Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What Are You Listening To?

This one is in my head after having come very close to saying the title phrase to someone this afternoon. Listening to it again just now, I wonder if the sentiments expressed would be unwelcome today. I think they might be. 

Moving right along, here's another personal fave with an appealing melody and disposable lyrics.

Sweet Baby James warbles "Southern California, that's as blue as a boy can be," later moaning, "I need your golden-gated city just like a hole in the head."

The Golden Gated City -- San Francisco -- is in northern California.

To paraphrase that Right Honorable Confederate Poet Lynyrd Skynyrd,

Well I hope James Taylor will remember
A southern man don't need him around anyhow

19 hours ago, Eucalpytus P. Millstone said:

Here's another tune in which strictly the music grabs me. The lyrics, OTOH, don't resonate with me, an atheist.

I LOVE the movie version of Godspell from 1972. My mom introduced it to me and now we try to watch it every easter. The soundtrack is one of the best!

Edit: it was 73 actually oops 🤣

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, SweetSue said:

😁

"Following its May [1967] release, the single made a fairly strong showing in the U.K., where it peaked at No. 6. Over in the U.S., The Wind Cries Mary went out as the B-side to Purple Haze and didn’t chart at all." -- Why Jimi Hendrix Was Glad ‘The Wind Cries Mary’ Didn’t Become a Bigger Hit

Utterly amazing and unbelievable to me that a solid-gold 45 offering Purple Haze and The Wind Cries Mary (both A sides, IMO) "didn't chart at all" in the U.S.

Thank you, SweetSue!

• Like 1