Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey all you Movie Gurus - Please answer my Questions - plagued me for years

Hi all,

I want to know who the actors/actresses are in the old lead in to the afternoon movies "Now Showing" - the ones on the train, in the buildings, etc. and of course the movies the scenes come from.

Also, there is a movie with Robert Taylor in which he plays a bulter (just briefly) and he can't understand a man to introduce him so he mumbles as he can what the man said - what movie is this one and will it be on this month? Thanks, Jan

PS One more question. Years ago I saw a movie where this doctor was trying to keep his wife alive or young (or something) by talking blood or something from young girls and it seemed like it was on an island. I thought it was call Devil Doll but that was not the movie - can anyone help me know what this movie is?

> {quote:title=Janr wrote:}{quote}

> PS One more question. Years ago I saw a movie where this doctor was trying to keep his wife alive or young (or something) by talking blood or something from young girls and it seemed like it was on an island. I thought it was call Devil Doll but that was not the movie - can anyone help me know what this movie is?

I believe that's *The Leech Woman*. I saw it on MST3K.

When a very old African woman offers an ambitious endocrinologist the secret of eternal youth, he decides to take his estranged and no-longer-young-and-beautiful wife along with him on the safari. But then she finds out the true reason for their sudden reconciliation is so that she can serve as his guinea pig. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, especially one with a stolen pineal gland tapper. But once you try Nipe, there's no going back. Written by Larry Cline

>

> Also, there is a movie with Robert Taylor in which he plays a bulter (just briefly) and he can't understand a man to introduce him so he mumbles as he can what the man said - what movie is this one and will it be on this month? Thanks, Jan

>

I think this might be Personal Property:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0029395/

TCM will be airing it on the 20th at 6:00 p.m. EST.

As I remember either she or the younger women are in a bamboo cage and I remember a beach - it seemed like he was trying to save his wife but you know when you have to stretch your memory back 46 years or so and this was late night TV - anyone remember watching WEIRD out of Bangor Maine in the early sixties?

I will have to see if I can find the Leech Woman to see if that was it. I have only seen the name Demon Woman as an old title of a movie and wondered if that could be it.

> {quote:title=hamradio wrote:}{quote}

> LOL, I love the movie posters hype. Did many men during the same time period said that after a divorce settlement?

Wow, a movie about divorce. I?ve never seen it.

So the dame gets the house, the car, and a substantial alimony. A true life adventure story.

Hi all,

Thanks so much for replying to my question. I can see who answered at the moment but someone thought I was talking about She Demons and I think you were right. I was able to view it for free at http://tesla.liketelevision.com/liketelevision/tuner.php?channel=138&format=movie&theme=toonfest and even though it was a bit grainy, I think this is the movie I saw when I was 8-9 years old that scared me to death (of course Shatner's Twilight Zone with the monkey on the airplane wing also scared me as a child - what a laugh that is today!).

I was soooooo disappointed that I did not get to see all of Personal Property (I how TCM will play it again - hint hint!) because my husband and I went RV shopping - I thought it start at 8 p.m. - oh, well! I think this very well could have been the movie I was wanting to know where Robert Taylor plays a butler - rat! I really wanted to see that scene again!

Even though you all have been great with the answers - no one told me the stars in the the old weekday Afternoon movie lead in that shows different movie charters. I think the woman in the window putting on a coat is from Stakeout but the guy scared on the train (I know this movie and can't remember it) and the older man rocking - I would love to know who these are and from what movie.

Lastly, I would love to see the old Alice in Wonderland (1933?) version they say we can buy but is TCM going to play it any time soon? Jan

wouldbestar wrote:

"I've not seen the movie in a while but what a come down for Colleen Gray after Red River. "

What a come down from her more recent work in 50s noirs like Kansas City Confidential and The Killing. Come to think of it though, the title/advertising make her sound like the ultimate predatory noir femme fatale.