Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic: Favorite Classic TV Shows?

>

> Yes. I think I was more creeped out by that guy than the giant beetle.

I remember watching that one as a kid and the guy scared me even then. I also remember that it was seeing Joan Embry (also from the San Diego zoo) on this show that made me want to become a zoologist. I even wrote her a letter telling her so and she wrote me back. :)

I think Johnny is in love:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRCnaBN7FNM&feature=related

Oh, I loved Joan! At one point I did want her job, ha! And she was so blonde and pretty, too, not the typical image of a zoologist I thought,

Do you still have her letter?

LOL Did you see the way the orangutan looked at Ed? Great classic, along with the one of the marmoset on Johnny's head.

I remember one with a rooster who didn't crow, and who also used the desk as a bathroom. Johnny wasn't in love then.

Edited by: Bronxgirl48 on Aug 11, 2010 11:03 PM

> {quote:title=Bronxgirl48 wrote:}{quote}

> Oh, I loved Joan! At one point I did want her job, ha! And she was so blonde and pretty, too, not the typical image of a zoologist I thought,

> Do you still have her letter?

>

She was pretty! I think that influenced my decision---I could play with animals and look nice, too. :D

The letter disappeared, I don't think either of my parents kept it. Too bad.

> LOL Did you see the way the orangutan looked at Ed? Great classic, along with the one of the marmoset on Johnny's head.

>

Yes, I was laughing so hard. I need to get one of those Johnny Carson box sets.

> I remember one with a rooster who didn't crow, and who also used the desk as a bathroom. Johnny wasn't in love then.

>

Lol!! I think pooping on Johnny happened a couple of times. Half the fun is Johnny's reactions. He really was one of the best reactors in the business.

Yes, there was a good discussion of Ernie several pages back but it's good to see how many fans he has. I admit I've only seen a couple of his shows on YouTube recently. Before that, I only knew him from a couple of movie appearances.

A Carson boxed set sounds good to me. When I think of what passes for talk show hosts today, I want to scream.

Remember the one with Johnny and the giant snake? I don't think I could upload that one, LOL.

> {quote:title=Bronxgirl48 wrote:}{quote}

> A Carson boxed set sounds good to me. When I think of what passes for talk show hosts today, I want to scream.

>

I literally cannot watch them.

> Remember the one with Johnny and the giant snake? I don't think I could upload that one, LOL.

Oh my, yes, ha!! I don't think I ever saw Johnny so....um....disconcerted. :D

> {quote:title=MissGoddess wrote:}{quote}

> Hysterical!

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqbBy_JxrK4&feature=related

hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Haven't seen this one in ages -- oh my goodess...my sides are hurting...."Where is he from? Obviously a deeply disturbed country". Aww, yes, the wee marmoset. I love the way Ed takes his digs: "He likes grey".

>

> Here's the Myna....I love the "wolf" impression:

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtHz10AbF5E&feature=related

This is a priceless one!!! "A bird calling a cat, that's a gutsy bird!" I love the wolf, too, LOL. Ahh, Johnny, Johnny, you were the BEST.

Edited by: Bronxgirl48 on Aug 12, 2010 10:07 PM

I don't think anyone understood the possibalities of TV and what could be done with it better then Ernie Kovacs.His genius helped pave the way for shows like Laugh-in, Monty Python just to name a few.What he was able to accomplish with TV in its infancy was amazing. So sad he left way to soon.....

> {quote:title=fredbaetz wrote:}{quote}

> I don't think anyone understood the possibalities of TV and what could be done with it better then Ernie Kovacs.His genius helped pave the way for shows like Laugh-in, Monty Python just to name a few.What he was able to accomplish with TV in its infancy was amazing. So sad he left way to soon.....

I'll second that. Kovacs was a true genius.

How about That Was the Week That Was, aka TW3 to its fans. It made David Frost.

Does anyone remember PBS' The Great American Dream Machine, with Marshall Ephron? That was a favorite of mine.

This is for rohanaka

HAAAA!!!!!!!! Love that Hoss!!!! :D THANK you so much, Miss G!!!!!!!!! :D I love that episode!!!! It is one of my all time faves for that show for sure!! Thanks for thinking of me, little darlin! I can't hardly wait... I was not able to watch the whole thing yet.. but hope to get to see it in the next few days!! I really need a smile right about now... thanks again!!! :D

> {quote:title=rohanaka wrote:}{quote}

> This is for rohanaka

>

> HAAAA!!!!!!!! Love that Hoss!!!! :D THANK you so much, Miss G!!!!!!!!! :D I love that episode!!!! It is one of my all time faves for that show for sure!! Thanks for thinking of me, little darlin! I can't hardly wait... I was not able to watch the whole thing yet.. but hope to get to see it in the next few days!! I really need a smile right about now... thanks again!!! :D

You're very welcome. I hope it does bring a smile. :)

"AS GOD IS MY WITNESS, I THOUGHT TURKEYS COULD FLY! " Television has never been funnier before or since Arthur uttered those immortal words while turkey dung and feathers dropped off of him. WKRP was one of my favorites as well.

For a surreal moment I take you back to Sunday morning. We are between services. Five guys in the band (including me) talking about nothing in particular when somebody makes a reference to the Tin Man. It leads another friend to tell the first that he was originally to be played by Buddy Ebsen. Another reminds him that he was in "The Beverly Hillbilles" and at that moment we all start doing the theme song for the show. I wondered if the folks coming in could hear us and if they did if they had as much fun as we did. (Yes, we got through the whole thing before we lost control.)

At the end I told them we would do "Green Acres" next time.