Would you guys please be kind and sign this petition to have Greta

Garbo's movies put on DVD? Even if you aren't a Garbo fan, we Garbo

admirers would sincerely appreciate your efforts. I added the

comment that it would be so important to restore many of them that

are in dire need of it.

Many thanks in advance,

Audrey

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/garbofan/

I also had heard about the dvds that are set for release next year. I'm with you all the way on this one, luvsgarbo. There are several Garbo films I'd love to own, including some of her silent films. Like you, I'd also like to see how these would be restored and formatted on dvd. I can't wait.....

me? although i haven't seen THAT many of her films N the ONLY 1 i thought waz a decent movie waz Mata Hari circa (1931) the other's i've seen so far are crap. if i sound like i'm being disrespective i'm sorry about that. i do am M curous about her silents however. there R some oF her's i do want 2 see MAINLY cuz i like Lewis Stone N he did a few films width her.

i'm sorry i just don't think she's a good actress, there's another actor or actress i don't like,i 4 get who though. Orson Wells is 1 that is HIGHLY OVERATED. true he's done some films but i thought "The Stranger" circa (1946) EXTREMLY BORING! while Wells waz a good director N actor some of his movies as width any actor OR actress he's got some stinkers 2. the 1 of Garbo's i HATE the most is "Cammila" which i know i spelled wrong sorry about that. the ONLY reason i watched that waz 4 The Great Lionel Barrymore. he's by Favorite Barrymore!:) anywys that 1 thought 2 be EVEN MORE worse than "The Stranger" but hey this is just 1 guy's opionion ya know?

hehe that i am i'm also a Kubrik Fiend i don't think he waz

a Genius either. that's who i waz thinking about but waz

unable 2 remember his name. while he waz a good decent

director he waz by far NO Genius. "A Clowork Orange" circa

(1971) is a 'MASTERPIECE' i'll admit that much as is "The Shining" circa (1980) HIS version buuuut i like both version

4 diferent reasons altogether! :) N as 4 "Dr. Stranglove"?

circa (1964) i'm sorry but that 1 N Kubrik's last 1

"Eyes Wide Shut" R simply horrible N boring' while Peter Sellers did a GREAT job N it. THAT MAN WAZ A GENIUS at re-inventing himself as waz Lon Chaney. anywys a gf of mine borrowed the dvd of "Dr. Stranglove" N me N her were sooooo

bored 2 death by it we didn't EVEN finish watching it! we

both said we have GOT 2 turn this thing OFF! while it has

a great cast it just waz't 4 me. i'm sorry N 4 rambling on 2.

Cstimpy25,

My little barb a couple of days ago wasn't directed at your opinion of various movies (I may have to retract that after you describe Kubrick's DR. STRANGELOVE, one of my all-time favorite films, as boring), so much as it was aimed at the grammatical composition of your posts. All of your blunders in capitalization make your posts a little hard to read, let alone understand. It's obvious you know how to make your point. It just would be easier to decipher if it was written properly. That's all.

More power to you, but I just hate to see the english language mangled in such a way. Anyway, I'm just curious how old you are. I only ask because to describe DR. STRANGELOVE as " simply horrible" baffles me. It is one of the smartest and darkest comedies ever produced. It's biting look at the cold war and the consequences of nuclear supremacy may be too sophisticated for younger viewers. To each his own. I personally think Kubrick was a genius, but I have friends who think he's overrated. Who knows??

I believe CSTIMPY25 was writing his or her post in a "cell phone" or "hip-hop" grammatical composition. Numerous boards around the internet consider this type of grammatical composition the norm. It is hard to decipher but once you get the meaning you will understand the message. I am looking forward to reading more from CSTIMPY25 and I hope CSTIMPY25 will post his or her future messages in a grammatical composition which is consistent with this message board.

Yeah thomasterryjr, I have seen posts like cstimpy's on other boards. There are so many examples of what I like to call 'lazy' grammar, all over the web. If the median age of this board was 15 or 16, it might make more sense, I suppose. I'll even say that there is some amount of creativity in it. But most of the time, for me anyway, reading a post written like that gives me a migraine. I too look forward to hearing more of Cstimpy's opinions, even when I don't agree with them.

One little annoyance I do have with Cstimpy's posts are when he describes something I think is brilliant as "crap" or "horrible." That's his opinion and I'm cool with that. What I would ask for is a little explanation as to why he has such a strong opinion of whatever he (or she) is trashing. To say you dislike something is one thing. To call it "crap" is quite another. At least illuminate us Classic film fans as to why you think something is THAT horrendous to you. At least then I might have an understanding of such an opinion......or maybe not.

Either way, Cstimpy digs LON CHANEY, so they are eternally cool with me (for what little that's worth).

Well, I'm sorry, but if cstimpy has anything to say that will interest me, it's probably going to go right by me ignored, because I am NOT going to sit here long enough to try to decipher what this person is trying to say using this juvenile style of writing! And, I agree that when such strong, and often offensive opinions are expressed, I also would like to see the person expressing them reach a little deeper than "bashing", and tell us why they have these views, i.e., what makes a movie "crap". ML

To me great friend classicsfan1119, I see what you mean??? However, I scrolled-down & saw the pivotal words GARBO! She's an acquired taste for many of course-(I AM CERTAINLY AMONG THAT GROPUING THAT TRULY RANK THIS WOMAN AS "THE GREATEST MOTION PICTURE ACTRESS I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!" Even OSCAR winning champion: *Katharine Hepburn-(1907-2003) said the same-(when she wasn't only praising *"The Great: Spencer Tracy"-(1900-67) I also believe it had to do with a couple things in regard to Garbo. She only made B & W pix. She quit early-(P.S. although she did attempt a late '40's comeback. I even have the footage of her lil' botched "Screen-Test!" However, it was in technicolor & her major worry, was her eyes showing age-(some of the reason for the ever present sunglasses later in life) Plus, she wanted to go the flea-markets,etc without fans bothering her-(most knew whom she was out in NYC's public, but gave her respect & left her alone) She woulda' & did ignore autograph seekers anyway. *Jimmy Stewart-(1908-97) was stunned by Garbo too! He even worked it into one of his J. Carson visit poems-his first encounter with her) & of all individuals Adolph Hitler was virtually in love with her. & nagged her to visit him in Berlin. NO CIGAR! Speaking of *Tracy & *Hepburn, she was among the few guests that would visit them-(not much, but once in awhile) "THE CAMERA WAS ALSO LITERALLY IN LOVE WITH THE FACE"-(her nickname) & *B. Wilder-(1906-2003) while trying to direct Marilyn in "Some Like It Hot"-(he had an easier experience with her 4yrs. earlier.) Said> "MM, had the most on-screen voltage in her face, since Garbo!"

ANYWAY, you have my vote: Spencer Shanon

Hi ya!

I understand that too, but I would hope that they will eventually put them ALL on DVD. I wrote at length of this on another post. What these films really need is restoration. Her silents are such treasures! Very enchanting! Have you seen any? And the early talkies too.

1st OF ALL i agree about Katherine Hepburn she waz Great! :)

N as for my grammer? a while back i noticed my e-mail tend 2 get a bit long when i would write either 2 friends, relatives or loved ones. N 2 cut back on that cause i know that NOT EVERYONE has time 2 read some e-mail or any in fact! i've gone thoroguh different ways of my writing style 2 shorten my e-mails 2 them. i'm sorry IF U don't happen 2 like my style of writing. U want 2 see bad

grammer? Look UP "The Insane Clown Posse's OFFICAL Website. yes that is a group a rap group i happen 2 like. but as for music i like all different kinds anywys my point in mentioning that is simply that one of the band members does what they call a weekly freakly N IF u see what these guys look like U will understand why they call it that. anywys his grammer is a LOT WORSE than mine actually his i can't read AT ALL! i skip through some of

it N mine actually makes MORE sense. i haven't had any complaints by the people i e-mail least NOT yet N IF I did i'll just change my style again. no biggie ya know? anywys

as 4 my reason 4 dissing movies like Kubrick's Dr.Strange Love i do actually think about what i want 2 say b4 i post it ya know? like Garbo i did try 2 like her acting style maybe i'll prefer her silents 2 her talkies i don't know? i've never seen any of her silents except for the 5 min.

of that missing movie that TCM plays once in a while. but U got 2 admit that there waz some bad actors back than as well as today! even such greats as "BORIS Karloff" has done some bad ones in his life! one being "Mother's Cry" i think the name of it is? circa (1930) i'm just glad that they cut his scene out of it! TCM played that last year when they had him as "Star Of The Month" i believe!

God bless ya, cstimpy, but I only understood about a tenth of what you just posted. As far as "dissing" Dr. Strangelove and Greta Garbo's entire film catalog, you just stated that you think about what you say before you post it. I'm all for that, but you still never gave an explanation as to why you disliked both so much. I'm not coming down on you, I'm just trying to understand you. That's all.

As far as the grammar is concerned, whatever style you choose here is fine. You just have to remember that it makes your posts so much harder to decipher. If you are a fan of The Insane Clown Posse, I'll assume you are still in your teens. This kind of grammar may work for you now, but when you have to use grammar skills in the business world, you have to be able to communicate in a more precise manner. I would hate to receive an important memo that looks like one of your posts. But more power 2 U!

• 1 month later...

actually i'm 26 & i DO try & make my post read able. on the way i judge actors & actress i mostly go by my gut feeling that's all. & as for my grammer sometimes i do get Carried away i guess. ya know? & if i was running a business my

memo's hehe MOST LIKELY wouldn't look like my posts. buuut i don't have a job like that unfortunally. i'm looking right now actually. anywys & as for "Greta Garbo" i admit i

haven't seen ALL her work yet either a friend of mine's seen her silents while i've seen just her talkies. & there are STILL a few movies of her's i do want 2 see though i'll admit much! :)