Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

When I was a kid, Heaven was Rhonda Fleming. I couldn't take my eyes off her. And this was in black and white. Throw in the fiery red hair...Holy Cow! To this day, I like redheads. I don't trust them. But I like them!

• 1 month later...

All the noir gals are sexy, but i get happy when i see these gals in a noir film: ella raines, yvonne, lizabeth, jane russell, hedy lamarr, ann sheridan, rita hayworth, joan bennett, alexis smith, linda darnell, ida lupino, joan crawford, diana dors, veronica lake, gene tierney, virginia mayo, marie windsor, marguerite chapman, claire trevor, so many others...

Gloria Graham is my favourite, and the ultimate noir heroine, although NOT a femme fatale. She's got a great face, and that unique voice!

I don't know why, but I never liked Ava Gardner. What's all the fuss about?

> {quote:title=misswonderly wrote:}{quote}

> Gloria Graham is my favourite, and the ultimate noir heroine, although NOT a femme fatale. She's got a great face, and that unique voice!

>

> I don't know why, but I never liked Ava Gardner. What's all the fuss about?

I'll take Gloria Grahame's acting, and persona, as expressed in her films, over Ava any day. But I think Ava, at her best, was one of the hottest looking actresses around.

Lizabeth Scott played a sweet and vulnerable girl gone (only slightly) wrong in "The Strange Love of Martha Ivers". I think it's her most likeable and memorable role. The fact that it's a fantastic movie doesn't hurt, either.

> {quote:title=misswonderly wrote:}{quote}

> Lizabeth Scott played a sweet and vulnerable girl gone (only slightly) wrong in "The Strange Love of Martha Ivers". I think it's her most likeable and memorable role. The fact that it's a fantastic movie doesn't hurt, either.

TSLoMI is quite good, but I think *Pitfall* and *Dead Reckoning* are right up there too. She was in several fine noirs.

You are so right, Xavier. Lizabeth is so good in so many noirs. I love to look at her and listen to her. I've only seen eight of her films so far, but my personal fave is Too Late For Tears which has a great plotline and is quite engrossing. I also liked Stolen Face with Paul Henreid. I can't wait to see more of her films. Lizabeth is one of my favorite classic film actresses, so sultry and beautiful.

Lizabeth is one of my favorite classic film actresses, so sultry and beautiful.

So true. I'm sorry to read (I did not know this) that a scurrilous scandal hurt her career. I wonder what she didn't do for some top studio boss big wig that got her in this trouble?

I still vote for her to sit down with Robert Osborne. What are they waiting for, her to be dead?

I know someone who'll watch anything with Kim Novak in it, he thinks she's one of the most beautiful babes of all time. She certainly was a good judge of movies to star in (or maybe her agent was.)

Lizbeth Scott had an unusual, husky voice, which makes her stand out from other femme fatales.

Well primos, the scandal that hurt Lizabeth's career came from that stupid 50's rag sheet Confidential. They implied that Liz preferred women over men and a fabulous career was over. She may indeed prefer women but who cares?? It would be fantastic to see LS sit down with RO before it is too late. She is 87 and last i heard was in good health. She was so hott back in her heyday. A gem of a lady.

arlenemccarthy wrote:

"Gotta loves those redheads, especially if their named Arlene."

I too love redhead Arlene Whelan, but offhand can't recall any noirs she was in. :-)