Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic: Favorite Classic TV Shows?

I wonder if the panel with the pistols has a secret well-stocked bar behind it.

I just remember a little bit of Marblestone Manor, the one season show

Linda was in in the late 1980s. She was still in very fine form.

There were only two I remember at all - Man in a Suitcase, which I know my parents watched. I think it was a sort of Patrick McGoohan type show. The other I don't remember the show at all, but the theme was very familiar - the one from Suspense Theatre.

And I'm sorry, but Norman Fell is just plain funny. I have no idea if his character was supposed to be funny or not, but he made me giggle with his look in that clip!

I've only ever heard of "Amos Burke." Looking at "Man In A Suitcase" I thought it might have ties to a British production. In addition to Norman Rossington, who played The Beatles agent in "A Hard Day's Night" it also listed the Second Unit Director as John Glen. He only went on to direct James Bond films.

For those of you who get Encore Westerns they're bringing back Lawman starting on July 1st at 9:00AM EST. This was Peter Brown's frist series and let John Russell play the hero for a change after getting killed off by all the other Warner Western stars on their shows. I remember liking it and am curious to see what I think now.

> {quote:title=wouldbestar wrote:}{quote}

> For those of you who get Encore Westerns they're bringing back Lawman starting on July 1st at 9:00AM EST. This was Peter Brown's frist series and let John Russell play the hero for a change after getting killed off by all the other Warner Western stars on their shows. I remember liking it and am curious to see what I think now.

Thanks, WBS! I saw maybe one or two episodes of this show only, not enough

to get a feel of it. I'm fascinated by John Russell's cheekbones. :D

For my money John Russell is like Randolph { chorus please } Scott, the embodiment of the ideal cowboy. Tall, Lean , a Gaunt look but still handsome at the same time. Even in his next to last film Eastwoods "Pale Rider" he still had that look, older, but still those chiseled features. I was always a very big fan of his. Nathan Burdette and Marshall Dan Troop, two great roles......

And about as opposite as you can get. Great in both of them and as the Alamo's Dickinson in The Last Command. This one's told from Jim Bowie's viewpoint and is fairly accurate in the way he and the situation that brought him there is portrayed( perfectly by Sterling Hayden).

Actually, Ray Milland had two different TV series. The first was "Meet Mr McNulty" which ran for two seasons. He was a Professor at an all girls college. That ran from '53 to '55.

The second one only lasted one season. That was called "Markham", which he played a lawyer/private eye. Not to many remember it.It ran in'59....

Edited by: fredbaetz on Jun 26, 2010 5:43 PM

I never knew Ray had any TV shows.

I just watched the cutest-ever episode of Bewitched. I haven't watched it in such a long time, and I came across two in a row the other day while laying flat on my back with a bad headache.

It guest starred beloved Charles Lane as a crotchety soup manufacturer who wanted Darrin to work on Christmas Eve. Of course, Sam realizes that he was hurting deep down inside, and took him to meet the real Santa Claus. It was such a wonderful episode - and the last shot of Charles Lane smiling gratefully at Sam brought tears to my eyes. I love Charles Lane so much, he was my first character actor that I ever knew of. It chokes me up even thinking about it right now.....sorry to interrupt.

Does anyone remember The Rogues, from 1964, starring David Niven, Charles Boyer, Gig Young, Gladys Cooper? They were successful con men, and now would only con bad people to correct wrongs they had done, for people who needed help. It only lasted a season, but it was clever and well-written. I loved it.

> {quote:title=fredbaetz wrote:}{quote}

> Actually, Ray Milland had two different TV series. The first was "Meet Mr McNulty" which ran for two seasons. He was a Professor at an all girls college. That ran from '53 to '55.

> The second one only lasted one season. That was called "Markham", which he played a lawyer/private eye. Not to many remember it.It ran in'59....

>

> Edited by: fredbaetz on Jun 26, 2010 5:43 PM

Oh my gosh, fred, Ray had ANOTHER show after that? Thank you so much for this info!

I SAW THAT BEWITCHED EPISODE THIS AFTERNOON! It's one of my favorites! Charles Lane is Scrooge, and Samantha is the Spirit of Christmas. Very touching, especially the last scene, yes! And I like the present Sam gives the real Santa, lol.

I really enjoyed that episode of The Ray Milland Show. Who knew he made forays into television? But being an enterprising performer, he no doubt saw that growing medium as another outlet for his talent. I love him as Professor McNulty!

Headache gone?

Edited by: Bronxgirl48 on Jun 26, 2010 11:44 PM