Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What Are You Listening To?

On 10/19/2021 at 4:46 AM, NoShear said:

..and speaking of "...the rabbit hole of weird 60s psychedelic..."

I had that GREAT SOCIETY record on vinyl.  GRACE brought with her the only 2 top 40 hits AIRPLANE ever had.   Meanwhile, the hits helped but they came up out of SFO at the perfect moment for AOR.  I love JEFFERSON AIRPLANE

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Allhallowsday said:

Re: "^ You guys impress me, I didn't think anybody listened to classic Punk like BAD BRAINS or DEATH..."

Los Angeles punk was my youth scene during the early 1980s, Allhallowsday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Allhallowsday said:

^ You guys impress me, I didn't think anybody listened to classic Punk like BAD BRAINS or DEATH...

BUZZCOCKS Singles Going Steady 

R-758742-1582412814-1394.png.jpg

1 hour ago, NoShear said:

Los Angeles punk was my youth scene during the early 1980s, Allhallowsday.

And I just think it's super cool lol

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, Allhallowsday said:

Re: "I think the first truly Punk record I bought was Fresh Fruit For Rotting Vegetables ..."

One of its songs arguably is the greatest studio offering of the punk genre:    

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Allhallowsday said:

Re: "... I wish I'd owned Los Angeles ..."

I honestly can type that I caught one of X's shows at the Whisky a Go Go the very year LOS ANGELES was originally released (1980)...

I wish I could type that I was at the following gig at the celebrated West Hollywood venue - note one of Eddie Van Halen's legendary Frankenstrats:

df964215c4463a2ff62eb27caf1eb218.jpg 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, NoShear said:

I honestly can type that I caught one of X's shows at the Whisky a Go Go the very year LOS ANGELES was originally released (1980)...

Not to upstage you or anything because that is super cool and I am jealous, but I honestly can type that I have a very personal relationship to someone who performed at the Whisky a Go Go in 1982. 🤫