Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What Are You Listening To?

1 hour ago, NoShear said:

I didn't recognize you at first, SweetSue: You changed your avatar!

Hehe indeed I did! I like to change it up every month or so, so I decided Clara Bow as a clown gave more Halloween vibes😂

• Like 2
5 hours ago, SweetSue said:

Re: "Hehe indeed I did! I like to change it up every month or so, so I decided Clara Bow as a clown gave more Halloween vibes😂"

Here's an obvious one with one of your favorite genres in mind during this season of the witch, SweetSue:     

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, NoShear said:

Here's an obvious one with one of your favorite genres in mind during this season of the witch, SweetSue:     

Thank you! Donovan is one of my all time faves 😁

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Allhallowsday said:

Back in the vinyl days, (here comes my hyperbole again) everybody seemed to have a copy of DONOVAN'S GREATEST HITS:)

Well that explains why I found my copy at an estate sale of an elderly person a couple years back haha!😂

5 hours ago, Allhallowsday said:

NEIL YOUNG Comes A Time

This record was the first NEIL YOUNG record I bought new when it was released.  Later, I picked up a CD and upload of which is what I listen to and love. 

• Like 1
On 10/5/2021 at 7:58 PM, Allhallowsday said:

Re: "This record was the first NEIL YOUNG record I bought new when it was released."

My first real-time record by The Who - released the same year as 'yours', Allhallowsday:     

• Like 2

During the 1960s in Los Angeles, California, TV station KHJ (Channel 9) delighted Horror and Science-Fiction movie fans with its showcase Strange Tales. The theme music was an outré arrangement of Harold Arlen's Out of this World by Jazz composer Kenyon Hopkins and orchestrated by Hopkins (who used the alias "Creed Taylor").

33 minutes ago, Eucalpytus P. Millstone said:

This 1963 "spoken word" album

I own a copy on vinyl... I still have all of my "Halloween" records, most are sound effects or "spoken word" like Famous Monsters Speak.   I have music too like ZACHERLE's albums and 45s.  I've got an orange vinyl record shaped like a pumpkin... it has 4 obscure tracks on it. 

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Allhallowsday said:

I own a copy on vinyl... I still have all of my "Halloween" records, most are sound effects or "spoken word" like Famous Monsters Speak.   I have music too like ZACHERLE's albums and 45s.  I've got an orange vinyl record shaped like a pumpkin... it has 4 obscure tracks on it. 

I also still have my vinyl record of Famous Monster Speak, ordered from Famous Monsters of Filmland (probably from its mail-order offshoot Captain Company).

From rival monster mag Castle of Frankenstein, I ordered (and had a devil of a time receiving*) Dracula, an lp (which I also still own) recorded by Christopher Lee. The images accompanying Lee's narration in this YouTube clip are from a 1966 paperback produced by editor Russ Jones, adapted by Otto Binder and Craig Tennis, and exquisitely illustrated by Alden McWilliams.

* A common experience I subsequently learned. CoF publisher and editor Calvin T. Beck's mail-order business was precarious and unreliable.

• Like 1