Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What Are You Listening To?

movieman1957

49 minutes ago, JamesJazGuitar said:

Couldn't really find out why Parsons and Hillman came up with the name for the band

Don't know why name.  They were in THE BYRDS together briefly (GRAM PARSONS was a late short-time BYRD).  Both had left and subsequently formed FLYING BURRITO BROTHERS.   Burrito Deluxe was the BROTHERS 2nd and last album with PARSONS (fired by HILLMAN I believe, which was typical for PARSONS, a drug addict waste of huge talent).  Their 1st album is a masterpiece. 

14 hours ago, LuckyDan said:

I heard it on KXT for the first time myself today and it's over 10 years old. 

And then ... Wait ... Amy Winehouse died?

There is an excellent movie about her life.......can't give you any details but really well done and pretty moving.

• Like 1

KEN BURNS JAZZ  

R-5083954-1384044073-7092.jpeg.jpg

I think this collection has taken some criticism, but I don't know how they could have done better with 6 CDs to fill up and give an overview.  It's a primer.   This collection is perfect for a dilettante like me.  It's nice to listen to classic recordings I otherwise wouldn't have in my collection, which is light on Jazz. 

• Like 2

On 8/8/2022 at 4:47 PM, LuckyDan said:

As a teen I thought she was the most beautiful creature on earth. Went to see her sing while sitting in the farthest possible seat in the arena. She looked about as big as this font from where I was watching, but I ate that show up anyway.

• Like 1

One of my favorite modern music artists released a new album recently and I am really enjoying it. "Window Shopping" and "Jellystoning" are my favorite tracks, but honestly I am starting to really like each track. "Night Sweats" is a great display of Graham's ability to masterfully weave a bunch of different rhythms and sounds into something absolutely perfect.

• Thanks 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings