Find results that contain...
Find results in...
movieman1957

What Are You Listening To?

​Crystal Gayle - Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue

Kim Carnes - You've Got Bette Davis Eyes

• Like 1

:lol: Heeeerrrrrs Johnny!

Glad we have a common bond with The Man In Black, concidering you profile pic, I too am a guitarist. Great minds think alike. Now all you need to say is that your a John Wayne & Bette Davis fan & then it'll be a wrap!!! lol Here's another Cash favorite of mine.

• Like 1

:lol: Heeeerrrrrs Johnny!

Is that a bass or a guitar?   Anyhow,  have you heard the new Johnny Cash record?   This is a 'lost tape' kind of thing but the cuts are not altered versions of songs already released.      Hey, I'm not even sure it has been released but the L.A. Times had a interesting article about it and how his son produced the record.

Is that a bass or a guitar?   Anyhow,  have you heard the new Johnny Cash record?   This is a 'lost tape' kind of thing but the cuts are not altered versions of songs already released.      Hey, I'm not even sure it has been released but the L.A. Times had a interesting article about it and how his son produced the record.

Yesh I have it's called "Out Among The Stars" & features June Carter Cash & Waylon Jennings. I own the CD version, great tracks, great sound & great everything else it's JOHNNY CASH!!! Another thing is how weird it is to hear for the 1st time in 2014 when it was recorded in the early 80's & still have a modern approach & sound.

Glad we have a common bond with The Man In Black, concidering you profile pic, I too am a guitarist. Great minds think alike. Now all you need to say is that your a John Wayne & Bette Davis fan & then it'll be a wrap!!! lol..

I am a John Wayne and Bette Davis fan - LOL!

• Like 1

I am a John Wayne and Bette Davis fan - LOL!

Hahaha, you sir are good people. lol Can't get any better than John Wayne & Miss Bette Davis in my eyes. And when it comes to good music, I say The Beatles, Johnny Cash, Metallica, Jimi Hendrix, Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Black Sabbath, Bob Marley, The Rolling Stones & Stevie Ray Vaughan. Many more not listed but that's just me. \m/

Yes. Original RH - Hofner '65 Violin "Beatle" Bass - Sunburst.

Haven't heard the record yet but MultiEye has kindly posted a video on it. I'll check it out - see if I can find that Times article.

• Like 1

Yes. Original RH - Hofner '65 Violin "Beatle" Bass - Sunburst.

Haven't heard the record yet but MultiEye has kindly posted a video on it. I'll check it out - see if I can find that Times article.

That's why I'm here, to share & learn & with the new Cash album out, I'm glad to share good music to better the lives of others.

Got lucky. Here's the whole album off YouTube:

• Like 1

Our Love Is Here To Stay - Mildred Bailey with Red Norvo

Nice song.   Interesting that the band plays and Norvo does a solo before any singing starts.   One of the greatests jazz band ever was the Red Norvo trio in the 50s,  either with Tal Farlow or Jimmy Raney on guitar,  and various bass players like Mingus.

• Like 1

Classical Gas - Mason Williams 1968 - A nice piece of work

Quite a pair

Roger Miller - King of the Road