Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What Are You Listening To?

14 hours ago, SweetSue said:

Re: "Not to upstage you or anything because that is super cool and I am jealous, but I honestly can type that I have a very personal relationship to someone who performed at the Whisky a Go Go in 1982. 🤫"

I concede the top of the bill to you, SweetSue.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, SweetSue said:

Not to upstage you or anything because that is super cool and I am jealous, but I honestly can type that I have a very personal relationship to someone who performed at the Whisky a Go Go in 1982. 🤫

With your "...very personal relationship..." and the Whisky a Go Go in mind, SweetSue:     

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Eucalpytus P. Millstone said:

Thanks for the memories, SweetSue!

I earlier reminisced how _Walk Away Renée and _Pretty Ballerina_ were spun at the Friday night dances at my junior high school (a happier time in my life). Here is another tune that was on the dance night playlist.

Oh my goodness, this is so sweet! What a time to be young, how I wish my dances played these songs. Times have changed so much haha😔

• Like 1
1 hour ago, NoShear said:

With your "...very personal relationship..." and the Whisky a Go Go in mind, SweetSue:     

Love "Love"😂

I would honestly  be so curious if anyone attended that show at the Whisky, but not sure I wanna expose certain info out to the world haha, but I'd be more than happy to message with anyone who actively saw shows there in the 80s to see if they may recall. 🤔

10 minutes ago, SweetSue said:

Re: Oh my goodness, this is so sweet! What a time to be young, how I wish my dances played these songs. Times have changed so much haha😔

Yes, I was similarly thinking, SweetSue: My junior high was the Quaalude crowd!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, NoShear said:

Yes, I was similarly thinking, SweetSue: My junior high was the Quaalude crowd!

Every so often I get flashbacks to the strobe lights and loud EDM and everyone pushing against each other...not so fun times 😭😂

• Like 1
1 hour ago, NoShear said:

You had me at the title:  STRAWBERRY FEELS FOREVER

I was wondering why I hadn't written a review for CAPTAIN BEEFHEART's first album (Safe As Milk) which is easily his most accessible and listenable album.   BEEFHEART had some wonderful moments but very spotty. 

My reviews are old... here's the review I wrote for the followup to Strictly Personal (Trout Mask Replica) : 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/RAM4OVC47J4XC?ref=pf_ov_at_pdctrvw_srp

38 minutes ago, Allhallowsday said:

I was wondering why I hadn't written a review for CAPTAIN BEEFHEART's first album (Safe As Milk) which is easily his most accessible and listenable album.   BEEFHEART had some wonderful moments but very spotty. 

My reviews are old... here's the review I wrote for the followup to Strictly Personal (Trout Mask Replica) : 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/RAM4OVC47J4XC?ref=pf_ov_at_pdctrvw_srp

Your interesting review of "China Pig" prompted a listen...

Yes, Allhallowsday, the electric guitar has that seen too much of this world-liness to it:   

7 hours ago, NoShear said:

The only LOVE album I ever owned (on vinyl too)... maybe the only LOVE album anybody ever owned...  I listen to that every Summer. 

On 10/21/2021 at 2:34 AM, LuckyDan said:

Alexandra Whittingham, from lockdown last year, playing "Torijo" by Federico Moreno Torroba (1891-1982). 

This is one of a suite of pieces entitled Castillos de España (Castles of Spain) composed in two volumes and published in 1971 and 1978. Very Spanish but a little more contemporary-sounding than much of the classical guitar repertoire from Spain -  Torroba wrote for guitar but did not play it. This could almost be from the Southwestern USA at times to my ears 

¡Muy encantador!

The beginning, to me, sounded like "How dry I am." ¡No obstante, muy encantador! ¡Gracias, Senor LuckyDan!

• Like 1
On 10/21/2021 at 5:08 PM, SweetSue said:

When that hit was on the charts, a limited edition, heart-shaped 45 rpm record was released. I bought it and gave it as a Valentine's Day gift to a girl whom I thought I was in love with at the time (she kinda looked like a plump Myrna Loy). She ended up going back to an old boyfriend, and the only thing I missed was that Collector's Item.

mBleVMW3V8S7eI=&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, Eucalpytus P. Millstone said:

Shhhh! Not so loud! The neighbors might hear! Oh, the shame! Oh, the mortification!

These are the only tunes by Love that I remember.

You do seem to have an appreciation for music of that era, but LOVE were kind of a West Coast secret and only really listened to by record junkies (like me-and I'm too young).  By the mid 70s, all of LOVE was out of print OOP except Forever Changes...  I think they did have a bit of a Top 40 presence, but not much and probably '66. 

...And speaking of the Whiskey-A-Go-Go, that was the only venue LOVE routinely played and they probably never toured!  

Oh!  I wrote a review of Forever Changes :

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R2AE39PRXAD95P?ref=pf_ov_at_pdctrvw_srp

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, _Broadway_ said:

I rediscovered this great Reader's Digest album when going through stuff in my closet the other day. There is something so calming about 1960's orchestral and easy listening music.

I love music like that; listening now.  Very much in my wheelhouse.

3 minutes ago, Allhallowsday said:

I love music like that; listening now.  Very much in my wheelhouse.

Glad you like it! The album has 11 records in total, and all of them are on YouTube! Part 1 and part 8 are my two favorites. The vocals in part 8 are so mesmerizing.

• Like 1

Lately I've been digging into Randy Meisner's solo career. He was the original bassist for the Eagles, and the best singer of the group in my opinion, which is why I started following his work. I sent him an autograph request with a picture a couple months ago, but no luck. Others have had success in the past, but I guess he doesn't do it anymore. 😞

I just recently discovered he went back to Poco in the 80's.

Really love this song.

• Like 1