Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic: Favorite Classic TV Shows?

Hi Duchess!

> No, Yvette's character lived to a ripe old age and looked like Rose from The Golden Girls.

>

> What? They killed off Little Joe? That's how much I know about Bonanza.

> >

Glad to hear about Yvette. No, they didn't kill off little Joe, just his fiancee (at least one of them).

> I love anthology shows, I just love the NAME "anthology". It sounds so literate and "quaint". Oh, and I'm a big Quinn Martin fan too! Epilogue! Hey, remember The Invaders? With Roy Thinnes? The aliens could be recognized because of their fingers...

>

I love the anthology shows, too; I recently added another one to my queue, "The Barbara Stanwyc Show", which I've never seen. Nor have I seen "The Invaders"! So did the aliens lack thumbs, like the walnuts in The DVD Show?

>

> Oh my goodness, ha! Diahann is so gorgeous and classy, but that show wasn't too terrific....kind of boring, really, although I guess the producers thought they were breaking new ground. I always fell asleep when it was on, like I did with The Doris Day Show. (it seemed Doris had a different outfit every ten seconds, and she had this spectacular apartment in San Francisco even though she was if I remember correctly "just" a secretary)

> >

I never saw Doris' show. I get what you mean about "Julie", just based on what I've seen.

> {quote:title=FrankGrimes wrote:}{quote}

> Hola, That Snippy Girl.

>

> These are the shows that I like (and have watched) the most, not including Saturday morning cartoons and shows (The Baseball Bunch) or soaps, like General Hospital.

>

YOU Watched soaps like "General Hospital"????????????????????????

My mom on rare occasion would watch "All My Children" just to see Erika.

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBm59_FzNv4

>

Another I never heard of, though I remember seeing Pete Rose occasionally guest star on different shows.

> 1. The Simpsons

> 2. Three's Company

> 3. Batman

> 4. The Dukes of Hazzard

> 5. Bosom Buddies

> 6. The X-Files

> 7. Alfred Hitchcock Presents

> 8. Mystery Science Theater 3000

> 9. Police Squad!

> 10. The Phil Silvers Show

> 11. Rawhide

> 12. Mission: Impossible

> 13. Gunsmoke

> 14. The Jeffersons

> 15. The White Shadow

> 16. Twin Peaks

> 17. The Twilight Zone

> 18. Futurama

> 19. Sanford & Son

> 20. Charles in Charge

> 21. Magnum P.I.

> 22. Gilligan's Island

> 23. All in the Family

> 24. M*A*S*H

> 25. The Monkees

> 26. Happy Days

> 27. Knight Rider

> 28. WKRP in Cincinnati

> 29. I Dream of Jeannie

> 30. Bewitched

> 31. Growing Pains

> 32. Fantasy Island

> 33. The Love Boat

> 34. Wonder Years

> 35. Mister Ed

> 36. It's Your Move

> 37. Hogan's Heroes

> 38. King of the Hill

> 39. Charlie's Angels

> 40. Cannon

> 41. Mannix

> 42. That Girl

> 43. Parker Lewis Can't Lose

> 44. Wonder Woman

> 45. Alice

> 46. The Brady Bunch

> 47. What's Happening!!

> 48. The Greatest American Hero

> 49. The Fall Guy

> 50. Hart to Hart

> 51. Voyagers!

> 52. Laverne and Shirley

> 53. Petticoat Junction

> 54. Welcome Back, Kotter

> 55. In Living Color

> 56. The Mary Tyler Moore Show

> 57. The A Team

> 58. Square Pegs

> 59. Married with Children

> 60. The Cosby Show

> 61. It's Garry Shandling's Show

> 62. Get a Life

> 63. Diff'rent Strokes

> 64. Silver Spoons

> 65. The Facts of Life

> 66. Gomer Pyle

> 67. Life Goes On

> 68. Valerie's Family (Hogan Family)

> 69. Green Acres

> 70. The Fresh Prince of Bel Air

> 71. Vega$

> 72. CHiPs

> 73. Just the Ten of Us

> 74. Barney Miller

> 75. Green Hornet

You rank The X Files higher than Hitch? And many of those eighties shows I never saw. At least Bewitched and Jeannie made it on. Another military comedy: Gomer Pyle. A couple of rural comedies but no "Andy Griffith Show". Tsk! Tsk!

I've been getting into "Have Gun Will Travel" and even ranked it in my top ten. I think you'd like that one, too.

> {quote:title=JackFavell wrote:}{quote}

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdvSD_lezvM

>

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FlFms3_ltM&feature=related

>

> :(

The American Life Network aired "I Spy" about a year ago but took it off. It was my first look at the show and I really enjoyed it. Culp and Cosby had real chemistry.

I'm running out of steam but will reply to your wonderful post, Maven and the others, too, later.

thanks for all the responses, I can't wait to look for several of these shows I've never seen or heard of. :)

I wonder if anyone remembers *Home Run Derby* - they started showing old episodes here some time ago, but then they stopped. It was amazing watching Ernie Banks and other really great baseball players to see how many runs they could bat in.

As far as eighties shows, I loved *Square Pegs*, *WKRP* and *The Wonder Years*. If you liked *The Wonder Years*, you just might like the new movie called *Diary of a Wimpy Kid*. We saw it last weekend and it was very funny. I wasn't expecting much from it, but it really pleased me. The wimpy kid, Greg Heffley, reminded all the parents of Fred Savage - in a good way.

Edited by: JackFavell on Mar 26, 2010 11:06 AM

> {quote:title=JackFavell wrote:}{quote}

> I wonder if anyone remembers *Home Run Derby* - they started showing old episodes here some time ago, but then they stopped. It was amazing watching Ernie Banks and other really great baseball players to see how many runs they could bat in.

I watched it all the time as a kid. I think ESPN Classic occasionally airs some of the episodes.

Thanks, scsu. I'll have to wade through all the ESPN's to figure out which one is "classic".

I just loved Ernie Banks - he was amazing. I wonder who did the best out of that whole show? I wouldn't be surprised if it was him.

?Mary Ann and her more modern counterpart, Bailey Quarters:? - < JackFavell >

Is she from ?WKRP in Cincinnati?? If so...I thought she was more appealing than Loni Anderson. Good girls rule!!! I don?t remember ?Home Run Derby.? But I do remember ?Bowling for Dollars.?

?Sorry, C.M., didn't mean to slight Topo or Jose. Ed provided a great showcase for comedians too. I remember Nichols and May especially.? - < DougieB >

No worries Dougie. Was just joshin? with ya. Besides, as a pre-teen in 1964, of course I was stoked waiting to see the rock bands and r & b performers. I was especially excited about

seeing THE BEATLES on Ed Sullivan. (At the time I thought George was the cute one...but

peer pressure prevailed and I changed my opinion over to Paul). I even took a picture of THE BEATLES' appearance on Ed Sullivan off of our tv set with my Brownie Starmite camera. Got

a great picture...of the tv set!

Meh! Darn flash!!

*?Bowling for Dollars.?*

Gasp! I haven't thought of that for years! Wow. What a world we lived in.

It's a shame we only have infomercials and all night poker nowadays. Do you suppose kids today will be looking back at the Snuggie and Magic Bullet commercials with fond memories?

Good afternoon, Mrs. Petrie -- YOU Watched soaps like "General Hospital"????????????????????????

Uh-huh. I was big into General Hospital back in the mid-80s until the early-90s. I liked Frisco (Jack Wagner) and Felicia (Kristina Wagner). My mom used to watch it back the late-70s and early-80s when Rick Springfield (Dr. Noah Drake) and John Stamos (****) were on the show.

My mom on rare occasion would watch "All My Children" just to see Erika.

:) Ah, Elke. I also watched The Young and the Restless, As the World Turns, and The Bold and the Beautiful.

You rank The X Files higher than Hitch?

Yes... barely. The X Files was one of the last shows I'd tune in to watch every week. Mulder (David Duchovny) and Scully (Gillian Anderson) were one of the best "couples" I've seen in television or film.

And many of those eighties shows I never saw.

That's when I actually watched television shows, when I was kid. It's easily my favorite era for TV.

At least Bewitched and Jeannie made it on.

Beautiful, fun blondes. :)

Another military comedy: Gomer Pyle.

I liked Sergeant Carter (Frank Sutton).

A couple of rural comedies but no "Andy Griffith Show". Tsk! Tsk!

I've always found that show to be slow and boring. Pettitcoat Junction I get, well...

Lori Saunders! I liked Bea Benaderet, too. I didn't get into those shows until the mid-90s, when TV Land was just launching. I liked Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie because I'd watch them during my summers off from school, back in the 80s. That's how I ended up liking Hogan's Heroes and Gilligan's Island, too.

I remember Nichols and May

I do too. And Allen and Rossi, Stiller and Meara, Rudolf Nureyev, Senor Wences, Mort Sahl.

I enjoyed, even then, all the sarcastic cynical comics*, while biding my time to see the Beatles and The Doors (oh the Doors) and the others from the Invasion British. Or, as Ed intoned, the Beet-uls!

Oh, and as much as I wanted to, I wasn't allowed to scream in place when they came on. I did, however, scream through the entire Hard Days Night when I first saw it. Why? I have *no* idea!!!

Good days to watch television.

FrankGrimes, I admire your memory.

*I hated Topo Gigio and Red Skelton, sorry.

I tried to find a good photo of Bailey with her glasses on, but I couldn't. I think she was much cuter with the glasses.

I never liked Pam Dawber. and I didn't like Mrs. Kotter either.... but Bailey was kind of like me, a smart, shy good girl who was trying her hardest to do a good job. And of course, Mary Ann was great. I always thought she and the Professor would be perfect for each other.

Frank -

I bet you watched Meg Ryan and her boyfriend Steve whatever on As the World Turns.

I remember her! She was very delicate and kind of messed up.

"Delicate and kind of messed up." Wow! You do remember her! Even as a boy, I was drawn to those kind of girls. Sierra (Finn's acting) had a nervousness to her.

And this is how I first knew Anna Lee:

My gosh! Anna Lee was on General Hospital! I had no idea, I never realized she was the same person! I watched it for a short time when I would get home from school, maybe about high school age.

>"Delicate and kind of messed up." Wow! You do remember her! Even as a boy, I was drawn to those kind of girls. Sierra (Finn's acting) had a nervousness to her.

Yes, sort of high strung. She had freckles too I think... this is funny... I don't remember a lot from the soaps, I only watched for a short time, but I do remember her....

She was on an episode of Law and Order once, I think she was really creepy.