• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What Are You Listening To?

movieman1957

On 1/29/2022 at 1:36 PM, Allhallowsday said:

HERB ALPERT & THE TIJUANA BRASS  Whipped Cream & Other Delights  

71DW4xqYZqL._SL1200_.jpg

Extraordinarily Fond of Herbed Tijuana Brass. ..for More reasons than one i must admit

No Offense Nor Disrespect to a Single Other Here. You have an Amazingly Ecclectic Array of Music.  Any type(s) You DON'T Like ? (Not Being Funny with that. I myself often live and breath music.)

Not fond of country. Though a. I Do Like Maren Morris, Brothers Osborne, and Alison Krauss (who imo weaves inbetween country and bluegrass.); b. seems as if portions of this Have been conversed upon.

My Apologies and Kindly Disregard (altogether) if that is in fact the case. 

25 minutes ago, Aritosthenes said:

No Offense Nor Disrespect to a Single Other Here. You have an Amazingly Ecclectic Array of Music.  Any type(s) You DON'T Like ? (Not Being Funny with that. I myself often live and breath music.)

Not fond of country. Though a. I Do Like Maren Morris, Brothers Osborne, and Alison Krauss (who imo weaves inbetween country and bluegrass.); b. seems as if portions of this Have in fact been conversed upon.

My Apologies and Kindly Disregard (altogether) if that is in fact the case. 

No apologies necessary, as far as I'm concerned,  Aritosthenes.

I also am not fond of Country & Western music.  Ditto Folk Music and Womyn's Music. Heavy Metal Rock, mariachi and Tex-Mex music, Rap and Hip-Hop, Polka music, Salsa music, East Indian music, Afro-Cuban music -- any music that is heavy on brass and percussion and very LOUD with screaming, caterwauling singers is not to my taste.

Actually, these days I don't listen to much music, which doesn't have the same importance and meaning in my life that it did when I was much, much younger. Now music, for me, is primarily background filler that is soothing and which doesn't require my complete attention. I mainly listen to "talk radio" and news (NPR and Pacifica Radio),  and Jazz and Classical Music.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Eucalpytus P. Millstone said:

I also am not fond of Country & Western music.  Ditto Folk Music and Womyn's Music. Heavy Metal Rock, mariachi and Tex-Mex music, Rap and Hip-Hop, Polka music, Salsa music, East Indian music, Afro-Cuban music -- any music that is heavy on brass and percussion and very LOUD with screaming, caterwauling singers is not to my taste.

Actually, these days I don't listen to much music, which doesn't have the same importance and meaning in my life that it did when I was much, much younger. Now music, for me, is primarily background filler that is soothing and which doesn't require my complete attention. I mainly listen to "talk radio" and news (NPR and Pacifica Radio),  and Jazz and Classical Music.

Quite the big afficianado of NPR, Jazz, and Classical as Well.

From Jazz - I'm Particularly Inclined toward the Charlies (Barnett and Parker.). Along with a Lovely Versatile Singer by name of Gretchen Parlato (sp).  Classical - I'm especially inclined toward Dvorak of late.

And, on the topic of Soothing Sounds and Such. Call this Whatever You May but I've (also) become fond of certain asmr themes (and topics) when it comes to unwinding and decompressing.

23 minutes ago, Eucalpytus P. Millstone said:

Dvorak (of late) is my favourite Classical composer. But that said, my inclinations and preferences in this genre "explode" into a hundred million (or so) smaller, more specific directions with (much) more "classic" eclectic-specific favourites.  Ravel's Bolero, for example. The likes of which I've found "layer" freakishly well onto the march from the Empire Stikes Back.

I Definitely have Three Favorite Classical Conductors: Arthur Fiedler, Leonard Bernstein, and Sir Nievel Mariner (sp)

27 minutes ago, Eucalpytus P. Millstone said:

Almost Forgot. Am Also Quite Inclined toward J.S. Bach as well.

12 hours ago, Aritosthenes said:

Any type(s) You DON'T Like ?

Nothing pops to mind, except I am generally not interested in Death Metal or Hair Metal.  I tend to avoid artists not genres.  I do not like BLACK SABBATH at all and feel they are overrated. 

TUBEWAY ARMY Replicas 

gary-numan-tubeway-army-replicas-album-c

• Like 1