Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What Are You Listening To?

9 minutes ago, Eucalpytus P. Millstone said:

Here's a tune that -- I wouldn't at all be surprised -- probably is or will be on "The Cancel Culture's" Hit List:

Speaking of, I'd like to just what in THEE HELL was going on here.

20 minutes ago, LuckyDan said:

Speaking of, I'd like to just what in THEE HELL was going on here.

LOL! I remember Gary Puckett & The Union Gap -- a band that would oft be included on "Golden Hits of the 60s" compilations, along with "Bubble Gum" groups and "One Hit Wonders" such as The Buckinghams, The Cyrkle, Tommy James and the Shondells, Blues Image, and Tommy Roe. I was never a fan.

I suppose we could also include Maurice Chevalier's rendition of "Thank Heaven for Little Girls" in a Pedophiles' Greatest Hits collection.

7 minutes ago, Eucalpytus P. Millstone said:

I suppose we could also include Maurice Chevalier's rendition of "Thank Heaven for Little Girls" in a Pedophiles' Greatest Hits collection.

Chevalier was celebrating the "delightful way" girls grow up, so the "little girls" line is really just a head-fake. But he was seriously annoying so yeah, toss it.

5 hours ago, LuckyDan said:

Chevalier was celebrating the "delightful way" girls grow up, so the "little girls" line is really just a head-fake. But he was seriously annoying so yeah, toss it.

Mmm-hmm. Yeah, right. Suurrrrrre he was.

Tell that to Ronan and Dylan Farrow, Rosie O'Donnell, Gloria Allred, and the #MeToo mob . . .

I can just hear Maurice:

"MOI? Un agresseur d'enfants?! C'est incroyable! C’est scandaleux!  C'est quoi ces conneries??!!?"

5 hours ago, SweetSue said:

Terrific song! Terrific voice!

Never heard of Margaret Whiting, who was not only a singer but also starred in her own TV show with her sister Barbara. Those Whiting Girls was a summer replacement for I Love Lucy and also a Desilu production ("surprise").

Not to be confused with actress Margaret Whiting.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Eucalpytus P. Millstone said:

Because you asked for it, Allhallowsday (yes, I sensed you wanted more) . . .

I stopped LES PAUL & MARY FORD to listen to MICHELE LEE.  I always kind of liked her... maybe not her record... :D

• Like 1