Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

quietman.jpg

WOO HOO!!!!! (yes folks... she CAN be taught!! ha) Ms Favell.. your lovely cupcake was an EXCELLENT motivator.. ha. I have not had lunch (OR breakfast) so it will hit the spot!! ha. (But as you can see.. the crowd has already started forming.. these guys look hungry too!!)

Edited by: rohanaka on Mar 10, 2010 1:58 PM

I don't know about that. If it tastes anything like moonshine of the American variety, it

might be one of those acquired tastes. Proceed with caution. :D. Welsh rarebit/rabbit.

Various ingredients in melted cheese served hot on toast. Sure sounds better than

corned beef and cabbage. But what doesn't? Gotta run.

> {quote:title=sineaste wrote:}{quote}

> I don't know about that. If it tastes anything like moonshine of the American variety, it might be one of those acquired tastes. Proceed with caution. :D.

Well, I wouldn't proceed any other way. ;)

> Various ingredients in melted cheese served hot on toast. Sure sounds better than corned beef and cabbage. But what doesn't? Gotta run.

Hey, that might actually hit the spot! :)

Ro and MissG,

In the *Quiet Man*, there is a supporting player, a good looking actor with lots of thick dark hair who hangs out in the pub a lot.

What's the actor's name?

He's Charles B. Fitzsimons. His taller partner in crime is Sean McClory according to the caption at Getty. He's also Maureen O'Hara's brother!

I've always been curious about them too.

I like Ford's second stringers... it takes a while to notice them, but when you do it's a delight, because they add SO much to his movies.

Edited by: JackFavell on Mar 10, 2010 4:05 PM because he's Maureen O'Hara's brother!

oop... Jackie.. you beat me to it.. ha. (I was pretty sure that was who Ms Cutter was referring to. I did not know the name of his cohort..ha.. but I knew one of them was FitzSimons... and also related to sweet Maureen.... I think one of her other brothers played Father Paul as well)

PS: Ladies... re the pic I posted earlier... ha. I love it too.. It was in my photobucket, and am not sure where it came from exactly.. but I likely swiped it from one of you! :D ha.

> {quote:title=rohanaka wrote:}{quote}

> oop... Jackie.. you beat me to it.. ha. (I was pretty sure that was who Ms Cutter was referring to. I did not know the name of his cohort..ha.. but I knew one of them was FitzSimons... and also related to sweet Maureen.... I think one of her other brothers played Father Paul as well)

>

> PS: Ladies... re the pic I posted earlier... ha. I love it too.. It was in my photobucket, and am not sure where it came from exactly.. but I likely swiped it from one of you! :D ha.

I'm sorry Ro. It's so funny because I just found these photos a lttle while ago and was waiting for a chance to use them. You can take back my candy if you want.... :)

You can take back my candy if you want....

NO way, little darlin'. You can have all the candy you want. (plus.. if I took back you candy.. you might ask me for that cupcake..ha... and it is LONG gone..ha.) No harm done, little miss.. It is just such a crack up that we seem to post at the same time.. ha. We must be having those "pyschic" sister connections. HA!! :-)

As I recall the whole TQM cast was like one big family reunion w/ all of those Duke kids.. and Maureen and her brothers.. John and Francis Ford.. and then you have Arthur Shields and Barry Fitzgerald... good golly... imagine all the Hollywood sibling rivaly.. ha. (Just kidding, ha... I bet they had a blast!) :-)

You know, it's true! I seem to remember something about Wayne bringing his entire family.... you probably told me that. Anyway, I didn't realize that O'Hara's other brother played father Paul...thanks for that info!

I still think we should have a Quiet Man get together ourselves - all our families, then we can act goofy and say all the lines of the movie, but in Cong! But DON'T drag me through the sheep field....

What a good looking brood the O'Hara's had. I wonder what this generation (their grandkids) looks like? It's funny how Patrick Wayne kind of looks like the FitzSimons boys, almost like they were related!

you probably told me that

Ha.. If I did, I likely learned it from Miss G!!! (ha.. what little I have learned on my own, in the way of movie facts etc, you could fit in a thimble and still have plenty of room to spin it around. ha.)

still think we should have a Quiet Man get together ourselves - all our families, then we can act goofy and say all the lines of the movie, but in Cong! But DON'T drag me through the sheep field....

HA!!!! Now wouldn't it be fun if we could add that stop on our whirlwind "Ford Country" tour. That would be a dream come true.. ha. And I am with you on the sheep field... ha. I am such a whiner.. ha. would have to wear some sort of hazmat suit before I'd let anyone drag me through that stuff!!! ha.

That Mary Kate was one tough cookie!!! :-)

PS: Patrick Wayne

Ha... now you gals have got me all curious.. ha. I never noticed that before. I will have to go look at a picture of the two of them side by side... ha.

> I don't know about that. If it tastes anything like moonshine of the American variety, it

> might be one of those acquired tastes. Proceed with caution. :D. Welsh rarebit/rabbit.

> Various ingredients in melted cheese served hot on toast. Sure sounds better than

> corned beef and cabbage. But what doesn't? Gotta run.

Hum. . . sounds a bit like aquavit=wormwood alcohol. Doesn't that sound tasty? They drink it in Sweden, where they know "a ting or two" about loneliness, frustration, missed opportunities, dark nights of the soul, and blue-eyed blondes. But this is about St Paddy's Day, soooo. . . .

Welsh rarebit - easy way- Doctor-up the condensed Golden Cheddar soup with Beer (yum), add just pinch of your favorite spice (chili powder here) and a little pepper. Do not pour over the toast, but add seasoned croutons. Top with fine shred cheddar cheese. Here in the thawing North, a local supermarket carries an excellent Beer Cheese soup in the frozen foods section. That's what I prefer now. The Funny thing is, it is one recipe I could not make less expensive from scratch. I did make Beer Cheese soup from scratch once; ingredients cost $8.37!

Edited by: casablancalover on Mar 10, 2010 8:01 PM

Chocolate%20Rabbit.jpg

Well, look who showed up on the net. If my eyes don't deceive me,

it's my old buddy Parsnip Pete.

After prolonged exposure to the cheery and life-affirming cinema of Ingmar Bergman,

well of course the Swedes might be a little more melancholic than average. Probably

sad drunks, unlike their happier Irish cousins. Wormwood absinthe is making a

comeback too. It was banned for many years, but just recently, under certain conditions,

is legal once more. One drink, one more, and then another...but remember kiddies, moderation

in most things.

I'm not much of a cook, but your recipe sounds very appetizing. I love just about any kind

of cheese, so it's hard to go wrong there. But my favorite rabbit is of the chocolate variety,

and they're out on the shelves already. Yum.

> Chocolate%20Rabbit.jpg

> Well, look who showed up on the net. If my eyes don't deceive me,

> it's Parsnip Pete.

That looks so yummy!! :D

Beer cheese soup also sounds pretty yummy right now, actually. And although it's not an Irish dish, it even makes me think of my beloved fondu?, a delicacy that always brings a smile to my face.

Any Yeats for tonight, cineaste? :)

Yes, that's Pete. I'd recognize that yellow ribbon anywhere. He's a nice down to earth

chocolate everybunny, not like that snobby The Professor.

Willie has earned a well-deserved rest for today. But to paraphrase that vixen from Tara,

Tomorrow is another Green Day. Ouch.

> Yes, that's Pete. I'd recognize that yellow ribbon anywhere. He's a nice down to earth

> chocolate everybunny, not like that snobby The Professor.

Which one is the Professor? I love that his name is Pete. Not Pepto-Bismol, which my aunt would say should be the name of all Chocolate Lapins.. The ears are tender, btw.

> Willie has earned a well-deserved rest for today. But to paraphrase that vixen from Tara,

> Tomorrow is another Green Day. Ouch.

Hey, that belongs in Cliche Lines... lol..