Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What Are You Listening To?

5 hours ago, Rudy's Girl said:

Lately I've been digging into Randy Meisner's solo career. He was the original bassist for the Eagles, and the best singer of the group in my opinion

I think DON HENLEY and GLENN FREY may have pushed him out of THE EAGLES...

• Like 1

Great Stratocaster Recordings #73.

I wish Jimi Hendrix had taken better care of himself and outlived his psychedelic phase. I like to think he would have taken a more melodic turn had he lasted.

Robin Trower made a mark in that direction with this album. 

Robin is one of those guitarists who named his band after himself but is not it's voice. That's the late James Dewar on vocals and bass.

• Thanks 1
14 hours ago, SweetSue said:

Said to be the first song Todd Rundgren composed, "Hello It's Me" is love's lament that took about six years, two completely different takes and the eventual edited version to finally yield its successful switchboard response.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, Allhallowsday said:

Not looking like a Top 10 artist, check out how weird he looks here:

Yes, Allhallowsday, I was thinking earlier this morning how alien Todd Rundgren looked here. Nevertheless, the music of glam was highly accessible.

28 minutes ago, SweetSue said:

This is one of my "secret" favorite songs of all time.

The entire 10CC album was up on YouTube - The Original Soundtrack - I think.  Very good unexpected album! 

EDIT: Yup, that's it.

10cc-The_Original_Soundtrack_(album_cove

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, SweetSue said:

Speaking of your preceding drop of the Yardbirds and this song, SweetSue, "I'm Not in Love"'s supporting songwriter and multi-instrumentalist - Graham Gouldman - had once given the appearance of being a 6th member of the Yardbirds: He composed most of the British band's best non-blues numbers.

• Thanks 2
33 minutes ago, NoShear said:

Speaking of your preceding drop of the Yardbirds and this song, SweetSue, "I'm Not in Love"'s supporting songwriter and multi-instrumentalist - Graham Gouldman - had once given the appearance of being a 6th member of the Yardbirds: He composed most of the British band's best non-blues numbers.

NoShear getting bonus points once again! Well done my friend😁

3 hours ago, SweetSue said:

"I Saw the Light", "I'm Not in Love"...

These past hours seem to have found you in the lushness of the Seventies, SweetSue.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, NoShear said:

"I Saw the Light", "I'm Not in Love"...

These past hours seem to have found you in the lushness of the Seventies, SweetSue.

Indeed, you're correct. Seems to be the vibe recently lol

• Like 1