Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
movieman1957

What Are You Listening To?

This has been in my head for 5 straight days.

Psychedelic-Furs-Heartbreak-Beat-554440.

I'm hoping posting it will make it go away. Loved it for the first few hours but dayum. Enough.

Thank you very much for the music. I'm quite fond of some of Vaughan Williams' music. This was a new piece to me. (Something else for us to talk about.)

Sorry to be so long to tell you but I just got back from TN and the funeral.

Not at all, Chris.

I only just discovered Vaughan Williams thanks to a video posted by Maven with one of his pieces in the background. I like him a lot.

Andy Williams died at age 84. He was a big part of my childhood because my mother loved him. I did too. Great voice. Wonderful sense of humor too.

Softly, As I Leave You

oh wow, i liked him, too! just about the last of the "crooners", along with tony bennett. my mom had a couple of his albums. didn't there used to be a legend that he dubbed lauren bacall's voice when she sings in to have and have not?

i guess his version of "moon river" was the most famous.

he even acted in a movie that i thought was really cute (in a "bad movies you love" way) called *i'd rather be rich*.

There was that legend that I think he puts away in his long and wonderful interview on the TV archives website.

I've seen that movie as well.

Besides Bennett I think maybe Johnny Mathis and maybe Jack Jones I can't imagine there are too many more. Vic Damone is still alive but I have no idea if he is anything but retired.

i wasn't sure about damone and mathis...i like them both, too. didn't damone sing the title song to "an affair to remember"? and i'm not sure i'm familiar with jack jones. tom, yes. :D

i will look for that interview of andy, thanks.

As for Williams dubbing Bacall voice in THAHN for How Little We Know, Bacall's book By Myself says that she is the one singing. But she does mention that the singing was dubbed later one to 'fix' some notes she couldn't hit (by dubbed with her own voice). Pages 108 and 109. (I just read this because of Andy's death).

Performers *NOT* Inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Grand Funk Railroad - I'm Your Captain/Closer To Home

Dionne Warwick- Walk on by

Performers *NOT* Inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Tommy James & The Shondells

Ringo Starr (as a solo artist) - Photograph

Joe Walsh - Rocky Mountain Way

REO Speedwagon - Tough Guys

Thank you my friend. It is a long standing tradition in our house to play that song for the birthday person. Today, I get it twice. Very nice.

Whee indeed!

Not today. I have band practice at church tonight. We were going to have a nice dinner last night but my daughter was involved in a slight auto accident. (She was rear ended.) SO we spent most of the evening having her checked out. The Bride did bring me a crabcake for lunch today.

My parents are taking us to dinner tomorrow. It will probably be Friday before we get to celebrate, such as it is. (I'd love to have dinner with Quiet Gal. I bet even you'd like it. :))

Thanks Wendy. A lovely greeting from you and Ginger.

The Mrs. actually brought you a crabcake for lunch? That's wonderful! Now that's my kind of love. And it sounds like you're going to have an extended birthday. Those are my favorite. Why not celebrate all week? It's much more fun that way.

I hope your daughter is all right.