Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What Are You Listening To?

7 minutes ago, SweetSue said:

Gee, thanks. That's very nice of you. Didn't know we resorted to bullying. 🙄

Oh, girl, I'm just kidding you.  It's not personal.  When that 45 was new, I bought a copy...!  I admit though, I don't like PAUL as much as I used to.  Please don't be offended, I apologize. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Allhallowsday said:

Oh, girl, I'm just kidding you.  It's not personal.  When that 45 was new, I bought a copy...!  I admit though, I don't like PAUL as much as I used to.  Please don't be offended, I apologize. 

Haha I figured as much, I've had too many people give me a hard time about liking the song in the past, no harm done. 😂

I am curious why you don't like him as much as you used to though🤔I get interests and things change, but if you have a story about a bad experience with him or his music I'd be interested to hear it, unless of course it's too sad or personal.😅

3 minutes ago, SweetSue said:

Haha I figured as much, I've had too many people give me a hard time about liking the song in the past, no harm done. 😂

I am curious why you don't like him as much as you used to though🤔I get interests and things change, but if you have a story about a bad experience with him or his music I'd be interested to hear it, unless of course it's too sad or personal.😅

I still kind of like not liking that song... and it occurred to me I didn't buy the 45, I played it night after night on the jukebox at a diner I hung out at 40 or so years ago.  As far as the rest, none of the above.  Back as a teenager, I bought all of his records including WINGS except Wild Life.   I stopped with McCARTNEY II and replaced just a select few on CD.  Too many rotten albums (think London Town  Back To The Egg and that last I bought...)  Each contained tunes I liked, but were truly junk.  Meanwhile, I had kind of gotten over BEATLES years before, but loved them then and still.  Just not the solo work so much, and I did come to love JOHN's songs more than I had... 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, SweetSue said:

. . . but if you have a story about a bad experience with him or his music I'd be interested to hear it . . .

My "The Dark Side of Paul McCartney" Story

. . . which involved one of my siblings and not me. Happened a long, long, long time ago when she was working in Security at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX).

Before boarding, The McCartneys (Paul and Linda) had to undergo screening and a baggage check that took a little too long for "The Cute Beatle." Screeners were meticulously searching his luggage for grass. After Mr. and Mrs. M. were finally allowed to proceed to board, Paul bid my sister and her colleagues "Cheerio!" by peevishly "flipping them the bird."

1-2-3-FAH!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Eucalpytus P. Millstone said:

. . . which involved one of my siblings and not me. Happened a long, long, long time ago when she was working in Security at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX).

Before boarding, The McCartneys (Paul and Linda) had to undergo screening and a baggage check that took a little too long for "The Cute Beatle." Screeners were meticulously searching his luggage for grass. After Mr. and Mrs. M. were finally allowed to proceed to board, Paul bid my sister and her colleagues "Cheerio!" by peevishly "flipping them the bird."

1-2-3-FAH!

Wow that would have been an honor...for me at least.😂

12 hours ago, Eucalpytus P. Millstone said:

I wonder if this was before or after their experience that lead to the song Band on the Run.

1 hour ago, JamesJazGuitar said:

I wonder if this was before or after their experience that lead to the song Band on the Run.

Allhallowsday is correct.

My sister's experience with Paul McCartney happened about ten years after the release of Band on the Run.

. . . or maybe it was twelve years after.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, Allhallowsday said:

Apparently he can be the self-entitled jerk I've long suspected.  Big ego.:unsure:

In that incident I can understand his reaction. They were hoping to bust him. Because of who he was. Sounds like. 

• Like 1