Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What Are You Listening To?

On 9/30/2021 at 10:41 AM, SweetSue said:

Well . . . I can't say that I was ever into Girl Rockers. That said, I found Man is a Man "music to my ears."

The QuatroRock Website

Despite my disinterest in "Chick Rock," I did buy the album that included this timeless ballad* . . .

The album debuted the same year as Ramones (the eponymous vinyl introduction to the Rock band of the same name, which I also acquired). At the time, I thought that The Runaways ate the lunch of the grotty punkers from NYC, and predicted that the gals would have a long, fabulous, superstar career while The Ramones would bite the Big One and fade away into obscurity.

. . . which is why I don't have a career in the music biz.

* Fun Fact! Cherry Bomb was The Runaways' cover of the popular hit by Kate Smith (the B side of God Bless America and, of course, Smith's signature song).

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Eucalpytus P. Millstone said:

Tiny Tim ain't got nothin' on Bob 'n Ray!

TINY's version with GARY LAWRENCE is a wonderful piece of music, that BOB & RAY was only funny for a moment... and my mother used to listen to BOB & RAY (I think I've still got some vinyl of theirs... like Mary Backstage Noble Wife...) 

19 minutes ago, Allhallowsday said:

TINY's version with GARY LAWRENCE is a wonderful piece of music, that BOB & RAY was only funny for a moment... and my mother used to listen to BOB & RAY (I think I've still got some vinyl of theirs... like Mary Backstage Noble Wife...) 

Everybody's a critic.

Here's a funnier Bob & Ray routine:

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Allhallowsday said:

Re: "Start with yourself.  You're the critic.  I just don't agree they have it over TINY."

I don't think you realize how heavy-handed you can come off with your likes/dislikes.

• Thanks 1

Peak chick rock from 1979. When this came on the radio, every girl would stop and sing along. Some with hairbrush mics. It is catchy as hell.

Why two guitar players are involved I don't know. You can see Skunk laughing at 2:00, thinking "Why am I even here?" 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Eucalpytus P. Millstone said:

I think I touched a nerve of the president of the Tiny Tim Fan Club.

Chill, Prez.

Not at all.  Emboldened, eh?  Very well.  Not no fan of TINY TIM but I'll own that too if I need to.   I responded to your remark.  You are the pot calling the kettle black. 

Just now, Allhallowsday said:

Not at all.  Emboldened, eh?  Very well.  Not no fan of TINY TIM but I'll own that too if I need to.   I responded to your remark.  You are the pot calling the kettle black. 

Yeah well, grass is legal in California, and I callzum as I seezum.

6 minutes ago, Eucalpytus P. Millstone said:

A couple of (now politically incorrect*, "sexist," and  "cringeworthy") tunes vocalized by Jack Jones . . .

I have a collection of his hits.  I like JACK JONES and those tunes. 

• Like 1

It's been a while since I posted, but I've been enjoying a lot of newly discovered music (new to me at least). 

I can't get enough of Bread and David Gates.

This one with the great Glen Campbell really got me. 🥰

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Eucalpytus P. Millstone said:

A couple of (now politically incorrect*, "sexist," and  "cringeworthy") tunes vocalized by Jack Jones . . .

The "little girl" thing was a little much and needed to go. Rockers and bluesmen did it too. 

On 10/1/2021 at 1:02 PM, LuckyDan said:

This is a very late winter or Autumn song to me somehow. Works in March as well as October.

On 10/1/2021 at 1:02 PM, LuckyDan said:

This is a very late winter or Autumn song to me somehow. Works in March as well as October

I love that whole record.  Speaking of Crosby, Stills, and Nash, this one is probably my sentimental favorite: