Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What Are You Listening To?

9 minutes ago, SweetSue said:

I don't think I've ever brought up Pink Floyd on this thread, which is insane bc they're one of my all time favorites🤔

"You Forgot the Colour Film"

Sorry to dog you with another gray response today, SweetSue:    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, SweetSue said:

I don't think I've ever brought up Pink Floyd on this thread, which is insane bc they're one of my all time favorites🤔

Me too.  Back in the day, I had the first two albums on a double album compilation titled A Nice Pair.   I no longer have Ummagumma (probably someday) and Obscured By Clouds, but otherwise I had to have all of the other (real) albums (not Division Bell ...) on CD.

5 minutes ago, Allhallowsday said:

Me too.  Back in the day, I had the first two albums on a double album compilation titled A Nice Pair.   I no longer have Ummagumma (probably someday) and Obscured By Clouds, but otherwise I had to have all of the other (real) albums (not Division Bell ...) on CD.

Thanks to my dad I have those still, besides Obscured By Clouds

Animals is another great album to have, we have the sleeve/ cover for the vinyl, but unfortunately we are pretty certain a family friend stole the actual record at one point which sucks lol.

2 hours ago, Allhallowsday said:

Re: "The live clip is great, but there's nothing  better than original studio recordings... :)"

Generally, I'd be in agreement, Allhallowsday, but discovery rules: I heard the video of the song first!

Another example of first discovery for me - apologies to the Jimi Hendrix Experience:     

• Like 1
3 hours ago, NoShear said:

Again, the first listen often gets the nod.

That makes sense, since it was JIMI's "Little Wing" before I took interest in CLAPTON...

However!  Though I grew up loving DIONNE WARWICK and still do, it's BOBBIE GENTRY's "I'll Never Fall In Love Again" that I love best... and I didn't hear it back in the day and I always loved her...

10 hours ago, Allhallowsday said:

That makes sense, since it was JIMI's "Little Wing" before I took interest in CLAPTON...

However!  Though I grew up loving DIONNE WARWICK and still do, it's BOBBIE GENTRY's "I'll Never Fall In Love Again" that I love best... and I didn't hear it back in the day and I always loved her...

Well, it's not foolproof...

I would've been surprised to read that you remembered the Bobbie Gentry version, Allhallowsday: I think of you having been a little Willy Wonka kid in the early 1970s.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, chaya bat woof woof said:

just now - on YouTube - two songs for the Sabbath, Monster Mash, Time Warp (great songs to hear on the radio); also Puttin on the Ritz from Young Frankenstein

After reading your post on the Miss Gulch/Wicked Witch transition, chaya bat woof woof, I sampled some GIFs - the stuff of childhood nightmares:

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611d9ccc63b47056f7ea26f45b6f30d4fe9e0251479&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, NoShear said:

I would've been surprised to read that you remembered the Bobbie Gentry version, Allhallowsday: I think of you having been a little Willy Wonka kid in the early 1970s.

Like Willie Wonka only in character... but yes, a kid, though I remember DIONNE's version of that song because it was a hit record and my mother did like Pop radio... Now BOBBIE's version was a huge hit in the UK, but did not dent US charts. 

• Like 1
On 10/24/2021 at 6:58 PM, SweetSue said:

Re: "...I honestly can type that I have a very personal relationship to someone who performed at the Whisky a Go Go in 1982. 🤫"

Not fishin', SweetSue, just wishin' you a "Happy Halloween!":

45Grave_08.jpg

Out of the graveyard of punk arose the Paisley Underground...

Perhaps an asp and a black wig is in your wardrobe for this evening: 

• Like 1

Broadcasting from radio station KBOO (666 AM on your radio dial), it's DJ B L Z-Bub, y'all, spinning my faves (and maybe yours) from The Halloween Hit Parade!

Giving a candy-coated shout-out to all the Cool Ghouls who already got this party started! You cats are outtasight!

This one goes out to My Main Man, the late, great Lon Chaney (Senior) who famously opined (roughly),

"A clown is funny in the circus ring. But what would be the normal reaction to opening a door at midnight, and finding the same clown standing there in the moonlight?"

Soiled undies?

As my friend the merry mortician Burke N. Hare often says:

Can you dig it?

• Like 2