Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What Are You Listening To?

2 minutes ago, Eucalpytus P. Millstone said:

Had to sing it . . .?!

What kind of sick, twisted, perverted, cruel, evil fiend would force a child to sing Wind Beneath My Wings?!

There oughtta be a law!

Right?! What's worse is we had to sing it in front of all our family and friends as like a dedication to them, it was rough.ūüė™

• Sad 1
9 hours ago, Eucalpytus P. Millstone said:

Well, Taylor moans that southern California makes him feel blue.

Seems to me that his feelings for The Golden State aren't . . . golden.

He is nice to listen to... never bought a record of his.   He is a bit nasal...

12 hours ago, SweetSue said:

I thought of the Move's "Blackberry Way" (1968) and, sure enough, there was a Birmingham bond there between the two bands but, interestingly, "Blackberry Way" is said to have been a borrow of "...motifs from the Idle Race...":     

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, NoShear said:

Re: "...there was a Birmingham bond..."

Developed darker with Black Sabbath - Ozzy Osbourne has said Birmingham, England, was an ugly place if I correctly recall:     

• Like 1
1 hour ago, JamesJazGuitar said:

One of the first rock songs I learn when I was in a cover band many decades ago:

Had considered posting the following with you in mind back in the days when you were still known as jamesjazzguitar...

Originally festooning himself some prosthetic "fingertips" following an industrial accident, Tony Iommi took inspiration from Django Reinhardt - travel to about 2:26 and listen, JamesJazGuitar:     

• Like 1

IMO, Ray Davies artfully and consummately crafted the most witty double entendre in Rock 'n Roll*:

Well, I'm not the world's most masculine man
But I know what I am and I'm glad I'm a man
And so is Lola

* RANT ALERT! Some of the lyrics to Lola that I found on the Web are blatantly, annoyingly, and idiotically w-r-o-n-g! Not an isolated case, alas. I just "love" how some schmendrick inaccurately transcribes lyrics, which are subsequently copied and virulently spread all over The Web --  à la the pandemic  -- to become the "definitive" lyrics. Bah!

• Thanks 1