Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The World of Alfred Hitchcock

MissGoddess

You don't think Lil was genuinely crazy for Mark? I'm not saying she'd have felt the same if he was a gas-pump jockey, but I get the feeling it's more like a school girl infatuation rather than something more mercenary.

She was definitely mad about him, in a girlish way. He was her Prince Charming. But, in time, I think she'd look for another Mark-type. She's an easy girl for a certain kind of man. Marnie is a whole 'nother creature.

I think Mark finds Lils all over the place.... upper crust girls who are "mad" for him in their shallow way. That's why Marnie is so different for him, and why he falls. There is something deeper to be discovered in her.

They both like taking the hard way around things, don't they?

In the past 9 or 10 pages (as far as I can remember reading precisely), there isn't a single post that isn't worth a BOOK of responses. Great writing, one and all. Not a single topic that isn't ripe for more and more discussion. Thanks, everyone!

I sometimes minimize MARNIE-The-Film's impact on my favorites-list, and perhaps this is why - it's just so, well, vast in interest. So many incredible aspects to it and maybe it stands as my favorite, most provocative Hitch film.

FRANKGRIMES writes: ?...Actually, there's a lot of Woman found in Marnie. It may be one thing here and another there with some and more with others. And, yes, there's a lot of Man to be found in Mark.?

WoW! Well that is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma.

?Boy, ain't that the truth. But I can't say Marnie is misleading men. She's taking advantage of man's weakness, and also his arrogance.?

Marnie doesn't promise any man anything carnally. That was what was in their mind. She worked hard...stayed late...pulled her skirt down below her knee...piqued their interest and then stole theirbankroll. What?s a girl to do?

?Lil is the kind of girl who will do anything for Mark (and guys like him). She runs off an entire list of the dubious things she would do for him. And what she wants in return is the free lunch and checking account. So what kind of woman does this make Lil??

Lil won't be with just any guy. Not with that look she had when Marnie and Mark drove away after their wedding. I think Lil is a calculating girl. She won?t just fall for anyone. I can see her being the perfect wife for the rising young exec in a grey flannel suit. She?ll be awwwright.

---

MISS GODDESS writes: ?Interesting screen caps. If I may ask, why do you think Hitch chose not to reveal the character's face for so long? What's the significance of only pulling back and revealing who she is until that moment??

I think Hitch did that for cinematic reasons...he creates suspense. We hear her described ("...good teeth"), we see what she?s done (steal) and Hitch holds back her face. We see her identity cards, WHO IS SHE?? It?s a great build-up.

?I like how Lil stuck Strutt for the check and Mark for the lunch. Plus, free room and board in the Rutland Mansion. Smart girl!

I'm signing up for the "Lil Mannering School of Winning A Husband." Hey, her mamma didn't raise no fools...even if mine did.

I think Mark finds Lils all over the place.... upper crust girls who are "mad" for him in their shallow way. That's why Marnie is so different for him, and why he falls. There is something deeper to be discovered in her.

I agree with you. :P And I do agree with Miss G when she says Mark views Lil as a kid. Marnie is a woman. A very complicated one.

They both like taking the hard way around things, don't they?

:D I'd say.

Mark has to contrast with what Marnie thinks of other men. Either they are evil fiends like Bruce Dern (on an unconscious level) or they are weak conniving money grubbing, boring idiots like Strutt (on a conscious level). Marnie needs Mark to show her there are men who are virile, who can also be nice, honest and strong. He shows her that having ....uh.... that being married is a good thing. The brutality he shows is a mistake he must make - if he is not a threat to her or there is no movie. First of all, how could they show how broken she is, unless he threatens her in that way? He is a good guy who wants to behave normally. That must be shown. He also needs to be stronger than she is - more on that in a minute. Mainly, she must learn that there is a difference between a man taking advantage, and a man who loves her wanting to make love.

I believe the greatest sexual fears of the opposite sex are presented in Marnie. With woman, it's that a man uses his strength to overpower woman, forcing her to do what she doesn't wish to do. With man, Mark lets you know about both fears and Marnie ends up being one of them. The one fear is that she's a tramp. Mark is concerned she's got a husband and guys all over the place. He doesn't want to be taken for a sucker. The other fear is that a woman is frigid, which is Marnie. So we've got a clash of the sexes. We've got the sex-drive of man, which is often linked to power. And we have the power of woman to reject man, thus making him feel small, impotent, and... powerless.

Do you know anyone on this board who brings up these male fears?

And I'm sorry to put it this way, but Marnie wanted it - she does want someone to love her..... to touch her - she only thinks she doesn't. She doesn't want to be handled - but she does want to be loved.

I found this point to be brilliant. I agree with you.. again. This is getting scary. And this is where I find you with Marnie. Actually, every woman, but you tend to be closer than most. "Handled" is the key word. Women are like horses in that they will often judge a man by how they take their "reins." It's hardly ever a straight and simple ride. It takes time. Lots of learning. Some horses will buck and kick with most everyone but then someone finds a way to relax them, put them at ease. And this brings us to a critical word in love: trust. Do you trust the man to take your reins?

The reason why I find you similar to Marnie is because you don't like being handled in most situations yet you love it when someone does it right. You're a wild stallion who likes her freedom, her room to roam.

marnie10.jpg

marnie11.jpg

marnie4.jpg

marnie5.jpg

marnie6.jpg

marnie7.jpg

She is a runaway horse, just like Forio. She thinks she'd rather die than be "caught" - loved. But what Marnie thinks she wants and what she really wants are two different things. She wants to feel closeness and intimacy with someone (like her mother) desperately. She is afraid of it because she wants it so badly. Wanting has never gotten Marnie anything. So she pretends she doesn't want or need anything, the longer she pretends, the more she really believes it.

Excellent! Wonderful. That's precisely how I feel about Marnie, but I could never say it as well as you just did. Marnie has built up some serious walls.

I believe Mark really turns a corner with Marnie with this moment:

marnie13.jpg

I also love how Mark starts to say "we" with Marnie's issues. It's no longer about her, but them.

She doesn't need anything - but she keeps taking things - proving that her subconscious does need something, something she is not getting. But money cannot replace her mother's love.

And that's brilliant. She's taking and hardly ever giving. The only time she gives is with her mother. She's trying to win her love. That's her focus. She's trapped in her childhood. She's still very much a little girl, emotionally.

To Catch a Thief, the sequel:

tocatchathief7.jpg

marnie12.jpg

Good evening, CinemAva -- Marnie doesn't promise any man anything carnally. That was what was in their mind. She worked hard...stayed late...pulled her skirt down below her knee...piqued their interest and then stole theirbankroll. What?s a girl to do?

:D And I most definitely agree. The men overlook her "references" for her "assets." And when she takes their money, thus playing them for suckers, it really upsets them. They didn't get what they "paid for."

marnie14.jpg

marnie15.jpg

Lil won't be with just any guy. Not with that look she had when Marnie and Mark drove away after their wedding. I think Lil is a calculating girl. She won?t just fall for anyone. I can see her being the perfect wife for the rising young exec in a grey flannel suit. She?ll be awwwright.

She's young, so she's all about Mark... right now. But eventually she'll move on. What won't change with Lil are her desires. She's easy for a guy who is willing to pay for her. She can be bought. Marnie can't be bought. When Mark offers his money from the safe to Marnie, telling her to take it, she doesn't want it. And this is another physical struggle between Mark and Marnie.

marnie16.jpg

But I hope you do not make a case that blames Marnie and exonerates the men she's come across. You won't go down that path will ya? I don't feel one scintilla of sympathy for Frank Abernathy. "You remember Frank."

Yes! It's all Marnie's fault. We men are innocent. Have I told you that I'm a gentleman? :P

A smart predator uses the weaknesses of their prey against them. The men are using Marnie in their own way with the hopes of using her in other ways. She outsmarts them in the end.

By the way, I'm of the belief that Mark was being a predator when he first kisses Marnie. I don't think it's right for a man to seek such affection when a woman is so vulnerable, particularly a woman you really don't know.

marnie18.jpg

OH wow.. nothing to add except that this is QUITE the eye opening chat. I have been so dadgum busy latley that this whole entire thead has more or less passed me by. I see I have a LOT of reading to do.

Sorry for the interruption.... Carry on, folks! :-)

>:D And I most definitely agree. The men overlook her "references" for her "assets." And when she takes their money, thus playing them for suckers, it really upsets them. They didn't get what they "paid for."

Not only did they not get what they "paid for", because it was their own fault, they got a little eye opener into their soul. Not a pleasant sight.....

A smart predator uses the weaknesses of their prey against them. The men are using Marnie in their own way with the hopes of using her in other ways. She outsmarts them in the end.

I honestly wanna know how Marnie became such a smart predator (aside from watching her mother go through those tribulations) I mean she really knew what she was doing, I just don't think she really knew what she wanted in her life.

....let's just hope she doesn't teach frankenstein anything. :P

Ciao, Ford Floozy -- Not only did they not get what they "paid for", because it was their own fault, they got a little eye opener into their soul. Not a pleasant sight.....

Do you think those other men cared about that? I think they just didn't like being taken by a woman they were looking to take.

I think Mark is different, though. I believe Marnie unlocks him just as he unlocks her. This is very Hitchcockian (Spellbound and Notorious).

I found the drive in Marnie to be very reminiscent of the drive Scottie (James Stewart) and Judy (Kim Novak) take at the end of Vertigo.

And this is going to sound strange, but, in this viewing, I actually thought Marnie was like a battle-of-the-sexes comedy from the late-30s/early-40s played straight. I even felt a little of The Quiet Man.

Bonjour, BitterSourGreer -- I honestly wanna know how Marnie became such a smart predator (aside from watching her mother go through those tribulations) I mean she really knew what she was doing, I just don't think she really knew what she wanted in her life.

That's a really good question. She seems to study animal behavior just as Mark does. This goes to Jackie's point of the two being similar. For Mark, I believe it's a curiosity, a stimulant. For her, it's survival.

let's just hope she doesn't teach frankenstein anything. :P

I'm kind and loving!

?I believe the greatest sexual fears of the opposite sex are presented in Marnie. With woman, it's that a man uses his strength to overpower woman, forcing her to do what she doesn't wish to do.?

This is very true.

?With man, Mark lets you know about both fears and Marnie ends up being one of them. The one fear is that:

(1.) She's a tramp. Mark is concerned she's got a husband and guys all over the place. He doesn't want to be taken for a sucker.?

Isn?t it that he doesn?t want to be able to be compared? Isn't that men's real fear? So very real, that a high price is placed on virginity in certain parts of the world???

(2.) ?The other fear is that a woman is frigid, which is Marnie.?

I guess Mark found that out a little too late. But he was forewarned that Marnie was a thief. And yet he got involved with her anyway.

?Do you know anyone on this board who brings up these male fears??

Well THAT?S a loaded question that I can?t answer ?cuz she?s a pal.

?The reason why I find you similar to Marnie is because you don't like being handled in most situations yet you love it when someone does it right. You're a wild stallion who likes her freedom, her room to roam.?

Ride 'em cowboy!!

?The men overlook her ?references? for her ?assets?.?

I liked that clever turn of phrase you used here.

?Marnie can't be bought. When Mark offers his money from the safe to Marnie, telling her to take it, she doesn't want it. And this is another physical struggle between Mark and Marnie.?

Marnie can?t take the money b?cuz it doesn?t fit her psychological make up to take the money this way. Poor girl, she?s reached her boiling point, having gone over the edge with the death of her beloved Forio. Gee.

?Yes! It's all Marnie's fault. We men are innocent. Have I told you that I'm a gentleman?? :P

Aye yi yi...oh my achin? psyche.

?By the way, I'm of the belief that Mark was being a predator when he first kisses Marnie. I don't think it's right for a man to seek such affection when a woman is so vulnerable, particularly a woman you really don't know.?

Okaaay, (redemption) you really are a gentleman. Yeah, what kind of guy would take advantage of a woman when she?s frightened...or drunk.

-- :-) --

ROHANAKA writes:? OH wow.. nothing to add except that this is QUITE the eye opening chat. I have been so dadgum busy latley that this whole entire thead has more or less passed me by. I see I have a LOT of reading to do.?

Rooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh! Don?t stand on the side lines. Jump in. The water?s fine.

-- :-) --

BUTTERSCOTCHGREER writes[/u]: ?I honestly wanna know how Marnie became such a smart predator (aside from wat-ching her mother go through those tribulations) I mean she really knew what she was doing, I just don't think she really knew what she wanted in her life.?

I think Marnie learned these coping mechanisms waaay back. I shudder to think of how she got boys? lunch money back in high school. Trial and error.

Miss Goddess, thank you soooooooooooooooo much for that screen cap of Marnie in her black turtleneck holding the bed post!!!!! That was the pix in the tv guide.

Bonjour, BitterSourGreer -- I honestly wanna know how Marnie became such a smart predator (aside from watching her mother go through those tribulations) I mean she really knew what she was doing, I just don't think she really knew what she wanted in her life.

Where does this bitter sour stuff come in? I thought I was sweet and lovable!

That's a really good question. She seems to study animal behavior just as Mark does. This goes to Jackie's point of the two being similar. For Mark, I believe it's a curiosity, a stimulant. For her, it's survival.

Yes, Jackie's point was a great one! I don't think it's just survival for her, though. I think it was also something else. She was trying to find a sense of closure through a difficult way.

let's just hope she doesn't teach frankenstein anything.

I'm kind and loving!

What a liar! :P

Superb discussions on MARNIE from everyone! "Dr". Bronxie can learn a lot from her "patients". I'm nursing a headache right now so won't be able to jump into this tonight, but, just some quick impressions: the phallic ship, symbol of Mrs. Edgar's former profession, docked menacingly in between the apartment buildings -- the brashly erotic sounds of the names "Rutland" and "Strutt" -- the smile on Tippi Hedren's face, as she opens up safes and reaches for the money, bears an uncanny resemblance to the two major PSYCHO characters -- Janet Leigh's eerily amused expression behind the wheel of her rain-drenched car as she enjoys thinking about getting away scot-free with the cash, and the ghoul-grin (to the audience) of shawled Tony Perkins when "Mother" takes over completely towards the end. It always seemed to me that Tippi, Janet and Tony had these similiar "skull"-like bone structures that Hitchcock used to his advantage. I'm also struck by the animal symbolism in both movies, with Marnie, Marion and Norman "caught" in their own private traps.

Edited by: Bronxgirl48 on May 7, 2010 6:05 AM

> The Farmer's Wife is one of Hitch's few straight comedies, though it has a couple

> of serious moments, mostly in the opening scenes which lead you to believe this is going

> to be a rather creepy Hitchcockian thriller set in a rural English farmhouse (the scene

> shows the farmer's wife dying in bed...not a really funny way to begin a comedy!). But

> then it turns into the broadest kind of comedy, lampooning some typical English rural

> "types" who each do their "turn" in some very funny sequences. It's kind of odd to be

> in the sticks with Hitch. :D

>

> The funniest scene is the party sequence---all the village "characters" seem to pile

> into the farmhouse and each guest is more absurd than the next. I have to say, I

> laughed quite a lot. The pacing is the only thing that is "off" about it, but the

> characters were pretty funny, very broadly drawn and eccentric. So English.

> Especially the women and the farmer's old man-servant, who looks a bit like

> a cranky Leprechaun. The climax of the sequence is when one of the farmer's

> prospective brides breaks out in hysterics because he insulted her hat, ha!

>

> The plot is simply about how the farmer (Jameson Thomas), recently widowed

> and his daughter married, seeks a new wife from this bunch. His maidservant,

> "Minta" (Lillian Hall-Davis) is in love with him and, of course, the prettiest one in

> the cast. Nevertheless, the farmer decides to make a list of all the other available

> singletons in his district, and goes about one by one, asking them to marry him,

> sure that any of them will die for the honor of it. He gets rejected one by one

> and it's quite hilarious in the process.

>

> Food is a big thing with Hitch and it's in his movies right from the start, it seems.

> There's some funny business with the "spread" at the party and I spotted a tracking

> "zoom" that Hitch must have enjoyed toying with...when a boy walks into the party

> and sees all the candy and cakes and the food seems to rush forward toward him.

> I think it was a fairly new technique, right? Maybe the experts can enlighten me on that.

>

> "Minta" is the sweetest and most traditional heroine I've ever seen in any of Hitch's

> films. He usually doesn't feature that type. She's quiet, unobtrusive, dainty and good

> hearted. In fact, I rather felt the farmer himself was a bit creepy looking and she could

> do better. Oh well, it's HITCHCOCK so I won't pick. I also liked the use of very "colloquial"

> dialogue in the intertitles. Some of it reads quite funny.

I was surprised and thrilled to discover THE FARMER'S WIFE on YouTube, so I just watched it! All I can say is, "Guy Fawkes and Angels!" LOL I was also taken off guard at the outset by the seemingly ominous way the farmer kept looking out the window -- I was thinking, did he poison his wife and was just waiting for her to die? He definitely looked weird and creepy to me too, ha! (throughout) Thanks to the expressively lovely actress who played Minta, it was obvious from the beginning who the only woman for him was. She was already unconsciously acting like his wife, not merely going through the motions of a servant. I loved the tender way she used her hands to brush off his suit, and her stoic loyalty in helping him come up with the marriage "list",

careful not to reveal her true feelings. (she reminded me a bit in appearance and style of early 30's Mary Astor) I was laughing out loud as well at the broad humor of the "bucolic" types, especially one of the prospects who palpitated along with her jelly mold when Sam proposed.

The chubby one was a riot. In addition to those flailing arm "tantrums", the look on her bovine face when she sees Minta coming down the stairs in a dress, was priceless. I know what you mean about the pace.

I didn't like the look of the farmhouse -- so gloomy, "heavy", and drab. It reminded me unpleasantly of Basil Rathbone's castle in SON OF FRANKENSTEIN. The man-servant's cynical, serio-comic views on marriage were the only remotely "Hitchcockian" aspects, I thought. (but what do I know?)

Edited by: Bronxgirl48 on May 7, 2010 6:02 AM

Good afternoon to you, Meanie Mint -- Where does this bitter sour stuff come in? I thought I was sweet and lovable!

I thought so, too! Boy, was I wrong. :P

Yes, Jackie's point was a great one! I don't think it's just survival for her, though. I think it was also something else. She was trying to find a sense of closure through a difficult way.

How so?

Ciao, Lively Gal -- Isn?t it that he doesn?t want to be able to be compared? Isn't that men's real fear? So very real, that a high price is placed on virginity in certain parts of the world???

Yes, that's a male fear. But it's not linked to power. I believe Mark and Marnie are involved in a male-female power play.

I guess Mark found that out a little too late. But he was forewarned that Marnie was a thief. And yet he got involved with her anyway.

I don't believe her being a thief is what is really upsetting him. It's all the emotional stuff. He wants to unlock her. He's searching for her combination.

Well THAT?S a loaded question that I can?t answer ?cuz she?s a pal.

I've seen plenty of this:

marnie19.jpg

Marnie does that quite often in the film. She's a runner, all right. She's a horsey. You see a lot of her mane.

Marnie can?t take the money b?cuz it doesn?t fit her psychological make up to take the money this way. Poor girl, she?s reached her boiling point, having gone over the edge with the death of her beloved Forio. Gee.

Why can't she take the money? It's not taking when it's being offered, right?

Okaaay, (redemption) you really are a gentleman. Yeah, what kind of guy would take advantage of a woman when she?s frightened...or drunk.

A proactive one. :P Or does that make him reactive?

marnie.jpg

Okay, the color red, thunderstorms, the Principality of Monaco...

Anchors Aweigh b/w The Streets of Baltimore: In the end was the beginning, Mrs.

Edgar's row house hard by the Baltimore docks. The composition of the large ship

looming right up against the row houses lends a certain space surrealism to the

neighborhood . Was it happenstance or a premeditated business decision that led her

there, in her vocation as a working girl? Either way, that's what led to Marniequin's

childhood trauma and so many of the psychological problems that plagued her. Marnie

is missing in action from the bad night with the sailor until shorty before she makes a

sap of old man Strutt. No doubt she was much influenced by her mother's way of life

and the lessons she learned from her. Mom herself must have felt quite a bit of guilt.

On her visit at the beginning of the film, it's quite a cozy little house, despite everything.

But Mama's not showing much warmth, and Marnie has to play second fiddle to little

Jessie Cotton, the prissy uberbrat who has, in a way, taken her place, maybe so that

Mama can raise another child, a second chance, one free from the difficult circumstances

of the first. In any case, this was where the whole mess started and where it will end.

Pecan Pie, Yummy: Too bad Mama only got as far as pouring out the dark Karo syrup before

the pecans hit the floor. Dang. I bet she knew how to make a gooeyly scrumptious pie. It

would be well worth an hour of listening to her reformed sinner jibber jabber just to have some.

Technically it was for Jessie, but I'd have scarfed down half the pie while that little terror was still

playing with her Gone with the Wind cutout dolls. Hmmm, the Edgars hail from Richmond,

Virginia, and so did Joseph Cotten. It's a small world.

Howard Johnson Retro Chic: Mark and Marnie, on their long voyage of self-discovery/deception

stop at a Howard Johnson's restaurant. So mid 1960s. Nice interior, lovely waitress uniforms. It

sounded like they ordered a frank and coffee, but I don't believe they ate the hot doggies. What

a great idea for a 21st century revival.

Marnie Chameleon: Up close and personal, at least as much as possible, she seems like a pain,

but in abstract, with her control freak 'tude and cynical world view, she's rather appealing in

some strange way. She gets some great zingers at Mark's expense when he tries to play head

doctor, with his Sexual Perversions in the Criminal Psyche or whatever tomes. But at the end

of the flick, when things are looking up, it seems a real possibility that she could morph into a

dull bourgie horsey woman. What a damn shame.

Mark Rutland : The good news is while he's a bit of a predator, he also turns out to be a guy

who wants to help his new bride solve her problems. The bad news is that this makes him rather

dull, old boy, despite his marine biology anecdotes and self-deprecatory badinage. And as with Marniekins, he's probably not going to age well with respectability. The crystal ball says bland. They better live it up while they can.

Lil: She did turn out to be a bit of a minx. Much worse is the situation she's stuck in. It might be

okay to stay at your in-law's house for a while, but when the newlyweds come back, it'll be a very

ticklish situation. She seems to get along well with the old Blightyphile, Mr. Rutland. She might

stay on as a kind of companion and all around assistant. And everything's free and of high quality

too. Still and all, it's a touchy place to be. Dependency always is.

Cousin Brucie Dern: Not a lot of screen time, but America's favorite 1970's movie psycho had to start

somewhere.

I Was Batman's batman: Old Man Rutland seemed like a splendid chap, a Harold Macmillan

type, with a nice touch of old world charm. Maybe he wasn't cut out for the rough and tumble

of the business world, like his son, but he did present a fine figure with a cup of tea in the drawing

room. Well done, Alfred.

Cheap Trick: The big deal about the screen glowing red when that color upsets Marnie is a bit like

the close up of Jimmy's giant head in Vertigo while things go all pre-psychedelic around him. Looks like something William Castle might have done. Luckily, it's kept short and sweet.

Good Morning O' Grimesy One..."Yes, that's a male fear. But it's not linked to power. I believe Mark and Marnie are involved in a male-female power play."

Well Marnie's in a fear-based relationship if I ever saw one. Some people control their fear with what they ("perceive") as power.

"I don't believe her being a thief is what is really upsetting him. It's all the emotional stuff. He wants to unlock her. He's searching for her combination.

Oh yes, I agree with you. Money, schmoney. He doesn't care about the money. He wants to see what makes Marnie click. I'm sorry if I wrote anything misleading. It is all emotional. on his part. Marnie's in fear. But again...next time I watch "Marnie" I shall keep my beady eyes on Mark.

And I'm going to keep my beady eyes on you...too.

Well Marnie's in a fear-based relationship if I ever saw one. Some people control their fear with what they ("perceive") as power.

Oooohh, I like that! I liked the "bedroom" scene where Marnie takes up Mark's challenges, defiantly so. She's teasing and mocking him and he ends up purposely pushing her "button." This is a very important power play because it goes a long way in trying to establish trust with Marnie (woman). Mark (man) knows what will hurt his woman. It's important to find out what is going to upset the other in a relationship. Once you figure this out, you can do your very best to protect and heal.

marnie20.jpg

marnie21.jpg

But again...next time I watch "Marnie" I shall keep my beady eyes on Mark.

I think of Mark as wanting to learn about Marnie for the reasons I stated above. Marnie is very similar to... :

catpeople39.jpg

And I'm going to keep my beady eyes on you...too.

What did I do?! I'm always sweet and loving.

> {quote:title=FrankGrimes wrote:}{quote}

> What were the 22 posts about? How perfect John Ford films are?

>

> Absolutely not! The 22 posts were about Fritz Lang. :P

About how psychotic he was on the set? That's true. :P

Actually I was the one who started a thread on him, as I recall. Remember? Unlike someone who shall remain nameless (FrankGrimes) who thinks he's so great.

HAPPY 22 GRAND (grand) posts, little lady!! Every one a gem!!

PS: here... Mr. Hitchcock is giving us a "suggestion" as to how to best deal w/ the Grey Dude's wrongheaded "22" wisecrack. :P HA!!!

hitchcock.jpg