Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Lawrence of Arabia

Guest Cooper, Lane

Guest Cooper, Lane

Has TCM ever shown Lawrence of Arabia? I would like to see it but its never on TV. I'm considering buying it on DVD but I don't consider myself as big as classic movie fan as some of you on this board. Would it be worth the money? Does anyone have any suggestions to strengthen my love for classic movies? Im only 17 and have seen only a handful of classic movies i like, i just dont give them much of a chance. Any suggestions?

Guest Cooper, Lane

I just found out AMC is going to air it sometime in August. If they dont show it in widescreen, i suggest everyone on this message board form a mob and go to the AMC headquarters and protest!

Guest Dentata, Gina

They probably will. That film was restored about ten years ago and given a theatrical release. It's probably not even available in pan & scan. If you're looking for classics on VHS and DVD, you might try your local library. I live in big-ish city, and our library has a pretty good selection. I guess libraries don't muck about with straight-to-video junk and just stock the good stuff. Plus, it's free!

Guest walker, ken

The dvd version that is on the market is an improvement on the last theater release.It has been remastered in Dolby Digital 5.1 sound,both overtures,and loads of extras.This a beautiful restoration both in sound and photography.I can't imagine a P&S version of this film.I hope to see both "Lawrence of Arabia" and "Gettysburg" on TCM in their orginal format.

Guest son, jery

If AMC shows LAWRENCE OF ARABIA, you can be assured there will be a commercial break every l5 minutes and the movie will be trimmed of any ethnic or sexual overtones that might offend AMC's targeted politically correct viewers. AMC freely admits that it's banned nearly half of the LITTLE RASCALS shorts, has stopped showing any of the Betty Boop cartoons, and censors all its movies for any "insensitive" features that might offend maybe two or three viewers.

Guest son, jery

If AMC shows LAWRENCE OF ARABIA, you can be assured there will be a commercial break every l5 minutes and the movie will be trimmed of any ethnic or sexual overtones that might offend AMC's targeted politically correct viewers. AMC freely admits that it's banned nearly half of the LITTLE RASCALS shorts, has stopped showing any of the Betty Boop cartoons, and censors all its movies for any "insensitive" features that might offend maybe two or three viewers, which is about the number of viewers left who still watch AMC.

Guest walker, ken

I agree with jery son."LAWRENCE" is so vast in scope and complex in story,that to show it in any medium other than widescreen and un-interupted,would destroy any value this picture has.I have to believe TCM will feel the same way,when,and if they show it. "Gettysburg" on the other hand is longer with a running time of over 4 hours. TNT once showed it in two parts,and then without commercial interuptions.I don't recall anything but a P&S however.This movie ,like "Lawrence",needs to be seen in widescreen.

Guest G., Angela

This is a movie where it's a good idea to keep a glass of water by you. Some of my friends have said they get thirsty while watching it(which I can understand), but personally I never have. A must see movie for anyone who hasn't seen it yet. I would recommend purchasing or renting it though, instead of taking the risk of watching it on AMC.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Anez, Kathleen

One of the greatest motion pictures ever made and one of the greatest performances by an actor ever in his first major role. Peter O'Toole is perfect in every way - as is the film and the rest of the cast - and certainly deserved the Best Actor award, but of course the Academy failed to grant it to him. (One of their very many famous mistakes). He was so handsome and the greatness of his performance never fails to amaze me. I loved him as a girl and I guess I love him now. I thought surely he would win for "The Lion in Winter" (his Henry II the 2nd time); naturally the Academy failed to award him again, as it has five more times. How stupid! I first saw "Lawrence" as a young girl; I thought it was tremendous then and it remains so. I only hope TCM finally shows it - it never has - in the complete and restored version. A TRUE CLASSIC.

• 1 month later...
Guest boeker, richard

Local college, Trinity, in Hartford,CT is showing new 70MM print of Lawrence, $5-7 depending on age. They are showing it all week, 24 - 29 of Novemeber.