Jump to content
 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What Are You Listening To?


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Eucalpytus P. Millstone said:

Re: Meanwhile Back in Outer Space

 

 Sun Ra had previously made some unsuccessful attempts to reach outa-space with his Solar Sound:     

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2021 at 3:55 PM, NoShear said:

  

 

                                                                                                                                          WYJJVoIoFuzPWM8UCwq4UuOWOKWl4PiSD06_3c3I

                                                                                                                                         "Make Tonto funk the T-Funk, Tonto want to get funked-up."

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, NoShear said:

 Sun Ra had previously made some unsuccessful attempts to reach outa-space with his Solar Sound:     

 

. . . which explains why extraterrestrial life forms haven't made contact with us.

A little of Sun Ra goes a long way with me.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/6/2021 at 3:40 PM, Allhallowsday said:

CAL TJADER Soul Sauce  

r-571101-1349108258-7348-jpeg.jpg

 I'm hoping you haven't heard the following cover version yet, Allhallowsday, but given your range, I'm not too hopeful:     

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NoShear said:

 Re:  

 

 Timebox, to my knowledge, is mostly noted for one of its members - Ollie Halsall, a brilliant but overlooked guitarist:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, NoShear said:

'm hoping you haven't heard the following cover version

Yes, and I think it's interesting but pales compared to TJADER... this is more my speed for Swingin' London

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2021 at 5:18 PM, NoShear said:

 I'm hoping you haven't heard the following cover version yet, Allhallowsday, but given your range, I'm not too hopeful:     

 

Although I am totally clueless about Timebox, I was familiar with Timebox's arrangement of Soul Sauce. It is sampled by the host of a local radio show. Thank you, NoShear, for helping me to identify that captivating intro.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Eucalpytus P. Millstone said:

Re: Although I am totally clueless about Timebox, I was familiar with Timebox's arrangement of Soul Sauce. It is sampled by the host of a local radio show. Thank you, NoShear, for helping me to identify that captivating intro."

 You're definitely most welcome, Eucalyptus P. Millstone. My introduction to the Cal Tjader cover, if I correctly recall, was through a MOJO magazine CD insert...

 Here was another MOJO turn-on for me if I correctly recall:     

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Eucalpytus P. Millstone said:

Re: Who was the producer? Zorba the Greek?"

 No coincidence to my knowledge, Eucalyptus P. Millstone. The desired bouzouki sound being achieved with an electric mandolin if I'm not mistaken.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, NoShear said:

 You're definitely most welcome, Eucalyptus P. Millstone. My introduction to the Cal Tjader cover, if I correctly recall, was through a MOJO magazine CD insert...

 Here was another MOJO turn-on for me if I correctly recall:     

 

Uhhhh, Honeychile.

Somebody who calls herself P. P. is the last person to be dissing others as not being groovy.

Just sayin'.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Eucalpytus P. Millstone said:

Re: "Before she ruined her voice . . ."

 Even craggy, I liked her for at least one song during the New Wave:     

 

  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NoShear said:

 One of my favorites from the English agriculturist, Jethro Tull:     

 

Major Jethro Tull fan here . . . up to Thick as a Brick*! I was devoted to JT during its early and "Progressive Rock" phases. Reasons for Waiting is a song that particularly soothes me into a calm, tranquil, and wistful mood.


* When the band "devolved" to Hard Rock/Heavy Metal, I lost interest and stopped listening.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eucalpytus P. Millstone said:

Major Jethro Tull fan here . . . up to Thick as a Brick*! I was devoted to JT during its early and "Progressive Rock" phases. Reasons for Waiting is a song that particularly soothes me into a calm, tranquil, and wistful mood.


* When the band "devolved" to Hard Rock/Heavy Metal, I lost interest and stopped listening.

 If I've correctly read the cutoff for you, Eucalyptus P. Millstone, it's a curious one: 1972 marked the full harvest of Jethro Tull! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NoShear said:

 Re: "If I've correctly read the cutoff for you, Eucalyptus P. Millstone, it's a curious one: 1972 marked the full harvest of Jethro Tull!"

...commercially-speaking in the United States, that is, which is to say commercially-speaking.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
© 2021 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...