Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

> {quote:title=casablancalover wrote:}{quote}

> Me, I'm holding out for Hail the Conquering Hero tomorrow.

> Did you ever see Matinee ? It does a better job at those "Them" movies (there's was titled Mant! ) and it has sort of spoiled it for me, unless I can get a group together for live riffing..

I haven't seen HTCH in a while, don't know if I can catch it tomorrow. The tone is a little more

serious than The Miracle of Morgan's Creek. I've never seen Matinee. Sounds interesting.

The best part of Them! was the first half-hour in the New Mexico desert. For some reason

that unusual setting enhanced the spookiness of the story. After that, it was more of a routine

We've got to find a way to destroy the monsters picture.

I don't know about that. I'm a fussy eater, Irish or not, but the upside down Guinness

Sunrise looks tasty, as is Bailey's with a touch of milk. #3 looks like what happened

to the ants in Them! last night.

I ate at the local restaurant last night and they had a sing on the door Corn Beef and

Cabbage $9.99. $9.99? I wouldn't eat that if you paid me $99.99. Think I'll check

out The Big Heat. Haven't seen it in a long time. May your coffee always be merely

warm.

> {quote:title=sineaste wrote:}{quote}

> I don't know about that. I'm a fussy eater, Irish or not, but the upside down Guinness

> Sunrise looks tasty, as is Bailey's with a touch of milk.

It's popular at some of the pubs in Mpls/St Paul, where they serve Guinness and Harps. Most call it a black & tan. Still prefer my Bailey's and Kahlua..

>#3 looks like what happened

> to the ants in Them! last night.

Let's see, #6 through # whatever is the many faces of corned beef and cabbage or soda bread.

> I ate at the local restaurant last night and they had a sing on the door Corn Beef and

> Cabbage $9.99. $9.99? I wouldn't eat that if you paid me $99.99.

I dunno, maybe it's not very pretty, but for 99.99 I would even Chew and Swallow. I'm an enterprising woman.

>Think I'll check out The Big Heat. Haven't seen it in a long time.

Sweet dreams, to me. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

> {quote:title=cinemafan wrote:}{quote}

> They had the St. Pat's Day parade in my town today. I thought I spotted these guys in the stands.

> Cagney.jpg

Ha! If I saw those guys in the stands... I would be sitting in their laps!

> {quote:title=JackFavell wrote:}{quote}

> > {quote:title=cinemafan wrote:}{quote}

> > They had the St. Pat's Day parade in my town today. I thought I spotted these guys in the stands.

> > Cagney.jpg

>

> Ha! If I saw those guys in the stands... I would be sitting in their laps!

Here's your competition. Good Luck!

stpaddyse.jpg

> {quote:title=audreyforever wrote:}{quote}

> > {quote:title=HollywoodGolightly wrote:}{quote}

> > I always liked Frank McHugh! :x

>

> He was always next to one of those tough guys in the Gangster Pictures of the 30's. He was so hilarious in Bullets or Ballots !

I know, totally! :D

I also liked him in The Irish in Us