Queens also experienced this at the 55 minute mark (I have only just checked my own DVR of the print-- sorry for the tardy reply to this). What was experienced was a frozen blocky frame for about five minutes followed by about 4 minutes of NO AUDIO! Very frustrating! Was this a satellite glitch affecting a wide swath of customers?