Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What Are You Listening To?

On 9/12/2021 at 10:31 PM, rjbartrop said:

"Miss Sarajevo is a song by U2 and Brian Eno, credited to the pseudonym "Passengers". It was released on 20 November 1995 as the only single from their album Original Soundtracks 1. Luciano Pavarotti makes a guest vocal appearance, singing the opera solo." -- Wikipedia

Thank you,  rjbartrop!

2 minutes ago, Eucalpytus P. Millstone said:

Thank you,  rjbartrop!

You're welcome.  I have the entire Passengers CD, and it's one of my favourite albums from the '90s.

This particular song still moves me to tears when Pavarotti goes into his solo.

1 hour ago, Eucalpytus P. Millstone said:

Both these terrific tunes were the A and B sides of a, IMO, perfect 45 (that I still have)

Though I've liked them a long time, I've never owned a TEN YEARS AFTER record... and then I think about the sheet records I did buy! 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, NoShear said:

Grace Jones covering the 1979 song by The Pretenders

That might be the one that made me first notice her... I love how GRACE JONES always kicks ****...a few years later this was the record of hers I loved, and man was it prescient:

• Like 1
8 hours ago, SweetSue said:

unironically love reading reviews like these🤣Can we request albums for you to review? Like seriously, I have a few I would absolutely love to hear your honest opinions on lol

You're sweet.  I have many reviews up, but I only write a review if I really know the record well...  here's a review I wrote nearly 15 years ago:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/RJDCQIIPCMASY?ref=pf_ov_at_pdctrvw_srp

Let me know whatever act interests you... and all of Crystallization is still up at YouTube; it's a lot of fun! 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Allhallowsday said:

Re: "You funny... the last review I wrote was for a record I never owned but could not stop listening to at YouTube..."

No, Allhallowsday, I was only half-joking: I wasn't actually expecting to read a "Mr. Soul" review from you but would not turn one down neither! 

2 hours ago, NoShear said:

No, Allhallowsday, I was only half-joking: I wasn't actually expecting to read a "Mr. Soul" review from you but would not turn one down neither! 

No?  As in response to what?  Any review link is something I'm want to do... I know you did not expect a review... :)

25 minutes ago, Allhallowsday said:

Re: "No?  As in response to what?  Any review link is something I'm want to do... I know you did not expect a review... :)"

In response to: "You funny... the last review I wrote was for a record I never owned but could not stop listening to at YouTube..."

I figured you didn't have a review of it as you might have linked it, but I would not have ignored it if you did, that's for sure!!

• Confused 1
24 minutes ago, rjbartrop said:

In Search of the Lost Chord is still one of my favourite albums, and this is such a great chilling out song.

Nice entry and apropos to the context of this site.

1 hour ago, Allhallowsday said:

Re: "No?  As in response to what?  Any review link is something I'm want to do... I know you did not expect a review... :)"

I would've liked to have read a review of "Mr. Soul" had there been one for you to link, Allhallowsday.

• Haha 1
51 minutes ago, NoShear said:

I would've liked to have read a review of "Mr. Soul" had there been one for you to link, Allhallowsday

Yes, and what does it all mean?   Bad acid epileptic fit... NEIL was always a true original. 

• Like 1