Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic: Favorite Classic TV Shows?

>LambChop......LambChop.....LambChop....the eyelashes....the eyelashes...that face...that face....the eyelashes...that cute voice and little scrunched up face. < Sound familiar? >

Ha ha!

I had a rubbery LambChop puppet when I was little, with white hair and a little pink face and drawn on eyelashes, but my mom got rid of it. I was heartbroken.

When I didn't clean up my room (1967) my mother threatened to clean it for me. I didn't believe her.

She did.

Aaaaaaah, The Big Sweep of 1967. She threw away almost all of my little movie memorabilia; Playbills, movie star (Vivien Leigh) obituraries and photos. Some kind Message Board soul

put up a photo of Lee Remick's Playbill for "Wait Until Dark: for me.

I hate to tell you I'm still sore at my mom for that.

I always considered "The Addams Family" light years ahead of "The Munsters". I know they were more popular then Addams,but they seemed to be a normal family that scared people and though they were average. To me "The Addams Family" knew they were different and they accepted it and enjoyed it. I loved the show and Astin and Jones really bought to life the Charles Addams cartoons from the "New Yorker" magazine. The movie cast were great also Raoul and Anjelica were wonderful

FYI the boy who played "Pugsley' Addams Ken Weatherwax in the series is the nephew of our own Ruby Keeler......

> {quote:title=mrroberts wrote:}{quote}

> The original Addams Family series still looks good today (the later movies were pretty good too). John Astin (Gomez) and Carolyn Jones (Morticia) may still be the sexiest pair in TV history.

Like fred, I always liked the Addams much more than the Monsters. And I also liked the movies, especially Raul Julia and Anjelica Huston - too bad they only made 2 of those.

Addams%20Family.jpg

Oh, I totally agree. I think the macabre humor was more visible in The Addams Family, and the characters much more developed. Also, as you pointed out, they released three movies later on, whereas the Munsters released zero. And also, the theme song is much more relevant in our culture. Overall, I think it's the better TV show.

> {quote:title=CineMaven wrote:}{quote}

> When I didn't clean up my room (1967) my mother threatened to clean it for me. I didn't believe her.

>

> She did.

>

> Aaaaaaah, The Big Sweep of 1967. She threw away almost all of my little movie memorabilia; Playbills, movie star (Vivien Leigh) obituraries and photos. Some kind Message Board soul

> put up a photo of Lee Remick's Playbill for "Wait Until Dark: for me.

>

> I hate to tell you I'm still sore at my mom for that.

You and me, both CinemAva. My Mom did the exact same thing to my room once, and it still goads me.

My mom was constantly sweeping through and getting rid of stuff when I was little, so I guess I got used to it. But LambChop was a big deal.

I really feel for you, Maven, about the movie photos and playbills. The bad thing about those is that they would still be worth something to you now - and that probably still hurts. My LambChop was probably something I didn't even play with anymore, but still....

Come to think of it, that puppet would probably be worth a lot of money now.....

h4. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

"You and me, both CinemAva. My Mom did the exact same thing to my room once, and it still goads me." - < MissGoddess >

"My mom was constantly sweeping through and getting rid of stuff when I was little, so I guess I got used to it. But LambChop was a big deal. - < JackFavell >

Moms. What can you do. < sigh! > :-(