Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic: Favorite Classic TV Shows?

...or maybe it's some long-forgotten Swinging London fashion, gloves matching the

belt, or perhaps Tara King is a little bit...kinky. Or...well, one should always consult a

medical professional.

While The Avengers was the name of the series, the look and tone of the series

changed from Honor Blackman to Diana Rigg to Linda Thorson. I'm mostly familiar with

the Rigg and Thorson episodes, and while I prefer the former to the latter, both are

entertaining in their own way. As with so many other things, it's a matter of personal taste.

It took me a while before I could figure out if Mother's attendant was a man or a woman.

It was a woman, I think.

I can?t believe it but I found a CD pack with 8 episodes of the original Lone Ranger TV show and 8 of Stories of the Century, another Western which starred Jim Davis and won an Emmy. This was the real find as I remembered this show and liked it but had no idea it was so well regarded. There are some good actors like Richard Webb and Lee Van Cleef in the episodes. Anybody else remember this or Davis?s other pre-Dallas show, Rescue 8 which was 10 or 12 years ahead of Emergency and based on true stories?

The Lone Ranger and The Cisco Kid with Duncan Renaldo were on all the time when I was a kid. I don't think these kinds of show reruns are available for kids to just discover anymore. That's sad.

Jay Sliverheels is still a favorite of mine. He was wonderful. :x

Jack and primo: RTV has been running The Cisco Kid in the mornings and that?s been fun seeing them again although it seemed strange to not have the Sunbeam Bread ads in between. As old as they are, they?re not bad.

Clayton Moore and Jay Silverheels were a voice coach?s dream team. I can always spot them by sound before I see faces. Moore was a villain in many old movies and serials before TLR and Silverheels appeared in many different Indian costumes-the long-haired Geronimo in Broken Arrow comes to mind-but you can never escape those voices.

ooooh man!! Now I'm upset. No New York affiliate for my stupid Time Warner cable. Ding dang!!!

It looks like what TVLand was SUPPOSED to be but abandoned.

Oh, if I had that network I seriously would NEVER get out of the house. :D

Me neither! Ellery Queen.... I loved that show, with Jim Hutton and David Wayne.......and I remember the opening of that show, Loredo, I don't know why, we never watched westerns.

And check out Darren McGavin as Mickey Spillane.... he is adorable!

I'm glad I was able to introduce you all to Retro and apologize for not realizing that not everybody had access to it.

JackFavell: I agree that dated and sexist as it sometimes is, Darren McGavin's Mike Hammer is a lot better than the one Stacy Keatch did 20 years later. That one really was offensive. Mr. McG's Mike had a sense of humor that Keatch never really got down. The ladies could act as most of them proved when they became stars.

I've actually never seen the Darren McG version... and I never watched the Stacy Keach one. I'm embarrassed to say that I was just commenting on how young and cute Mr. McG was in that photo they showed on the Retro website. :)

Oooooh. That one is WAAAY cuter than my little rubber one! I just want to snuggle up to that one!

Vermont Country store IS dangerous. I get those catalogs at Christmastime and it's all I can do not to order everything in it. Well, maybe I'm not ready for frownies yet.... :D

> Vermont Country store IS dangerous. I get those catalogs at Christmastime and it's all I can do not to order everything in it. Well, maybe I'm not ready for frownies yet.... :D

I've seen "Frownies" here in some of the drug stores in NYC.

That website even had a Mrs Beasley doll from "Family Affair"!

http://www.vermontcountrystore.com/browse/Home/Toys/Dolls/Mrs-Beasley-Doll/D/30100/P/1:100:10370:101235/I/f08048?evar3=BROWSE

And look!

http://www.vermontcountrystore.com/browse/Home/Toys/Toys/John-Wayne-and-Dollor/D/30100/P/1:100:10370:101250/I/f53456?evar3=BROWSE

Edited by: MissGoddess on Apr 18, 2010 6:51 PM

"You Hoo, it's me, my name is Pinky Lee".

He was a vaudeville comedian who dressed in a Pee Wee Herman type suit and Boler hat, both way too small and danced across the stage in front of a stadium box of kids. Funny songs and skits the show's main content. He had a heart attack in the middle of one show, came back, but the show was never the same again.

I remember the Darren McG series vaguely . What I do remember was that he could not use a Colt.45, which was what Mike Hammer used in his books, he had to use a snub nose .38 and he could not slap around women like Hammer did in the books. The critics hated it but the audiences loved it..

> {quote:title=movieman1957 wrote:}{quote}

> Speaking of Mrs. Beazley. I watched "Family Affair" a bit when I was a kid and I always wanted to punch Johnnie Whitaker in the mouth. I never saw a more whiny kid in my life.

Yikes! Wow, movieman! :D

I love "Family Affair" and have all five seasons on DVD. I just think the kids are adorable. It's the kids in shows today I want to punch in the mouth, or rather, posterior. I rented a show the other day called "Wild at Heart", all about a family who move form England to Africa to take care of animals (the dad's a vet). I thought I'd really like it but then the kids annoyed me so much with their bad attitude I shut it off and returned the disc without finishing it.