Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MissGoddess

Off Topic: Favorite Classic TV Shows?

Professor Irwin Corey, Larry Storch { before "F-Troop} doing stand up on Sullivan and Stiller and Meara {before Ben} on Sullivan.

My gosh! Anna Lee was on General Hospital! I had no idea, I never realized she was the same person! I watched it for a short time when I would get home from school, maybe about high school age.

And I had the exact opposite reaction with Anna. About four years ago, when I first watched Val Lewton, I screamed to myself, "that's Lila Quartermaine!" I was amazed. Now I know Anna from both worlds.

Yes, sort of high strung.

Uh-huh. Panicky and nervous. Ooooooh, I like her.

She was on an episode of Law and Order once, I think she was really creepy.

She was playing you, Creepy? :P:P:P

Actually, I think you're on the high-strung delicate side. Well, delicate when you want to be. :D

And I used to watch Home Run Derby on ESPN back in the early-90s. I absolutely loved it. I used to play home run derby with wiffle ball and tennis ball.

I am high strung, Layne, so don't go breakin my heart.....

and THANKS for the Home Run Derby clip! I hope there are more episodes - it was great watching them in order.... kind of addictive.

I have to flee.... it's an early dismissal at school today....take care.....

I am high strung, Layne, so don't go breakin my heart.

Me? I'm the one who is always gettin' broken!

and THANKS for the Home Run Derby clip! I hope there are more episodes - it was great watching them in order.... kind of addictive.

I love the relaxing feel of the show. I also loved seeing the best in baseball history talking about their counterparts in such a tranquil setting. It's surrealistic, fascinating.

My mom used to watch "As The World Turns." A couple of times a year she was going to NY to kill John Dixon. I used to watch it with her just to make fun of it. She still loves me.

Don't mean to butt in here but I've enjoyed some posts and the Home Run Derby is great.

I am an avid golfer who got hooked on the game from my father and I used to watch this wonderful show every weekend when I was a little fella...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14LHmMMjmRU

You're not butting in a bit, Jake, it's fun reading everyone's favorites. I'm amazed how many programs I've never seen or heard about before.

Yikes, movieman! And that Lisa Hughes O'Hara Hamilton Butler...how many husbands did she have on her own besides somebody else's she didn't steal!

Home run derby is on weekdays at 9:30 am (ET, I think) on ESPN Classic.

That's good because that you tube episode is only half a show, and the rest of it doesn't seem to be available.

Now I have to go see if I get ESPN Classic.

Not to brag or anything, but we are pretty obsessed with women's basketball around here lately.

Sorry for the sports talk. And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming! Good night and may God bless...... :D:D:D

Brought to you by Folgers (it's the richest kind):

>JF wrote:

>Not to brag or anything, but we are pretty obsessed with women's basketball around here lately.

Hi JF,

I enjoy watching the ladies play college softball...I'm a baseball guy and the ladies play an excellent game...

I've always enjoyed watching the ladies play pro tennis over the guys, too...their game is more nuanced and not all power...

Best wishes to you and your family...

>You're not butting in a bit, Jake, it's fun reading everyone's favorites. I'm amazed how many programs I've never seen or heard about before.

Hi Goddess,

Thank you for allowing me to post here and it's been awhile since I spoke to my fellow Gary Cooper fan...

The last time I spoke to you, I wanted to badly see The Hanging Tree before I bowed out...

I did get a bootleg copy to watch and I loved it although it is not nearly as good as what WB would do if it released it...

Coop protecting Elizabeth and killing Frenchy is very satisfying with all the symbols of the hill and his superiority over the town is mesmerizing...

Btw, the clip I posted was of the great Ben Hogan and the great Glenn Ford played him in a movie called Follow The Sun...

I like him much better in Gilda, though...

Best wishes...

Jake

> {quote:title=scsu1975 wrote:}{quote}

> Does anyone remember "Fractured Flickers?" I watched it as a kid. They took film clips (mostly from silents) and inserted crazy dialogue. Hans Conried was the host. Here is a small clip:

I don't think I ever heard of it before, but it definitely seems interesting. :)

> {quote:title=MissGoddess wrote:}{quote}

> Hi Duchess!

>

> > No, Yvette's character lived to a ripe old age and looked like Rose from The Golden Girls.

> >

> > What? They killed off Little Joe? That's how much I know about Bonanza.

> > >

>

> Glad to hear about Yvette. No, they didn't kill off little Joe, just his fiancee (at least one of them).

Actually, Yvette goes on her surfboard once too often.....

I guess if they had killed off hearthrob Little Joe, the network would have been picketed by young females.

>

> > I love anthology shows, I just love the NAME "anthology". It sounds so literate and "quaint". Oh, and I'm a big Quinn Martin fan too! Epilogue! Hey, remember The Invaders? With Roy Thinnes? The aliens could be recognized because of their fingers...

> >

>

> I love the anthology shows, too; I recently added another one to my queue, "The Barbara Stanwyc Show", which I've never seen. Nor have I seen "The Invaders"! So did the aliens lack thumbs, like the walnuts in The DVD Show?

I vaguely remember The Barbara Stanwyck Show although I couldn't tell you a thing about it. (now THAT makes sense)

The aliens in THE INVADERS, among other characteristics (I think they didn't bleed) had crooked fourth fingers. Roy Thinnes had a time every week trying to figure out who was an earthling and who wasn't, but the stories were more human interest drama than pure science fiction in any real sense of the word. And there were the usual wonderful 60's guest stars like Anjanette Comer, Joanne Linville, Lynn Loring (who I think eventually married Thinnes IRL), Richard Anderson,

Fritz Weaver, etc., you know the types.

"

> {quote:title=scsu1975 wrote:}{quote}

> Does anyone remember "Fractured Flickers?" I watched it as a kid. They took film clips (mostly from silents) and inserted crazy dialogue. Hans Conried was the host. Here is a small clip:

>

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxxNu49NjCY

I remember Fractured Flickers, Rich! It was funny, very satiric. Wasn't it produced by the same people who did Rocky and Bullwinkle?

Ended up watching an episode of Alfred Hitchcock Presents from the 1st season called Breakdown. I picked it because not only does it star Joseph Cotten it was one of the episodes directed by Hitchcock.

I thought it was excellent very scary in the sense that you think what if something like that would happen to me. I also loved Hitchcock's closing narration :)

"Imagine if you can, the terror of being inside a television set, knowing that any moment, the viewer may shut you off and being powerless to prevent it. And I go through this every week"

WKRP In Cincinnati was a great show, I loved the whole cast , great interaction between the characters, some really funny episodes during the 4 year run. Unfortunately with the music issue we will probably never get the series put on DVD as originally aired, that is a damned shame. I have had a crush on Bailey for over 30 years, sorry she didn't keep active as an actress over the years. I sincerely hope Jan Smithers is doing well, she apparently had an accident a few years ago (some crazy rumors about the nature of that). Anyone out there have some insight as to how she's doing today?

Do you remember all those WB t.v. shows of the early 60's? 77 Sunset Strip, Hawaiian Eye and Surfside 6? I'm yearning for a good tiki bar.

I loved Lamb Chop and Shari Lewis!

lambchop.jpg

Edited by: Bronxgirl48 on Mar 27, 2010 12:17 AM

"AS God is my witness I though turkeys could fly" Mr. Carlson { Gordon Jump } from WKRP in Cincinnati.

This episode of the show was named by TV Guide as one of the funniest moments in TV history....

This story was based on a radio station in the South in the 1940's that threw live turkeys out of a low flying plane thinking they could fly, at least that's I heard....

Edited by: fredbaetz on Mar 27, 2010 3:39 AM

"Fractured Flickers" was created by Jay Ward and Bill Scott,of the Rocky and Bullwinkle fame, and it's host Hans Conried would intro silent film clips with added crazy dialogue,music and sound effects and guest co- host . This is the only live show Jay Ward ever did. It's available on Amazon .....

"Fractured Fairy Tales" was part of the Rocky and Bullwinkle cartoon shows....

Edited by: fredbaetz on Mar 27, 2010 3:54 AM

> {quote:title=fredbaetz wrote:}{quote}

> "Fractured Flickers" was created by Jay Ward and Bill Scott,of the Rocky and Bullwinkle fame, and it's host Hans Conried would intro silent film clips with added crazy dialogue,music and sound effects and guest co- host . This is the only live show Jay Ward ever did. It's available on Amazon .....

> "Fractured Fairy Tales" was part of the Rocky and Bullwinkle cartoon shows....

Thank you for the explanation, fred. I did watch the Rocky and Bullwinkle shows when I was little, but probably never got to see "Fractured Flickers", so it's good to know it is available on amazon. :D

I loved Lamb Chop and Shari Lewis!

So did I. You mean WPIX, right Bronxgirl48? And of course the shows on WNEW.

Interesting on Fractured Flickers, I don't remember that at all.

Who knew Rocky and Bullwinkle would look like Shakespeare next to American Idol a mere 50 years later?

LambChop......LambChop.....LambChop....the eyelashes....the eyelashes...that face...that face....the eyelashes...that cute voice and little scrunched up face. < Sound familiar? >

Yes I certainly do remember those shows: ( "77 Sunset Strip", "Hawaiian Eye" and "Surfside 6?" ) and the announcer's voice.