Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What Are You Listening To?

21 hours ago, Allhallowsday said:

That might be the one that made me first notice her... I love how GRACE JONES always kicks ****...a few years later this was the record of hers I loved, and man was it prescient:

Thanks for the clip!

Prescient in what way, Allhallowsday?

Do you mean how the LGBTQ crowd is persecuted, rejected, and reviled by "mainstream," "normal" society? If that's what you mean, that brand of prejudice has been going on since the Dawn of Man.

21 hours ago, Allhallowsday said:

You funny... the last review I wrote was for a record I never owned but could not stop listening to at YouTube... COSMIC DEALER Crystallization 

Review:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R10Q8DW0EWN3RG?ref=pf_ov_at_pdctrvw_srp

Never heard of Cosmic Dealer. Thanks for the introduction.

"When I joined the band it was called “Floating Fudge including the Cosmic Dealer.  But later we found the name was too long and we shortened it . . . The Cosmic Dealer album
Crystallization has become the most re-released album by a Dutch band ever. It had been one of the most expensive collectors albums from Holland." -- Cosmic Dealer interview 

12 minutes ago, Eucalpytus P. Millstone said:

Prescient in what way, Allhallowsday?

Do you mean how the LGBTQ crowd is persecuted, rejected, and reviled by "mainstream," "normal" society? If that's what you mean, that brand of prejudice has been going on since the Dawn of Man.

Prescient in the way she responded to how she was addressed by the media at the time, as she also un-popularly addressed racism... with the monkey puppets popping out of a mushroom, just like she had done at the beginning of the video...  "You kill me for living my life."   It foretells our time of "wokeness". 

11 minutes ago, Eucalpytus P. Millstone said:

Never heard of Cosmic Dealer. Thanks for the introduction.

If you are a record lover of that era, you might enjoy checking it out at YouTube.  I really like it.  It's so stupidly inept and a huge waste. 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Eucalpytus P. Millstone said:

All brands of prejudice have been going on since the Dawn of Man.  America has been aware of its own prejudices through all of its history.  It is, however, about timing, relevance, and truth.  We are getting there.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, rjbartrop said:

In Search of the Lost Chord is still one of my favourite albums, and this is such a great chilling out song.

Ride My Seesaw is an ab fab song to listen to while "working out." Its driving tempo and steady beat quicken the pulse and fuel-inject the adrenaline -- galvanizing one to GO FOR THE PUMP!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Eucalpytus P. Millstone said:

In Search of the Lost Chord is still one of my favourite albums

House Of Four Doors parts 1 and 2 dominate that album---perhaps an unpopular opinion, buuuut 🤷‍♀️😁

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Eucalpytus P. Millstone said:

Here's another Three Dog Night tune that I dig. Love the melody. The "message" of the song: meh! No country boy, I!

3 Dog is definitely one of those bands that just lifts my spirits immediately. Did they ever make a song that was "bad"?

45 minutes ago, SweetSue said:

3 Dog is definitely one of those bands that just lifts my spirits immediately. Did they ever make a song that was "bad"?

I would have to ask this  guy:

American Bullfrog | National Geographic

• Haha 2