Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Robert Wagner is a Putz

Guest Dimeo, Nick

Guest Dimeo, Nick

In a recent Larry King interview Robert Wagner was heard to say that he puts Mike Myers in the same category as Charlie Chaplin, Buster Keaton, and Harold Lloyd! I could not believe my ears when he said this and was very ticked off that this Hollywood legend would say something so stupid! I may be in the minority but I do not find that Austin Powers crap very funny and certainly not up to the standards of The Gold Rush, The General, and Speedy!

Guest son, jery

The last time I saw Robert Wagner was when he "grinned" his way through an A&E bio about Bette Davis. He would make a comment and then "grin" as if he had said something bright and memorable.I've never seen any charisma in this so-called actor. He was pretty, was lucky and became a movie performer and he's hardly an astute critic of what makes a great comedian.

Guest o, rita

robert is "butt kissing" preparing his way for a role in the next austin powers flick. there is no way he was sincere in comparing austin powers/mike meyers with those legends!

Guest darylcam

I don't think even Michael Myers would accept that comparison although he is a gifted comedian. Wagner's best film for me is A Kiss Before Dying too bad he didn't do more of those type roles. Guess he couldn't get the director of that movie Gerald Oswald to direct ALL of his films.

• 5 months later...

The only decent role or acting job Robert Wagner did was in The Pink Panther.

If any of you have an occasion to see the tv movie Pearl, about the bombing of Pearl Harbor, take a few minutes and watch him; open collar as a Navy officer with gold chains.

Yes, it may have been the director but, it was still Wagner.

What a bad actor.

The only thing I ever liked about him was his voice - I'm sure all of you agree that he does have a great speaking voice - he would've been great on the radio, or perhaps being a T.V. news broadcaster, but acting is definitely not his thing. And the circumstances surrounding Natalie Wood's death bother me, and that's all I'm gonna say about that.

There was however one film "A Kiss Before Dying" (1956) that Wagner showed promise and he was effective as a ruthless college student. Then again the talents of his co-stars Joanne Woodward and Mary Astor could have rubbed off on him (temporially).

I also believe that there was more to Natalie Wood's death than meets the eye.

Mongo