Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What Are You Listening To?

movieman1957

I think I put this one up every time it comes to mind, and I'm always surprised it doesn't go back to like 1972. 

How would I have heard this in 79? I'm sure my AOR stations weren't playing it. It must have just been in the air. 

58 minutes ago, Grumpytoad said:

Excellent song.

On the same album was their  "Born To Be Wild" cover. I happen to prefer it instrumentally over Steppwolfs   recording.  

Dam good band. They happened either too late or too soon. They seemed to be throwback misfits among the alt rockers but not exactly home with the hair and spandex guys either. They're touring now in support of a new album called "Under the Midnight Sun." I listened to a couple of selections from it last night but neither really grabbed me. Ian's voice has changed with age, as voices will. He doesn't sound bad but he does sound different. I hope they're doing well. 

• Like 1

Remember "Rollin' on the River"? I liked the idea  of a "Hee Haw" for pop music. Here are Terry Williams and Kenny Rogers introducing Looking Glass. November 72.

Misheard lyric: It was a little while before I figured out he was singing Brandy's "eyes could steal a sailor from the sea." (I still sing it my way.)

• Like 1

On 9/19/2022 at 12:11 AM, LuckyDan said:

I had never looked at that one before, thanks! 

For decades, I avoided Goat's Head Soup, partly because of rotten reviews I'd read back in the day.  Fast forward about 30 years and I went thru a 70s STONES re-discovery phase and was listening to it and knowing it and realizing Mississippi goddam THE STONES don't have a bad record!!! 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Allhallowsday said:

Fast forward about 30 years and I went thru a 70s STONES re-discovery phase and was listening to it and knowing it and realizing Mississippi goddam THE STONES don't have a bad record!!! 

Same here but I went through my reappraisal in the 90s. 

© 2022 Turner Classic Movies Inc. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings