Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What Are You Listening To?

14 hours ago, SweetSue said:

News to me that King Harvest was a Franco-American band.

Dancing in the Moonlight reminds me of this Seventies hit by another one-hit wonder band, Looking Glass. The lead vocalists of King Harvest and Looking Glass, to me, sound almost like the same person.

According to Wikipedia, Brandy (You're a Fine Girl) charted at Number One for one week in 1972 and was toppled by Alone Again (Naturally), sung by Rudy's Girl fave Gilbert O'Sullivan.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Allhallowsday said:

NEIL YOUNG Comes A Time 

R-428733-1224925181.jpeg.jpg

I was thinking about that very song earlier. Especially the line about tall trees laying down. That was one of my play along records when I was first learning guitar.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, LuckyDan said:

I was thinking about that very song earlier. Especially the line about tall trees laying down. That was one of my play along records when I was first learning guitar.

Ironically I was reading your post just as that 2nd track was playing... the album of NEIL's I listen to most. 

• Like 1

The Santa Claus Lane Parade, now known as the Hollywood Christmas Parade, was the inspiration for the following tune seventy-five years ago on or about this Thanksgiving Eve: 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Allhallowsday said:

NICK DRAKE Bryter Layter

516n00ms+GL._SX466_.jpg

Thanks for the intro to Nick Drake, Allhallowsday!

Totally unfamiliar with this singer. My brief research on Drake revealed that he was a tortured artist, who died young (age 26). His voice, to me, has a sensitive "Donovan" quality that I find pleasurably soothing (or soothingly pleasurable). Love the acoustic guitar melodies!

• Thanks 1
34 minutes ago, Eucalpytus P. Millstone said:

Totally unfamiliar with this singer.

Bryter Layter is NICK DRAKE's second album, and most accessible.  I like all three of his albums proper, but would recommend Pink Moon to anyone. 

• Like 1